Strange encounter with (fake?) cop tonight

Old December 30th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default Strange encounter with (fake?) cop tonight

On 2009-12-30, John Lucas > wrote:

> "Brent" > wrote in message
>> On 2009-12-30, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
>>
>>> with them. He comes back and continues acting like an ass hole and
>>> gives me my "papers" back and tells me again how he could have cited
>>> me for criminal disobeying an officer and then without so much as a
>>> goodbye he gets on his motorcycle and roars off.

>>> His actions overall make no sense. He's clearly not patrolling the
>>> area. He might be headed to some meeting but he was completely out of
>>> his city just about the time he made his first funky maneuver. I'm
>>> still wondering if his original intent was to get off at the exit he
>>> seemed to be pointing to and he was all ****ed off because he missed
>>> his exit. Ultimately I think that's what was really frosting his
>>> balls, he thought it should have been clear to me that his waving his
>>> arms around in the dark at 60 mph was some sort of clear instruction
>>> to me to slow down the WHOLE 5 mph.

>> He's a cop. that's how cops behave in early 21st century USA. You
>> slighted him in some way (probably thinking you were allowed to drive
>> as fast as him) and he had to teach you who's boss.
>>
>> I've been pulled over twice for LOOKING at cops in ways they didn't
>> approve of when they did something stupid in traffic. They were both
>> rather angry about it too.
>>
>> Then there is the PTSD from spending time working the occupation of
>> countries at the further reaches of the empire.
>>

> You can really drive them nuts if you take videos or even stills of any cop
> you pass. They go bonkers and have no grounds to stop you. Local paper has
> seen to that.

They don't notice the camera I often have in plain sight....

Old December 31st 09, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:05:58 +0800, "Dave C." >
wrote:

>> So we go around the curved ramp that connects two freeways and he's
>> slowed and dropped behind. I get to the far right lane and now he
>> comes up right behind me. I'm still going 60, I've been going between
>> 55 and 60 the whole time. He flips on his lights so I figure he wants
>> to pull me over but it's a narrow shoulder with a concrete wall so I
>> go another half mile where I can pull off all the way onto the dirt
>> beyond the shoulder. He comes up and it's the usual, license,
>> insurance, registration. But he seems worked up, more then any cop
>> should be for a "nothing" traffic stop. I notice he's got nothing in
>> his hands which means, just as I thought, he's not writing tickets on
>> the highway or even writing up warnings. If he was part of anything
>> organized he's be at the least handing out DUI warning pamphlets and
>> he would have said something about it. I give him my license and
>> before I can give him the insurance and reg he starts talking.. "Do
>> you know why I stopped you..." So it turns out he's all ****ed that I
>> was going 60 in the 55 and that I didn't slow down when he "signaled"
>> me to slow down. He asked why I didn't but before I've barely started
>> to tell him that neither I or anyone else in the car could figure out
>> he was doing he starts talking again about how he could cite me for
>> criminal disobeying an officer, blah blah blah.

>I had a local cop in Massachusetts run me off the road (literally,
>forced me all the way OFF the road, way into the ditch) for driving
>about 62MPH in a 55MPH zone. He later threatened to arrest me. This
>was after I extricated myself from the ditch, thinking (incorrectly)
>that his knocking me off the road had been unintentional. That is, I
>had previously thought that the cop had lost control of his vehicle
>when he entered a lane that was already occupied by my vehicle. It
>turns out, he MEANT to enter my lane to knock me off the
>road... -Dave

Seems like he should have been arrested. Do you look into filing
charges, possibly civil charges for the damage.
Old December 31st 09, 06:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Dec 30, 7:05*am, "Dave C." > wrote:

> I had a local cop in Massachusetts run me off the road (literally,
> forced me all the way OFF the road, way into the ditch) for driving
> about 62MPH in a 55MPH zone.

Right.

> He later threatened to arrest me.

Failure To Control...?

> This
> was after I extricated myself from the ditch, thinking (incorrectly)
> that his knocking me off the road had been unintentional.

So, had you thought his knocking you off the road was intentional, you
would have...?

> That is, I
> had previously thought that the cop had lost control of his vehicle
> when he entered a lane that was already occupied by my vehicle.

Previous to thinking you were unintentionally knocked off the road and
coming to your senses, or prior to extricating yourself from the
ditch, what happened...?

> It
> turns out, he MEANT to enter my lane to knock me off the
> road... *-Dave

I assume the purpose of your report was to show off the additions of
"intentional" and "unintentional" to your vocabulary and your
exhibited ignorance of Occam's Razor is completely "unintentional".

Being so stupid is not so offensive as your obvious conclusion that
your audience is even more stupid.
-----

- gpsman
Old January 1st 10, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave C.[_4_]

> Seems like he should have been arrested. Do you look into filing
> charges, possibly civil charges for the damage.

For the first few days I was fuming. Was hoping to hire a lawyer. I
wanted his badge, his job, his DRIVER'S LICENSE and all of his income
for the rest of his life. Was I speeding? HELL YEAH. But last I
checked, that wasn't a crime that carried the death sentence with it.
Where I was forced off the road, there were some pretty stout trees by
the side of the road that I only managed to avoid by some very quick
emergency maneuvers. A lesser driver might have impacted a tree (large
enough to not budge at all) at ~60MPH. The car I was driving didn't
have airbags. I had a passenger. We both would have been severely
injured, if we had lived.

When I went to court, my witness told the judge about the supposed
traffic stop. The speeding ticket was tossed and the judge tore the
cop a new asshole. I let the matter drop. Sometimes I regret that I
let the matter drop.

Luckily, all I hit was tall weeds. No damage to my car other than what
could be fixed with a good washing and waxing. I had that car for
several more years, and it never gave me any trouble at all.

Anyway, after we finally came to complete stop nowhere near the road, I
noticed the cop was a ways down the road pulled over behind a station
wagon. At that point, I naturally assumed that the cop had lost
control of his vehicle. He wasn't interested in me at all (or it
didn't seem like he was at the time), and it didn't make sense logically
that he would have DELIBERATELY run me off the road. I hadn't been
evading, it happened just a second or so after I first saw him come
around the corner in the opposite direction. His vehicle crossed
all the way over the double-yellow into my lane, aimed right at me. I
deliberately ditched my vehicle to avoid a head-on. It happened so
fast, I almost hit trees just off the road. I was in a hurry, and
(while I was severely shaken) I wasn't injured, my passenger said he
was OK, and I was sure the car was OK, so I carefully drove it out of
the ditch and continued on my way...got a few miles down the road and
got pulled over by the same cop who accused me of evading him (and
threatened to arrest me for that) after a traffic stop. (THAT WAS A
TRAFFIC STOP?!?!?) -Dave
Old January 2nd 10, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:44:53 +0800, "Dave C." >
wrote:

>> Seems like he should have been arrested. Do you look into filing
>> charges, possibly civil charges for the damage.

>For the first few days I was fuming. Was hoping to hire a lawyer. I
>wanted his badge, his job, his DRIVER'S LICENSE and all of his income
>for the rest of his life. Was I speeding? HELL YEAH. But last I
>checked, that wasn't a crime that carried the death sentence with it.
>Where I was forced off the road, there were some pretty stout trees by
>the side of the road that I only managed to avoid by some very quick
>emergency maneuvers. A lesser driver might have impacted a tree (large
>enough to not budge at all) at ~60MPH. The car I was driving didn't
>have airbags. I had a passenger. We both would have been severely
>injured, if we had lived.
>
>When I went to court, my witness told the judge about the supposed
>traffic stop. The speeding ticket was tossed and the judge tore the
>cop a new asshole. I let the matter drop. Sometimes I regret that I
>let the matter drop.
>
>Luckily, all I hit was tall weeds. No damage to my car other than what
>could be fixed with a good washing and waxing. I had that car for
>several more years, and it never gave me any trouble at all.
>
>Anyway, after we finally came to complete stop nowhere near the road, I
>noticed the cop was a ways down the road pulled over behind a station
>wagon. At that point, I naturally assumed that the cop had lost
>control of his vehicle. He wasn't interested in me at all (or it
>didn't seem like he was at the time), and it didn't make sense logically
>that he would have DELIBERATELY run me off the road. I hadn't been
>evading, it happened just a second or so after I first saw him come
>around the corner in the opposite direction. His vehicle crossed
>all the way over the double-yellow into my lane, aimed right at me. I
>deliberately ditched my vehicle to avoid a head-on. It happened so
>fast, I almost hit trees just off the road. I was in a hurry, and
>(while I was severely shaken) I wasn't injured, my passenger said he
>was OK, and I was sure the car was OK, so I carefully drove it out of
>the ditch and continued on my way...got a few miles down the road and
>got pulled over by the same cop who accused me of evading him (and
>threatened to arrest me for that) after a traffic stop. (THAT WAS A
>TRAFFIC STOP?!?!?) -Dave

at least the judge called him out. When I called my situation in
there wasn't much they could do without a name or badge number and
it's a safe bet they won't make any effort to figure out who the
officer was.