Old car warrantee sales pitch

Old May 20th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

Default Old car warrantee sales pitch

On my answering machine, about once a week, I have a truncated message
telling me that the warrantee on my car is about to expire and
offering to extend it.
(Obviously, it will do no good to "Press 1.")
Today, I got a call from a live person, seemingly a trainee. She had
no idea what a Studebajer was nor even that they wouldn't extend a
warrantee on a 40+ year old car. I kept asking to speak with an
advisor and repeaating that this was a Studebaker that was older
than she was, but the "Warrantee Advisor" ws always busy.
She was not happy with the identification number that I gave as it
didn't have seventeen characters and wondered why I couldn't tell her
how many miles on it.
I was able to explain the condition of the car, though.
Soon it became clear that she was a trainee and that there was an
instructor there, too. Eventually, after several pauses for
consultation, she just said that they would be unable to add my car
and said goodbye.
I wonder if this is the last of these calls - but doubt it.
Old May 21st 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
jamesmichael2

This is interesting, because I have answered a couple of calls about this
same issue, but indicated I wasn't interested. We do have a 2001 VW that
has recently gone over the 100,000 mi warrenty period, and I assumed they
were trying to sell me an extension for the VW (I believe that is true, but
am still uninterested; if it breaks (and it will), we will pay for the
repairs). We also have a 1967 Alfa Romeo which I'm sure they're not
interested in maintaining. Our standard response to telephone solicitors
is: "We don't respond to telephone solicitations regardless of the source.
Thank you." Telephone solicitors, at best, are a nuisance; at worst, they
will scam you out of whatever you have. If somebody calls your phone to
sell you something (or maybe give you a "free gift"), tell them "No".
Remember, it's your phone and you pay for the service and they are nothing
more than intruders.

Jim Michael

Old May 21st 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

On May 20, 8:54*pm, "jamesmichael2" > wrote:
> This is interesting, because I have answered a couple of calls about this
> same issue, but indicated I wasn't interested. *We do have a 2001 VW that
> has recently gone over the 100,000 mi warrenty period, and I assumed they
> were trying to sell me an extension for the VW (I believe that is true, but
> am still uninterested; if it breaks (and it will), we will pay for the
> repairs). *We also have a 1967 Alfa Romeo which I'm sure they're not
> interested in maintaining. *Our standard response to telephone solicitors
> is: "We don't respond to telephone solicitations regardless of the source.
> Thank you." *Telephone solicitors, at best, are a nuisance; at worst, they
> will scam you out of whatever you have. *If somebody calls your phone to
> sell you something (or maybe give you a "free gift"), tell them "No".
> Remember, it's your phone and you pay for the service and they are nothing
> more than intruders.
>
> Jim Michael
>

> "Stude" > wrote in message

> > On my answering machine, about once a week, I have a truncated message
> > telling me that the warrantee on my car is about to expire and
> > offering to extend it.
> > (Obviously, it will do no good to "Press 1.")
> > *Today, I got a call from a live person, seemingly a trainee. She had
> > no idea what a Studebajer was nor even that they wouldn't extend a
> > warrantee on a 40+ year old car. I kept asking to speak with an
> > advisor and repeaating that this was a *Studebaker that was older
> > than *she was, but the "Warrantee Advisor" ws always busy.
> > She was not happy with the identification number that I gave as it
> > didn't have seventeen characters and wondered why I couldn't tell her
> > how many miles on it.
> > I was able to explain the condition of the car, though.
> > Soon it became clear that she was a trainee and that there was an
> > instructor there, too. Eventually, after several pauses for
> > consultation, she just said that they would be unable to add my car
> > and said goodbye.
> > I wonder if this is the last of these calls - but doubt it.- Hide quoted text -

Between assignments as a Silicon-Valley Engineer I had to resort to
this acivity on ocasion. If it was obvious hat there was no sale at
that number, I'd go on t the next (or the maching woyuld). Others in
the boiler room would tahe it as a personal affront, it seems, and
continue on and on...
It was not as if there were not a million other potentials who might
bote.

warrantee q [email protected] Honda 14 May 16th 07 05:14 AM
7 year/70,000 mile Chrysler Jeep warrantee void if towing [email protected] Jeep 4 April 8th 07 07:34 AM
Warrantee Question Mickey Knox Ford Explorer 6 May 18th 05 01:38 AM
BMW 5 Series end of warrantee Suggestions George Johnston BMW 9 February 16th 05 04:43 AM
330ci end of warrantee sugesstions tuan dao BMW 7 February 15th 05 02:06 AM