Bizarre messages on this newsgroup

Old January 16th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

Default Bizarre messages on this newsgroup

Why does this newsgroup keep getting all these weird, off the wall
posts? The latest ones look like somebody used a program to post
messages under other user's names. What's up with this? Other google
groups I watch never get this kind of crap. MI5 persecution? WTF???

Any suggestions or ideas to stop it?

Forrest
Old January 16th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Heather & Joe Way

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:59:01 -0800 (PST), Otto Skorzeny
> wrote:

>Why does this newsgroup keep getting all these weird, off the wall
>posts? The latest ones look like somebody used a program to post
>messages under other user's names. What's up with this? Other google
>groups I watch never get this kind of crap. MI5 persecution? WTF???
>
>Any suggestions or ideas to stop it?
>
>Forrest

=========================
Well...they seem to appear on all the groups I watch. He keeps setting
up new accounts at different providers, mostly free ones such as gmail
and hotmail, as his previous accounts get shut down for abuse.

My solution was to set a filter in my newsreader to toss anything with
"MI5" straight into the trash. Then I don't have to see it. Most
newsreaders offer filtering that will do this.

Joe
Old January 17th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
George Patterson

Heather & Joe Way wrote:

> My solution was to set a filter in my newsreader to toss anything with
> "MI5" straight into the trash. Then I don't have to see it.

Yeah, but he's started adding special characters at random in there. My filters
are getting pretty big, but at least the combinations are finite.

George Patterson
Worry doesn't improve the future; it just ruins the present.
Old January 17th 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
George Patterson

Otto Skorzeny wrote:
> Why does this newsgroup keep getting all these weird, off the wall
> posts? The latest ones look like somebody used a program to post
> messages under other user's names.

Yeah, that's what they appear to be. The same thing is going on at a few other
groups. One theory is that a few people are trying to ruin the free newsgroups
and drive people to use forums which allow advertising. When a newsgroup gets
targeted for this, you'll see an increasing amount of this garbage, and then
someone will post a "helpful" message informing everyone that there's this
web-based forum where the garbage doesn't exist.

If this occurs here, you will know which outfit is behind this attack.

Old February 25th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Charlie Self

On Jan 16, 11:36 pm, George Patterson > wrote:
> Otto Skorzeny wrote:
> > Why does this newsgroup keep getting all these weird, off the wall
> > posts? The latest ones look like somebody used a program to post
> > messages under other user's names.

> Yeah, that's what they appear to be. The same thing is going on at a few other
> groups. One theory is that a few people are trying to ruin the free newsgroups
> and drive people to use forums which allow advertising. When a newsgroup gets
> targeted for this, you'll see an increasing amount of this garbage, and then
> someone will post a "helpful" message informing everyone that there's this
> web-based forum where the garbage doesn't exist.
>
> If this occurs here, you will know which outfit is behind this attack.

If this guy is really being persecuted by MI5, I wish they'd just go
ahead and terminate him. God kows, he's irritating eough to invite
persecution.