Bumper Boyz?

Old September 12th 04, 02:09 PM
Rabbit

> What you do is your own affair. My preference is not to do business
> with functionally-illiterate imbeciles who may well lack the
> intelligence to even total up an invoice correctly, let alone provide
> service after the sale if needed.

And you know that the company's employees are like that, simply because they
work for a firm with an unusual spelling of its name?

Heavens. I suspect the folks working at Toys R Us are all kindergarten
dropouts. Ditto the people who make Artic Beer, Froot Loops, and Rice
Krispies.

Rabbit

Old September 12th 04, 02:26 PM
Nate Nagel

Robin Banks wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:17:21 -0400, "Rabbit" > wrote:
>

>>There are different qualities of chrome, and obviously you don't need the
>>show stuff. Make this clear at the beginning.

> Thought I was pretty clear on what I was interested in. I originally said:
>

>>I'm mainly wondering about durability and shine long after they're new,
>>peeling problems, etc.

> I didn't say anything about show quality. I guess I'll have to mention "I'm
> not interested in show quality" from now on. <laugh>
>
>>I'm also in the "your bumpers are better" school. The last thing you need is
>>to get them home and find that they don't line up, or they're bent, and your
>>own bumpers aren't available to you anymore.

> If I was to do an exchange like BB does, I would dry fit right there at the
> show BEFORE I or they left.
>

> ~~R.Banks

I haven't had that issue with them, mostly because the sum of my
interactions with them has been trading Studebaker Hawk bumpers.
Usually the cores we give them are the only Hawk bars they have

One thing I did notice was that on one bar when I tightened down the
bumper bolt I got a little "blister" in the chrome. Wasn't ecstatic
about that... another time a bar had a "run" in the chrome that peeled
off, they redid that one for free.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Old September 12th 04, 02:58 PM
Grumpy au Contraire

Roger Blake wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 04:04:57 GMT, Robin Banks > wrote:
> >Thanks Roger. When I need to buy parts/services from someone where hat
> >wearing and the spelling of their company name is important, I'll be sure to

> What you do is your own affair. My preference is not to do business
> with functionally-illiterate imbeciles who may well lack the
> intelligence to even total up an invoice correctly, let alone provide
> service after the sale if needed. I also despise today's young people,
> who are at the forefront of stupidities such as pluralizing with "z"
> and wearing caps backwards, as well as other vulgarities. If these
> so-called "boyz" are under the age of 40 I would not give them the time
> of day, let alone my hard-earned cash. (If they are at least 40 they
> should know better than to adopt the inane trappings of today's youth.)
>
> --
> Roger Blake
> (Subtract 10 for email.)

Yer in fer a tuff lyfe...

--
JT

Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4
Old September 12th 04, 03:04 PM
dreas

"Roger Blake" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 04:04:57 GMT, Robin Banks

> wrote:
> >Thanks Roger. When I need to buy parts/services from someone where hat
> >wearing and the spelling of their company name is important, I'll be sure

> What you do is your own affair. My preference is not to do business
> with functionally-illiterate imbeciles who may well lack the
> intelligence to even total up an invoice correctly, let alone provide
> service after the sale if needed. I also despise today's young people,
> who are at the forefront of stupidities such as pluralizing with "z"
> and wearing caps backwards, as well as other vulgarities. If these
> so-called "boyz" are under the age of 40 I would not give them the time
> of day, let alone my hard-earned cash. (If they are at least 40 they
> should know better than to adopt the inane trappings of today's youth.)

Don't you hate it when they refer to you as "Yo! Dog!"
Such disrespect ****es me right off, and I'm only just 40...

Anyone with that attitude doesn't get my business either.

Ever.

-'dreas

Old September 17th 04, 04:36 AM
Refinish King

You sound like you have age envy issues!

Sorry for you Pappy!

Refinish King

PS
47, and I still feel like a kid!

Old September 17th 04, 04:39 AM
Refinish King

How about:

"Yo, mah nizzle"?

Refinish King

"dreas" > wrote in message

> "Roger Blake" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 04:04:57 GMT, Robin Banks

> > wrote:
> > >Thanks Roger. When I need to buy parts/services from someone where hat
> > >wearing and the spelling of their company name is important, I'll be

sure

> > What you do is your own affair. My preference is not to do business
> > with functionally-illiterate imbeciles who may well lack the
> > intelligence to even total up an invoice correctly, let alone provide
> > service after the sale if needed. I also despise today's young people,
> > who are at the forefront of stupidities such as pluralizing with "z"
> > and wearing caps backwards, as well as other vulgarities. If these
> > so-called "boyz" are under the age of 40 I would not give them the time
> > of day, let alone my hard-earned cash. (If they are at least 40 they
> > should know better than to adopt the inane trappings of today's youth.)

> Don't you hate it when they refer to you as "Yo! Dog!"
> Such disrespect ****es me right off, and I'm only just 40...
>
> Anyone with that attitude doesn't get my business either.
>
> Ever.
>
> -'dreas

Chevy Blazer Rear Bumper Removal Spiderman 4x4 1 October 29th 04 12:28 PM
Rear bumper dvc Alfa Romeo 0 September 9th 04 02:22 AM
Rear Bumper Replacement Options for a '77 Spider G. MacPherson Alfa Romeo 12 June 23rd 04 06:16 PM
Help on replacing 2002 4runner bumper. cadenas 4x4 2 May 11th 04 04:06 PM