Suspension parts - what's the diff (Dorman, Raybestos, AC Delco,Mevotech, Moog)

Old January 26th 17, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Suspension parts - what's the diff (Dorman, Raybestos, AC Delco,Mevotech, Moog)

Federal-Mogul's e-cat site www.fme-cat.com shows an RK7211 and CK7211. Years ago there was only one MOOG part number K7211, but today they offer a standard grade RK7211 that is similar to the competitors you listed, ALL with plastic bearings. BUT the CK7211 is MOOG's problem solver with a ball joint that has a powdered metal "gusher" bearing that continually lubricates the stud and is much more durable than the others. It also includes a Belleville washer that acts like a spring, keeping the internal components tight even as the metal bearing experiences wear down the road. The CK7211 will stay tighter much longer than the others including the RK7211. Good luck.