Anyone having any problems with PRHT model?

Old January 11th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Marc Gerges

Default Anyone having any problems with PRHT model?

pws > wrote:

> The early white miata paint was awful, the later paint improved
> dramatically. It is hard to find a white 1990 or 1991 model with
> original paint that is not peeling badly.

Lucky me that mine' a '94, then. The paint is still ok, except it has
aged a slight bit differently on the plastic bits than on the metal.

> White has always been one of my favorite colors too, but anytime the
> choice is mine, such as re-painting or if I were to buy a new car, I
> still go with a dark blue or black, which stays clean-looking for about
> 1% of the time that a white car does after washing it.
> However, for those 30 seconds or so after washing and waxing, my former
> Starlight Mica blue was a beautiful color. ;-)

:-)

Personal taste, obviously. But I think there's so many nice features on
the car lost in dark color - like the huge front opening, the rear
lights etc...

Plus I think the Miata is following the classic english sports cars and
shouldn't come in fancy colors. I like the original white, the red and
the blue... something like silver metallic is already a bit too
fashionable in my eyes ;-)

cu
.\\arc
Old January 11th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Remove This" > wrote:

> "Marc Gerges" > wrote in message
>

>> I'm intrigued as well... what makes the white ones better than
>> the rest?

> OH No, here we go again.

Leon made a truly classic post, it should NOT be allowed to be
forgotten..... otherwise, he'll eventually live it down and we can't
let that happen can we? <BSEG>

Old January 11th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Marc Gerges wrote:

> Lucky me that mine' a '94, then. The paint is still ok, except it has
> aged a slight bit differently on the plastic bits than on the metal.

I think that they had it fixed by then.
The fading will be the case with any car that hasn't been garaged most
of its life or waxed fanatically. My red is defintely different shades
after 16 years.

> Personal taste, obviously. But I think there's so many nice features on
> the car lost in dark color - like the huge front opening, the rear
> lights etc...

That is funny, the open mouth is exactly one of the reasons that I like
the darker colors better, because it is not as obvious with them.

Also, each of the "M" edition M1 miatas had one feature that the rest
did not, and that was the same color used on the entire car instead of
having a black band around the bottom.
The difference is subtle, but much better and more clean looking, imo.

> Plus I think the Miata is following the classic english sports cars and
> shouldn't come in fancy colors. I like the original white, the red and
> the blue... something like silver metallic is already a bit too
> fashionable in my eyes ;-)
>
> cu
> .\\arc

The original Smurf blue? We definitely have different tastes. :-)

Pat
Old January 12th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Old school eh? Nothing wrong with that but, silver (a good silver) shows
curves / contours so well, it's amazing.

Of course Black is bad, really BAD ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old January 13th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

XS11E > wrote:

>"Iva" .> wrote:
>
>> XS11E wrote:

>>> "Best"? You've GOT to be kidding, there's not one white one
>>> among them! I guess if you don't mind being slower you could
>>> live with other colors? <GD&R>

>> But, but, but, he's got a Classic Red! What could be better?!?!?!?
>> <G>

>White, of course. Leon will explain it to you! <G>

I see no reason to take issue with Iva's post. She clearly is
safety conscious and believes Miatas should not be overly fast.
She does not want the car to be more than her capability to
control it, you see.

I think Iva is very sensible.

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata ,)
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old January 13th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
tooloud

Marc Gerges wrote:
> tooloud --
>
> tooloud > wrote:
>>
>> I've never understood why some people think they can't drive their
>> "weekend toy" to work and to run errands and whatnot, provided
>> you're not carrying a kid around with you or something. It's like
>> the thought that they drive to work could be enjoyable, too, doesn't
>> even cross some people's minds.

> Most people that try this find that toys played with too much tend to
> lose their attractiveness.

<shrug> I don't think I'm one of those people. I find that I don't have
enough time to enjoy my stuff as it is already.

> However mind boggling an Exige's
> performance may be, one will get used to it. And then one will start
> noticing the squeaks and rattles,

Eh, a lot of cars do that after a while.

> the non existant rear view,

It can't be much worse than my SO's daily-driver Infiniti FX.

> and the
> ridiculously hard clutch in stop-and-go traffic.

I'll see you an '89 Ford Taurus SHO I owned quite a while ago; my left leg
got quite a workout.

> I drive my toys to work, because I am lucky in having quite a nice
> stretch of road to work. But if I have to do grocery shopping, bet
> it's not the MX-5 that goes.

You must have a lot of groceries to buy. I've never had a hard time finding
enough room in the Miata for groceries for my family of three.

> I don't know if it's customary to present oneself - I am new here.
> Found a white 94 in top condition (50000 km) last summer and love it.
> Daily driver is a Toyota Prius, other toy car is a Citroen DS.

Welcome!

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply

Old January 13th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
tooloud

XS11E wrote:
> "tooloud" > wrote in
>
>> I've never understood why some people think they can't drive their
>> "weekend toy" to work and to run errands and whatnot

> Because my Miata won't carry my scooter and scooter lift, that's why.

That's a rather specific situation, don't you think?

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply

Old January 13th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
tooloud

McMahon wrote:
>> As far as I am concerned, I would simply never develop the patience
>> to wait
>> for it to lower itself. It would drive me nuts.
>>

> Also, just listening to ALL those little plastic gears and motors and
> lids and flaps that ALL have to work together just perfectly ...
>
> After driving a PRHT for 3 weeks (another car, but still a PRHT) all
> of that plastic, electronic synchronicity made me ... nervous about
> owning a PRHT. I mean, what happens when a plastic tooth breaks off
> one of those plastic gear wheels and the cover-lid goes out-of-sync
> with the top.
> Yeeesh.
>
> If I end up going Miata again, it will definitely be a no-hassle,
> quick up/down (very important foe CA Freeway traffic) Soft-Top.

Ah, another person that won't buy something for fear that it will break. How
do you ever enjoy things when you look at it in those terms?

I've got a friend whose father purchased nothing but Cadillacs. The first
thing he always did was remove the hood ornament because "someone might
steal it".

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply