90YJ rear door tire mounting

Old March 19th 05, 03:22 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Default 90YJ rear door tire mounting

does anybody know what the "weak" point in the tire mounting is,
the tire-bracket-?
the tire-bracket mounting to the door-?
the door-?
the door hinges?

im thinking of beefing it up, running angle iron from the hinges
over to the tire-mounting bracket,
then building a 2-light-bicycle rack off the 31inch spare,

thanks,
johnp

Old March 19th 05, 03:47 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi John,
It's plastic! I'd put a Real Jeep tailgate on it:
http://web.archive.org/web/200403020...g/Tailgate.htm
And make or buy a spare carrier from Warn:
http://warn.com/truck/mounting-syste...kcrawler.shtml
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 19th 05, 04:02 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

http://web.archive.org/web/200403020....org/Tailgate=
..htm
> And make or buy a spare carrier from Warn:
> http://warn.com/truck/mounting-syste...kcrawler.shtml

> God Bless America, =DFill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

Bill, far as i can tell my whole doors metal,
wheres the plastic??
my outside and inside shell is metal,,

johnp

Old March 19th 05, 04:07 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Did you put a magnet on it?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 19th 05, 04:28 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

no but ive got a nice big dent in it,
but ill do that in the morn,,,

Old March 19th 05, 04:33 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

BILL< my son just ran a magnet around it,
its all metal inside and out,
,
so is it tough enough??
,
johnp

Old March 19th 05, 04:34 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

And rust?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 19th 05, 04:39 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

nope no rust,
the whole jeeps pritty much rustfree, none on any of the body,
and very,very little on frame,
,
got lucky when i bought it,
it was taken care of, cept for one small crash, then they sold it, to
me,

johnp

Old March 19th 05, 04:39 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Not if you have to travel a wash board dirt road for any distance.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 19th 05, 04:41 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III