E30 door trivia - side impact bars

Old January 31st 05, 04:58 PM
John Burns

Default E30 door trivia - side impact bars

Been playing with E30 doors today :-)

Seems that UK spec cars built after the mid-87 face lift have 1" thick
side impact bars, earlier ones don't. They also seem to be pre-wired for
tweeters.

This is on the two door model. Also looks like the window lifters are
different.

Hope that makes someone's day just a little more complete :-)

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
Old February 1st 05, 10:06 AM
Frank Kemper

John Burns > haute in die Tasten:

> This is on the two door model. Also looks like the window lifters are
> different.
>
> Hope that makes someone's day just a little more complete :-)

I'd like to add that the convertible model also has side impact bars
and that the sheetmetal parts of the convertible doors are not
interchangeable with the sedans. The front fenders aren't either.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance