2001 T&C speedometer

Old July 18th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dan[_20_]

Default 2001 T&C speedometer

My mini has a problem ,it shows 0 miles an hour when driving but the
odometer works fine.The van has only 20,000 miles on it and I am wondering
if there is a reset to make it work again.I just acquired this van and any
help would be great.Thanks in advance

Old July 18th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mike Y

"Dan" > wrote in message
> My mini has a problem ,it shows 0 miles an hour when driving but the
> odometer works fine.The van has only 20,000 miles on it and I am wondering
> if there is a reset to make it work again.I just acquired this van and any
> help would be great.Thanks in advance

Sounds broken, and probably needs replaced. But...

I read somewhere there's a reset/recalibrate feature you can do to
some of the displays. Don't know if it will work with yours, but if
you got nothing to loose... Btw, I never tried this with mine, so I
have no idea if this is correct. With the key off, hold down the trip
reset. Turn the key on. Continue holding the trip reset until
the display does something. Let go the trip reset.

Old July 18th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Mike Y wrote:

> "Dan" > wrote in message
>
>>My mini has a problem ,it shows 0 miles an hour when driving but the
>>odometer works fine.The van has only 20,000 miles on it and I am wondering
>>if there is a reset to make it work again.I just acquired this van and any
>>help would be great.Thanks in advance
>>

> Sounds broken, and probably needs replaced. But...
>
> I read somewhere there's a reset/recalibrate feature you can do to
> some of the displays. Don't know if it will work with yours, but if
> you got nothing to loose... Btw, I never tried this with mine, so I
> have no idea if this is correct. With the key off, hold down the trip
> reset. Turn the key on. Continue holding the trip reset until
> the display does something. Let go the trip reset.

You got the procedure right as long as it is understood that where you
said "Turn the key on", you mean to turn it to the Unlock position
(that's the position between Off (steering wheel locked) and Run) - not
to the run position. That's the way it works on the LH cars - would
expect the minivans to work the same way.

But, I doubt if that will fix the OP's problem, unless the needle has
flipped around to the back side of the zero pin.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

TJ speedometer Jerry Bransford[_2_] Jeep 0 March 14th 07 09:15 PM
2001 Honda Civic issues 1) Front End Clicking 2) Speedometer erratic 3) Corrosion on uncarriage warrioratc Honda 10 February 7th 07 06:23 PM
TJ speedometer JimG Jeep 5 June 7th 06 12:02 AM
2001 dodge caravan speedometer trouble mmkonec Dodge 2 April 12th 05 03:01 AM
speedometer VW air cooled 1 March 20th 05 01:12 AM