?VTI Transmission Experiences in the Vue?

Old August 21st 04, 04:18 AM
Pinball Hobbyist

Default ?VTI Transmission Experiences in the Vue?

Has anyone purchased a Vue (4cyl) with the VTI transmission and
put some serious mileage on it? How does it drive and how does it
hold up? Curious,
PH

--
R e m o v e XYZZY f r o m e m a i l a d d r e s s w h e n r e p l y i n g
Old November 17th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
johnnyjohn

RUN FROM THE SATURN VUE!!!! It is a pile junk so bad that dealers refuse
to work it. I purchased new from Saturn of Montgomery and they do not
honor their work or warranty, replaced rear wheel bearings several
times, has not run right from day two, runs rough and nevers get more
than 13 MPG. Has been sitting for sometime with a bad transission that
Saturn refuses to work on. Dealer says that it is a bad trans and is no
longer made by GM, cannot get new one nor can get parts. Dealer says not
to tell anyone he said it but I should sue GM as the transmission is a
bad design and defective. There is a lawsuit about the transmission that
I am waiting on the papers to join. In the meantime the VUE sits while I
still make payments on it and the loan value is so bad i can't get a
loan to fix-if I can find a used transmission as used transmissions and
used parts are the only way to fix it. RUN FROM IT (want to buy a nice
used Saturn?)

--
johnnyjohn
johnnyjohn's Profile: http://www.gmforum.com/online/member.php?userid=380

Old November 18th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman[_2_]

Sounds to me like the primary problem is your dealer. Not to diminish the
issues with your vehicle, but all mechanical machines will break and can
have manufacturing or design defects. That said, how your dealer is
treating you is inexcusable. You'd probably help others most by stating
which state "Montgomery " (Saturn of Montgomery is not at all clear at least
to me) is located (there are several cities in the US with that name, the
largest being in Alabama and the smallest being 10 miles from me in the
Midwest).

On buying your used vehicle, you make it sound so appealing! You really
know how to close the sale, so I am sure you will get top dollar.

Bob

Old November 23rd 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

The VTi tranny was pretty much a flop for Saturn. Saturn stopped using this
transmission in the VUE in 2004. All VUEs made in mid-2004 have the
Hydro-Matic transmission since then. Saturn extended the powertrain
warranties to all ORIGINAL VTi owners back in 2006 to cover for any
potential problems. I don't know how long you have had your VUE, but it is
worth looking into by calling Saturn Customer Service.

There have have been many who have actually had good luck with thier VTI
VUEs and IONs, so not all are dogs but as a general rule, I agree to avoid
all early VUES - but ONLY the ones with the VTi transmission, unless you
have a great warranty and a very good mechanic that knows VTi trannys inside
and out. Sounds like you don't, so I would look into another Saturn shop,
even if you have to drive 100 miles to get it fixed.

But please don't flame all VUEs, there are many different models and years,
NOT all are the same.

Last time I checked VTi parts and trannys ARE still available. Your dealer
mechanic was an a$#hole for even suggesting suing his own company - knowing
that there are solutions that Saturn has already provided for people who
bought VTi VUES from Saturn. (if you bought your VUE from a used car lot,
not saturn, then good luck).

Nonetheless, if you have not already I would call Saturn Customer Service
and report this person, see if they can help you.

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>