3rd-Best Handling Car is a Mustang?

Old September 7th 11, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default 3rd-Best Handling Car is a Mustang?

According to C&D's latest, Ford's Mustang GT is the 3rd best handling
car in America, for under $40 grand. The Mazda Miata took second
place, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR the tallest podium.

I say that's damn good! Again, we can rebut those 'it's a Mustang/an
American car/has an ancient straight axle, so it doesn't handle for
****' cracks Now we can counter with: The Mustang GT selected as 1 of
the 6 best handling cars in America, handled better than the
Volkswagen GTI, Mini Cooper (John Works version) and the Nissan 370Z!

And that I say, deserves a round of applause!

Patrick

Old September 7th 11, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

" > wrote in message
> According to C&D's latest, Ford's Mustang GT is the 3rd best handling
> car in America, for under $40 grand. The Mazda Miata took second
> place, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR the tallest podium.
>
> I say that's damn good! Again, we can rebut those 'it's a Mustang/an
> American car/has an ancient straight axle, so it doesn't handle for
> ****' cracks Now we can counter with: The Mustang GT selected as 1 of
> the 6 best handling cars in America, handled better than the
> Volkswagen GTI, Mini Cooper (John Works version) and the Nissan 370Z!
>
> And that I say, deserves a round of applause!
>
> Patrick

SCHMOOPY!!!

)

Old September 8th 11, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-09-07, > wrote:
> According to C&D's latest, Ford's Mustang GT is the 3rd best handling
> car in America, for under $40 grand. The Mazda Miata took second
> place, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR the tallest podium.
>
> I say that's damn good! Again, we can rebut those 'it's a Mustang/an
> American car/has an ancient straight axle, so it doesn't handle for
> ****' cracks Now we can counter with: The Mustang GT selected as 1 of
> the 6 best handling cars in America, handled better than the
> Volkswagen GTI, Mini Cooper (John Works version) and the Nissan 370Z!
>
> And that I say, deserves a round of applause!

For less than 40K, and no BMW in the test... but since the mustang now
hangs with the M3, any BMW that cheap would probably only do better in
the subjective areas.

I just read the important parts of the article a few hours ago. Upon
reading it I don't know if there is all that much difference between
1st,2nd,and 3rd. It seems pretty subjective between them. Numbers wise
the Mustang GT dominated. The only place it wasn't first were specific
segments of the track. It was also first(tied) in 'lap time without
straights' I guess this was C&D's attempt to remove the influence of raw
power.

Something I never thought to ask regarding handling ChrisCoaster Technology 10 March 16th 09 03:48 PM
What does 'handling' mean? [email protected] Driving 62 September 20th 07 05:53 AM
Handling Question Raybender BMW 14 November 18th 05 10:10 PM
Evil Handling TJ Dean Jeep 2 August 26th 05 02:34 PM