Radio Code

Old February 2nd 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.makers.mazda
KWS

Default Radio Code

I bought a used radio for a 2000 Mazda Protege. It will likely need a
code to unlock it once installed. There is a procedure that works for my
Miata radio (easily found on the internet), but I haven't found one for
the Protege radio.

Does anyone know where I can find the general code to unlock this radio?

Thanks,

Ken
Old February 2nd 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

YES, there is, but once we tell you then we have to ,(well you know the
rest) !

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Yes, there is, I just don't remember what it is. I'm sure someone here
can send it to you at your E-mail address, just not on line.

Bruce

Old February 3rd 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KWS

Actually, Bruce, there is even better news. I had to crawl along with
Google until I found this. Future searchers of Mazda radio codes, please
take note:

http://www.fosketts.net/stephen/miat...dio/index.html

Ken

p.s. In case you don't want to bother to read it: there is no code in
these radios.

Old February 5th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Yes, the radio does not come from the factory with a code in it. (early
Miatas ie NA) They leave it up to the owner to put one in. (Honda and
others have a code and YOU can't change it ! ) Mazda lets you pick your
numbers however, many owners do not know that and never put a code in
the radio. NB Bose, will not respond to the method that is in the shop
manual on how to set a code. :-) It just does not know what you are
trying to do with the buttons. The 2003 shop manual has 3 pages telling
you how to SET the code and how to CHANGE the code. None of it works on
a 2003 Bose radio ! Just a printing error I guess.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old February 5th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

That info. is in the garage section of miata.net I was just trying to
follow the shop manual on mine so I would not get left out with a radio
that I couldn't use with out pulling it to get the S/N

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old February 6th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

KWS > wrote:

>http://www.fosketts.net/stephen/miat...dio/index.html

Does anyone know *why* Bose is always using low impedance speakers?
They must have some justification for bucking the standard.

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old February 6th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KWS

This is so non-technical:

So they can create a demand for something unique that they supply at
higher cost and, presumably, higher margin?

Ken

Old February 6th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote:

> KWS > wrote:

http://www.fosketts.net/stephen/miat...dio/index.html

> Does anyone know *why* Bose is always using low impedance speakers?
> They must have some justification for bucking the standard.

To match impedence with their output amps of course, the question would
be why use low impedence output stages?

I can only guess it's related to KWS's answer, it prevents the customer
from going elsewhere for parts?

Old February 7th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.makers.mazda
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:41:17 -0800, KWS wrote:

> I bought a used radio for a 2000 Mazda Protege. It will likely need a code
> to unlock it once installed. There is a procedure that works for my Miata
> radio (easily found on the internet), but I haven't found one for the
> Protege radio.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find the general code to unlock this radio?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

You'll probably have to go to the dealer...