E46 Inspection Light Question

Old June 29th 05, 02:20 AM
dougefresh

Default E46 Inspection Light Question

I have a 99 323i with 44k miles. When I purchased the car(pre-
owned) it did not have the correct owners manual. Manual I have is
for a 2001 325, which shows the "Inspection" light will come on
when appropriate. Does my car have this feature? I would like to
know if I should do an inspection service as I am approaching 45k
miles and the car will need an oil change anyway.

Tried to acquire the proper owner's manual, with very little luck.

Many thanks

Doug e

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Old June 29th 05, 03:20 AM
AL

Your car is equipt with this feature, I believe. ???

Al

Old June 29th 05, 03:31 AM
Tom K.

"dougefresh" > wrote in message
>I have a 99 323i with 44k miles. When I purchased the car(pre-
> owned) it did not have the correct owners manual. Manual I have is
> for a 2001 325, which shows the "Inspection" light will come on
> when appropriate. Does my car have this feature? I would like to
> know if I should do an inspection service as I am approaching 45k
> miles and the car will need an oil change anyway.
>
> Tried to acquire the proper owner's manual, with very little luck.
>
> Many thanks

On my 1999 328i, the mileage countdown on the odometer, when you first turn
on the ignition, will indicate either "Oil Service" or "Inspection" slightly
above and top the left. So since you are not seeing Inspection, I would
guess that your next service will be Oil and about 15k or so later, you will
need Inspection II. Most likely, the first Oil Service was at 15k,
Inspection I at 30k, so you are right on schedule and after the mechanic
resets the service indicator, you should see "Inspection". I doubt there
was any change between '99 and '01 in this area.