C5 Questions

Old August 29th 04, 08:57 PM
Larry Wallerstein

Default C5 Questions

I droppped my C6 spot and purchased a C5 built on 6/21. I've put the Corsa
Indy Pace Tigersharks on it, so far. Coupe.
I'd like to increase the horsepower to the C6 numbers, and I am told this
can be done with a Nightwing, or other front air induction change with K&N
and a "chip" for the computer, bringing the 360/375 manual up to 400/??

Anybody already do this, and what are the downsides, if any?

Also, I'm going to put on Hotchkiss anti-sway bars and change the tires out
in about 15,000 miles to either the C6 run flats or something in a non
runflat.
Both mods are for handling. Trying to emulate Z06 handling, but still have
my coupe with the removable top.

Who's done this and how were your results?

Thanks,
Larry

Old August 29th 04, 09:10 PM
Dad

"Larry Wallerstein" > wrote in message
>I droppped my C6 spot and purchased a C5 built on 6/21. I've put the
>Corsa
> Indy Pace Tigersharks on it, so far. Coupe.
> I'd like to increase the horsepower to the C6 numbers, and I am told this
> can be done with a Nightwing, or other front air induction change with K&N
> and a "chip" for the computer, bringing the 360/375 manual up to 400/??
>
> Anybody already do this, and what are the downsides, if any?
>
> Also, I'm going to put on Hotchkiss anti-sway bars and change the tires
> out
> in about 15,000 miles to either the C6 run flats or something in a non
> runflat.
> Both mods are for handling. Trying to emulate Z06 handling, but still
> have
> my coupe with the removable top.
>
> Who's done this and how were your results?
>
> Thanks,
> Larry

I put these on my '98 and it did wonders for it, thought the Hotchkiss were
way over priced.
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...ber=Z06STABKIT
You will love the C5 with non runflats. Also have the Corsa, X pipe, and K&M
air filter but can't really say it created much HP.
--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 29th 04, 09:10 PM
Dad

Old August 30th 04, 12:25 AM
Gerd Henjes

Larry...

Whoever you were talking to about your new C5 was a complete moron.

It's a Blackwing airfilter, probably good for 10 h.p.

There are no chips for these cars going back to '97. You need to have a
tuner upload a revised tune to the cars computer flashram.

Leave the sway bars alone. If you really just have to spend the money get
the Z-06 bars and shocks.

I got 27k from my runflats on my '97, why would I throw that use away...

oh, I forget you've got money to burn and bought the C-5 over the C-6, yeah
right.

Gerd

Old August 30th 04, 12:25 AM
Gerd Henjes

Old August 30th 04, 01:33 AM
SAPguru

Gerd Henjes wrote:
> There are no chips for these cars going back to '97. You need to have
> a tuner upload a revised tune to the cars computer flashram.

I have the HyperTech tuning box, and I really didn't see much of a change
on my 03 Z06. I think the best change other than the N2O was doing the
B&M ripper. You will never miss a shift again with that, at any RPM.

Old August 30th 04, 01:33 AM
SAPguru

Old August 30th 04, 10:43 AM
C5Guy

>.....change the tires out
> in about 15,000 miles to either the C6 run flats or something in a non
> runflat.

I changed mine for Mich. Pilot Sports.....when I drove the car home, I
thought they'de given me the wrong car....the ride was smooth, quite, and
the handling was way up....mind you, the old runflats were a bit "slick"

C:>

Old August 30th 04, 10:43 AM
C5Guy

Old August 30th 04, 04:36 PM
Gerd Henjes

C5Guy... I agree with you 100% that the runflats are noisy and rude... but
there aren't too many of us going to throw away a new set of tires. I just
love the Goodyear Supercar tires on my '04 Z-06... only wish I could have
had them on my '97, which I sold in March still with the original runcraps.

Gerd