NFS Shift tips and comments

Old September 28th 09, 11:59 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

Default NFS Shift tips and comments

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:15 +0100 (BST), Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:
>
>> yesterday I finally got as far as unlocking the Veyron Challenge
>> at The Ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fXhiTDGSrw

thanks for sharing, Andy. Will NFS:Shift run decently on my geforce
8800 GTX? I've read in places it's rather hardware hungry... the
graphics look awesome in that video you posted.

Uwe
Old September 28th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> Never mind. They're all silly computer games at the end of the day, and we're all
> sat at a desk playing pretend. We just all have our own idea about which cocktail
> of pretend is best. :-)

Blasphemy!

Time for another RAS stoning...
Old September 28th 09, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Richard[_15_]

Uwe wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:15 +0100 (BST), Andrew MacPherson wrote:
>> (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:
>>
>>> yesterday I finally got as far as unlocking the Veyron Challenge
>>> at The Ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fXhiTDGSrw

> thanks for sharing, Andy. Will NFS:Shift run decently on my geforce
> 8800 GTX? I've read in places it's rather hardware hungry... the
> graphics look awesome in that video you posted.
>

> Uwe

It runs fine on my 8800 GTS. Medium settings all around. Looks fine to
me. I just have to figure out how to get the AI to stop bumping me off
when I pass them cleanly. They always whack me at the next turn. It's
the one thing that ruins the fun for me. I believe in clean driving,
NFS/S gives point for unclean driving. It should take away points for
smashing into others.
The game is kind of fun in a non serious kind of way. No pressure to
be perfect, just drive. The Veyron is a beast at the 'Ring. My first
race there, I came in with everything dented.
Old September 30th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

Hi folks,

I downloaded and installed the demo last night. It comes with two
tracks, London City and the veritable Spa Francorchamps circuit. The
demo had mouse control, loading times were ok so a couple of gripes
with NFS:S have apparently been fixed already. FPS was ok (I had to
upgrade the nv drivers to the latest release though as the cars in the
spinner were all invisible ;-), nothing to write home about but even
on medium settings the graphics looked a lot better than rF.

Physics: I'd rate them ok, but I somehow feel that better fps could
help a lot with the feedback from the car, but that might just be
me. The driving experience was believeable, and I'm beginning to
understand just what kind of fun Andy has when running on the
Nordschleife.

Sounds are great, too.

Conclusion: I'll probably buy it when I find it in a shop somewhere (a
mate mentioned a copy for 40 euros somewhere). It won't replace rF
anytime soon, but as Andy said, it's a fun diversion from all out
serious simracing.

Cheers,

Uwe

Your Comments would be welcome Tall Dave Alfa Romeo 4 July 3rd 09 11:28 AM
Comments Please: BryanUT VW air cooled 1 November 7th 06 03:01 PM
325i 92 Automatic shift problem - will not shift into Park Jeffrey BMW 1 September 22nd 06 03:24 PM
Comments on '97 through '02 SL1 & SL2? Bob Shuman Saturn 5 May 23rd 06 05:14 AM
X3 comments??? mike BMW 20 December 3rd 04 01:40 AM