mustng 2007, like it?

Old March 4th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default mustng 2007, like it?

I just drove a 2007 GT. Inthe brief time I drove, I noticed that in
first or second gear when accelerating up to about 2500 rpm, when you
shifted or let of the gas the engine held the speed for a noticeable
amount of time. (smog equipment I guess) The dealer said "they all do
that".

It is not so bad when you are shifting, but when you are moving slowly,
like up to a stop sign and you lift off in 2 nd gear it is annoying to
have the car keep going at a steady pace instead of slowing, then you
have to apply the brakes which have to both slow the car and work
against the throttle which is still being held slightly open by the
computer.

I was wondering, do any of you owners still get annoyed by that or does
it not get noticed after a while? I live in New England so costing up to
a stop sign with the engine doing 2,000 rpm on a snowy road is a
consideration.

Norm?

Old March 5th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
chris

I have an 06 and mine doesn't do that. I don't have a GT but V6. The fly by
wire throttle can get out of calibration if you always start the car with
the throttle partially depressed, so keep you foot of the gas pedal when
starting.

You can recalibrate it by shuting the car off, turn the key on, but not
start it, wait about 5 seconds, slowly press the gas pedal to the floor,
release, shut the car off and restart it.

They say it works, I've tried it and it does seem to help throttle response.

Old March 5th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Stubby

..... wrote:
> I just drove a 2007 GT. Inthe brief time I drove, I noticed that in
> first or second gear when accelerating up to about 2500 rpm, when you
> shifted or let of the gas the engine held the speed for a noticeable
> amount of time. (smog equipment I guess) The dealer said "they all do
> that".
>
> It is not so bad when you are shifting, but when you are moving slowly,
> like up to a stop sign and you lift off in 2 nd gear it is annoying to
> have the car keep going at a steady pace instead of slowing, then you
> have to apply the brakes which have to both slow the car and work
> against the throttle which is still being held slightly open by the
> computer.
>
> I was wondering, do any of you owners still get annoyed by that or does
> it not get noticed after a while? I live in New England so costing up to
> a stop sign with the engine doing 2,000 rpm on a snowy road is a
> consideration.
>
> Norm?

I have a 2007 V6, and have never noticed the behavior that you
described. I also test drove a GT, and didn't notice it.
Old March 6th 07, 10:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Thomas Hart[_1_]

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:08:47 -0500 "chris" > wrote in
Message id: >:

>I have an 06 and mine doesn't do that. I don't have a GT but V6. The fly by
>wire throttle can get out of calibration if you always start the car with
>the throttle partially depressed, so keep you foot of the gas pedal when
>starting.

Is it a stick? My '06 V6 manual does this all the time. With the clutch
out, the RPMs will race up to 2000-2500 even when the engine is warm. I
never start the engine with the gas pedal depressed. If I shut the engine
off and restart, it usually (95% of the time) will go away. The dealer has
been useless saying they cannot reproduce the problem. I heard a rumor
that a tune would make the problem go away, so I bought a X-calibrator II
with custom tunes from Bamachips. Unfortunately, it didn't make a
difference, but I certainly am enjoying the increased performance and the
removal of the throttle lag. Oh well...

>You can recalibrate it by shuting the car off, turn the key on, but not
>start it, wait about 5 seconds, slowly press the gas pedal to the floor,
>release, shut the car off and restart it.
>They say it works, I've tried it and it does seem to help throttle response.

I'll give that a try. Is this supposed to work permanently, or just for
the next start?

Old March 6th 07, 10:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
chris

Its supposed to work permanently, hopefully it will take care of your
problem.