What's the best to hold carb studs in?

Old October 26th 04, 10:23 PM
Jim

On 24-Oct-2004, Jan Andersson > wrote:

> Hey Jim, I might have access to ultrasonic cleaning setup, is it really
> worth it?
> Does it clean teh small passages inside the carb?
>
> Jan

They are magic. I don't know what type you have access to and/or the
chemicals in use on that one. but.. But, we drop a carb (or fuel
injectors, etc.) in ours and they come out like new. Great for cleaning the
small orifrices and internals of the throttle pump etc.

Ours is pretty big, so we can put a full engine case in it. In 5 minutes you
have a new case. Oil galleries are like new.

Jim
SR

Old October 27th 04, 05:55 AM
Jan Andersson

Jim wrote:

> On 24-Oct-2004, Jan Andersson > wrote:
>
> > Hey Jim, I might have access to ultrasonic cleaning setup, is it really
> > worth it?
> > Does it clean teh small passages inside the carb?
> >
> > Jan

> They are magic. I don't know what type you have access to and/or the
> chemicals in use on that one. but.. But, we drop a carb (or fuel
> injectors, etc.) in ours and they come out like new. Great for cleaning the
> small orifrices and internals of the throttle pump etc.
>
> Ours is pretty big, so we can put a full engine case in it. In 5 minutes you
> have a new case. Oil galleries are like new.
>
> Jim
> SR

I could get my hands on a jeweller's ultrasonic cleaner. Quite a bit
smaller

Dirty injectors were what first got me interested in it.

Jan

Weber Carb Phill BMW 0 November 26th 04 12:37 PM
1998 Voyager- Front Wheel Studs Broken Kevin Chrysler 10 November 1st 04 12:03 AM
CB- TYPE 4 replacement carb? scorch VW air cooled 2 October 20th 04 02:11 AM
1949 Chevrolet 3100 Truck - How to Identify Carb Steve Antique cars 4 February 11th 04 12:17 PM