Best place to advertise '94 Ragtop for sale?

Old January 6th 10, 06:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Default Best place to advertise '94 Ragtop for sale?

I'm trying to sell my '94 6 Speed Ragtop.
Is there a consensus on the best place to advertise it?

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/1536689874.html

--
Ric Seyler

Old January 7th 10, 12:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
FeinX_Awl-Mighty

In article >,
Ric Seyler > wrote:

> I'm trying to sell my '94 6 Speed Ragtop.
> Is there a consensus on the best place to advertise it?
>
> http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/1536689874.html

The Corvette forums seem to get some positive response I see
--
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Old January 7th 10, 01:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Ric Seyler" > wrote in message
> I'm trying to sell my '94 6 Speed Ragtop.
> Is there a consensus on the best place to advertise it?
>
> http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/1536689874.html

List it on Ebay with a price way too high to sell - to get exposure.
But give enough contact info so that buyers can call you directly to make
the "real deal".

-W

Old January 7th 10, 02:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Ric Seyler wrote:
> I'm trying to sell my '94 6 Speed Ragtop.
> Is there a consensus on the best place to advertise it?
>
> http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/1536689874.html

---> Check www.autotrader.com for zip code
32501. Listed prices seemed high for the 6 C4s
within a 75 mile circle.

Let's see, a consensus of one is just an
anecdote. Sorry 'bout that. ...Pete
Old January 7th 10, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"pj" > wrote in message

> 32501. Listed prices seemed high for the 6 C4s
> within a 75 mile circle.

I was gonna say it looked a little high myself.
For "whatever reason" C4's seem to pull the least money at this moment in
time.

-W

Old January 7th 10, 01:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 6, 7:59*pm, "Clams Canino" > wrote:
> "Ric Seyler" > wrote in message

> > I'm trying to sell my '94 6 Speed Ragtop.
> > Is there a consensus on the best place to advertise it?

> >http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/1536689874.html

> List it on Ebay with a price way too high to sell - to get exposure.
> But give enough contact info so that buyers can call you directly to make
> the "real deal".
>
> -W

Why wouldnt the Ebay Viewers be turned off of the high advertised
price and not want to pursue it any further ? I think a good
source for advertising is Corvette Trader Magazine / and Online .
Old January 7th 10, 01:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan[_2_]

"Clams Canino" > wrote in message
m...

> "pj" > wrote in message
>
>> 32501. Listed prices seemed high for the 6 C4s
>> within a 75 mile circle.

> I was gonna say it looked a little high myself.
> For "whatever reason" C4's seem to pull the least money at this moment in
> time.

Right now must not be a good time to sell a car. I was watching a whole
series of Mecum auctions on TV a week or so ago and couldn't believe the
bids some really nice cars were getting. Most didn't make the reserve. A
'93 exactly like mine with way fewer miles in really nice shape couldn't
bring $20K.

I got new sunvisors for mine for Christmas.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old January 9th 10, 09:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

" > wrote in message
On Jan 6, 7:59 pm, "Clams Canino" > wrote:

>Why wouldnt the Ebay Viewers be turned off of the high advertised
> price and not want to pursue it any further ?

Because you price it SO high - that anyone but an idiot knows what you are
doing.

-W

Old January 9th 10, 09:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"pj" > wrote in message
> Ric Seyler wrote:
>> I'm trying to sell my '94 6 Speed Ragtop.
>> Is there a consensus on the best place to advertise it?
>>
>> http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/1536689874.html
>>

> ---> Check www.autotrader.com for zip code 32501. Listed prices seemed
> high for the 6 C4s within a 75 mile circle.
>
> Let's see, a consensus of one is just an anecdote. Sorry 'bout that.
> ...Pete

From 31088 -- mid GA. The 100 mile radius which would take in Atlanta seem
to run around 16-17k for coupe with 40-75k miles and then drop belew 10k for
those over 100k. A 93 Conv with 156k was 8900.

Old January 9th 10, 10:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JimH[_3_]

Clams Canino wrote:
> " > wrote in message
> On Jan 6, 7:59 pm, "Clams Canino" > wrote:
>
>> Why wouldnt the Ebay Viewers be turned off of the high advertised
>> price and not want to pursue it any further ?

> Because you price it SO high - that anyone but an idiot knows what you are
> doing.
>
> -W

Well, then call me an idiot, or just an honest man, but I wouldn't have
picked up on this little scam.