I didn't know the gun was loaded ...............

Old December 29th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Steve B

Default I didn't know the gun was loaded ...............

How many people really know the responsibility and liability they hold in
their hands when driving a car?

Or using a gun?

Not a lot, in my experience.

I would actually say that people who own and handle guns have a better grasp
of the parameters of their experience than people who drive cars. You can
be an idiot in a car a lot more times than you can be an idiot with a gun
before something gets messy.

Example:

Look around.

**** poor drivers with the attitude of, "It can't happen to me ......... I'm
a good driver .................. It's the other person who is the problem"
and on and on and on.

Lots of people who are over 16 (an arbitrary age I pulled out of the air for
being the legal age to drive) have no idea what damage they can do when they
turn the key.

Have you ever anesthetized another human being and been in control of their
life? Have you ever lowered four men in a basket over the side of a
drilling rig to the deck of a waiting ship below in stormy conditions? Have
you ever operated a hyperbaric chamber with a person inside, and had the
ability to kill them with a wrong decision?

I have been in two of three of those positions.

Yet, we all have been in the position to hold the butterfly of life in our
fists when we turn on the ignition of a car. And sadly, and maddeningly,
many don't have a clue that they are in that position.

GET OUT OF MY WAY!

I'M LATE!

ME FIRST!

I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!

NOTHING'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

It reminds me of being an immature teenager .............. "What could
happen?" No clue that something could actually happen, or how severe it
could be.

Yet, as we gain life experience, and as we age (unless Darwinism
intervenes), we do find out "what can happen", and that it doesn't always
happen to the other guy.

We just keep going, hoping that one of these clueless uncaring twits doesn't
smash into us and change our lives in a moment of stupidity. Or should I
say because they are stupid and live that way, and don't consider any other
way of living or looking at things?

I didn't know the gun was loaded ....................

The other car got in my way ..........................

Rant off.

Steve

Old December 29th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Someone wrote:
>How many people really know the responsibility and liability they hold in
>their hands when driving a car?

Not many.

>Or using a gun?

Yeah, there's some geniuses there, too.

>Not a lot, in my experience.

As is mine.

>I would actually say that people who own and handle guns have a better grasp
>of the parameters of their experience than people who drive cars. You can
>be an idiot in a car a lot more times than you can be an idiot with a gun
>before something gets messy.

Yeah, but how many people need a gun to go to work or to the grocery
store? You're comparing apples and oranges, and are too stupid to
figure out why you're getting your results in pineapples.

>Example:

Sure, I'll give you one. I was driving home this evening, over the
speed limit, when I noticed a vehicle about a quarter of a mile ahead.
I caught up with it very shortly after my initial observation. The
vehicle was a pick-up, and was driving a little below the speed limit.
By the accounts of the trolls around here, since I was speeding, and
the truck driver was not, I am the dangerous one.

Within two minutes of my catching up to the vehicle, we approached a
reasonably sharp curve. I, in my normal "driving ahead" mode, noticed
(through the trees) the headlights of a vehicle coming around the
curve from the other direction. As soon as I saw the oncoming
(UNEXPECTED) lights, I began to decelerate. For some strange reason,
the speed limit driving truck driver didn't notice the oncoming
vehicle until they were both in the curve, at which time the truck
driver hit his brakes hard because he was on the inside of the curve,
in the oncoming traffic's lane; the oncoming traffic ended up doing a
wee bit of off-roading.

I just sat back and laughed at the dumb ass truck driver. Sure, he was
going the speed limit, but I'll be damned if I would ever consider his
driving to be safe.

>Look around.

I do; it's a necessary component to survival when you're driving.

>**** poor drivers with the attitude of, "It can't happen to me ......... I'm
>a good driver .................. It's the other person who is the problem"
>and on and on and on.

It *can* happen to me, but it's extremely unlikely, considering how
much stupid **** I've already avoided from inept drivers such as
yourself and the truck driver mentioned above.

>Lots of people who are over 16 (an arbitrary age I pulled out of the air for
>being the legal age to drive) have no idea what damage they can do when they
>turn the key.

And they should be immediately removed from the road. Driving is a
serious activity, and is perhaps the most dangerous activity the
majority of the population engages in.

>Have you ever anesthetized another human being and been in control of their
>life? Have you ever lowered four men in a basket over the side of a
>drilling rig to the deck of a waiting ship below in stormy conditions? Have
>you ever operated a hyperbaric chamber with a person inside, and had the
>ability to kill them with a wrong decision?
>
>I have been in two of three of those positions.

Never have anesthetized anyone, but I've cared for epileptics and
provided assistance with autistic children. Not that one can be in
"complete control" of either class of people, but you do have to know
how to care for them in the event they endure a seizure.

Have you ever written a piece of software that could kill someone, and
have your boss want to use it to move him around equipment so he could
inspect it? I have.

>Yet, we all have been in the position to hold the butterfly of life in our
>fists when we turn on the ignition of a car. And sadly, and maddeningly,
>many don't have a clue that they are in that position.
>
>GET OUT OF MY WAY!
>
>I'M LATE!
>
>ME FIRST!
>
>I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!
>
>NOTHING'S GOING TO HAPPEN.
>
>It reminds me of being an immature teenager .............. "What could
>happen?" No clue that something could actually happen, or how severe it
>could be.
>
>Yet, as we gain life experience, and as we age (unless Darwinism
>intervenes), we do find out "what can happen", and that it doesn't always
>happen to the other guy.

You know, I find it interesting that out of all the people in this
group, only the "speed kills" morons exist in the group that have lost
"loved ones" to automobile accidents. Why is that?

>We just keep going, hoping that one of these clueless uncaring twits doesn't
>smash into us and change our lives in a moment of stupidity. Or should I

I don't; I know how to drive defensively. You should study up on it
sometime. It might save your life; it's saved mine on numerous
occasions, and I wouldn't trade the knowledge for the world.

>say because they are stupid and live that way, and don't consider any other
>way of living or looking at things?
>
>I didn't know the gun was loaded ....................
>
>The other car got in my way ..........................
>
>Rant off.

As is your intelligence level. Later loser!

---

Don't steal; the government hates competition!
Old December 29th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Ted Kennedy wrote: <brevity snip>

> I was driving home this evening, over the
> speed limit, when I noticed a vehicle about a quarter of a mile ahead.
> I caught up with it very shortly after my initial observation. The
> vehicle was a pick-up, and was driving a little below the speed limit.
> By the accounts of the trolls around here, since I was speeding, and
> the truck driver was not, I am the dangerous one.
>
> Within two minutes of my catching up to the vehicle, we approached a
> reasonably sharp curve. I, in my normal "driving ahead" mode, noticed
> (through the trees) the headlights of a vehicle coming around the
> curve from the other direction. As soon as I saw the oncoming
> (UNEXPECTED) lights, I began to decelerate. For some strange reason,
> the speed limit driving truck driver didn't notice the oncoming
> vehicle until they were both in the curve, at which time the truck
> driver hit his brakes hard because he was on the inside of the curve,
> in the oncoming traffic's lane; the oncoming traffic ended up doing a
> wee bit of off-roading.

What convenient timing of your example of your exceptional driving
skills! Perhaps you could favor us with some details, you know, while
your memory is so fresh:

Why were oncoming headlights (UNEXPECTED)? That really seems to be an
exceptionally high degree of surprise, with those caps and all.

I'm certain I am not alone in being anxious to learn from your
obviously superior collection of skills and knowledge.

Do you decelerate every time a vehicle approaches from the opposite
direction (or might you be the victim of a headlight phobia)...?

Do you just do that whenever you encounter a driver to your front
operating near the speed limit and are surprised by oncoming
headlights, since operating near the speed limit is such a reliable
indicator that the driver is incompetent and likely to demonstrate just
how incompetent within the next few seconds?

Has anyone ever told you that you are a ****-poor constructor of lies?
Maybe your parent has mentioned it...?
-----

- gpsman

Old December 29th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Someone wrote:
>Ted Kennedy wrote: <brevity snip>
>
>> I was driving home this evening, over the
>> speed limit, when I noticed a vehicle about a quarter of a mile ahead.
>> I caught up with it very shortly after my initial observation. The
>> vehicle was a pick-up, and was driving a little below the speed limit.
>> By the accounts of the trolls around here, since I was speeding, and
>> the truck driver was not, I am the dangerous one.
>>
>> Within two minutes of my catching up to the vehicle, we approached a
>> reasonably sharp curve. I, in my normal "driving ahead" mode, noticed
>> (through the trees) the headlights of a vehicle coming around the
>> curve from the other direction. As soon as I saw the oncoming
>> (UNEXPECTED) lights, I began to decelerate. For some strange reason,
>> the speed limit driving truck driver didn't notice the oncoming
>> vehicle until they were both in the curve, at which time the truck
>> driver hit his brakes hard because he was on the inside of the curve,
>> in the oncoming traffic's lane; the oncoming traffic ended up doing a
>> wee bit of off-roading.

>What convenient timing of your example of your exceptional driving
>skills! Perhaps you could favor us with some details, you know, while
>your memory is so fresh:

It was convenient timing, indeed! This happened within a mile or so of
the house, so after the incident, I arrived at home, fed the dog,
refreshed headers, and saw that I had the wonderful opportunity to
share my experience with you guys.

>Why were oncoming headlights (UNEXPECTED)? That really seems to be an
>exceptionally high degree of surprise, with those caps and all.

They would have been had one of your fellow trolls, Mr. Taylor, had
encountered them. I'm smart enough to realize that headlights are
usually attached to cars.

>I'm certain I am not alone in being anxious to learn from your
>obviously superior collection of skills and knowledge.

It's really quite simple (which, in part, explains why it's way over
your head): pay attention. I identified an oncoming vehicle before the
driver in front me did. I guess the retard driving the truck is one of
those morons who thinks "safe" == "legal",

>Do you decelerate every time a vehicle approaches from the opposite
>direction (or might you be the victim of a headlight phobia)...?

Only when I get the feeling that the situation could turn nasty,
which, considering the truck driver ran the other driver off the road,
it could have been. Threat assessment; learn it, live it, love it.

>Do you just do that whenever you encounter a driver to your front
>operating near the speed limit and are surprised by oncoming
>headlights, since operating near the speed limit is such a reliable
>indicator that the driver is incompetent and likely to demonstrate just
>how incompetent within the next few seconds?

I don't always slow down when I encounter oncoming traffic, regardless
of my position in a given line of traffic. I ALWAYS slow down when I
perceive a situation to potentially lead to an accident, as I did on
the way home this evening.

>Has anyone ever told you that you are a ****-poor constructor of lies?

Nope.

>Maybe your parent has mentioned it...?

Actually, what my parents have both mentioned, independently, is that
I'm the most honest person they know. That's kind of an odd situation
to be in, though, as while I haven't lied very much in my lifetime,
the people I lied to most were my parents. But it was rare. I realized
at a very early age that dishonesty isn't worth the effort.

---

Don't steal; the government hates competition!
Old December 29th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Steve B wrote:
> How many people really know the responsibility and liability they hold in
> their hands when driving a car?
>
> Or using a gun?
>
> Not a lot, in my experience.
>
> I would actually say that people who own and handle guns have a better grasp
> of the parameters of their experience than people who drive cars. You can
> be an idiot in a car a lot more times than you can be an idiot with a gun
> before something gets messy.

It's not stupidity, it's psychopathy. People like cars precisely
because it enables them to kill innocent people and get away with it.
Like Laura Bush did.

Old December 29th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Someone wrote:

>Steve B wrote:
>> How many people really know the responsibility and liability they hold in
>> their hands when driving a car?
>>
>> Or using a gun?
>>
>> Not a lot, in my experience.
>>
>> I would actually say that people who own and handle guns have a better grasp
>> of the parameters of their experience than people who drive cars. You can
>> be an idiot in a car a lot more times than you can be an idiot with a gun
>> before something gets messy.

>It's not stupidity, it's psychopathy. People like cars precisely
>because it enables them to kill innocent people and get away with it.
>Like Laura Bush did.

Or because they can hope in their cars, get wasted, and start driving.
Just ask a Kennedy.

---

Don't steal; the government hates competition!
Old December 29th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
gpsman

Ted Kennedy wrote: <brevity snip>
> Someone wrote:
> >Ted Kennedy wrote: <brevity snip>
> >
> >> I was driving home this evening, over the
> >> speed limit, when I noticed a vehicle about a quarter of a mile ahead.
> >> I caught up with it very shortly after my initial observation. The
> >> vehicle was a pick-up, and was driving a little below the speed limit.
> >> By the accounts of the trolls around here, since I was speeding, and
> >> the truck driver was not, I am the dangerous one.
> >>
> >> Within two minutes of my catching up to the vehicle, we approached a
> >> reasonably sharp curve. I, in my normal "driving ahead" mode, noticed
> >> (through the trees) the headlights of a vehicle coming around the
> >> curve from the other direction. As soon as I saw the oncoming
> >> (UNEXPECTED) lights, I began to decelerate. For some strange reason,
> >> the speed limit driving truck driver didn't notice the oncoming
> >> vehicle until they were both in the curve, at which time the truck
> >> driver hit his brakes hard because he was on the inside of the curve,
> >> in the oncoming traffic's lane; the oncoming traffic ended up doing a
> >> wee bit of off-roading.

> >What convenient timing of your example of your exceptional driving
> >skills! Perhaps you could favor us with some details, you know, while
> >your memory is so fresh:

> It was convenient timing, indeed! This happened within a mile or so of
> the house, so after the incident, I arrived at home, fed the dog,
> refreshed headers, and saw that I had the wonderful opportunity to
> share my experience with you guys.
>
> >Why were oncoming headlights (UNEXPECTED)? That really seems to be an
> >exceptionally high degree of surprise, with those caps and all.

> They would have been had one of your fellow trolls, Mr. Taylor, had
> encountered them. I'm smart enough to realize that headlights are
> usually attached to cars.

So... you were surprised that a -car- approached from the opposite
direction...?

OK. WHY were you surprised that -a car- approached from the opposite
direction?

> >I'm certain I am not alone in being anxious to learn from your
> >obviously superior collection of skills and knowledge.

> It's really quite simple (which, in part, explains why it's way over
> your head): pay attention. I identified an oncoming vehicle before the
> driver in front me did. I guess the retard driving the truck is one of
> those morons who thinks "safe" == "legal",

Ad hominum, quite the effective argument.

But that doesn't delve quite as deeply as I had hoped. I had hoped you
might share how and why oncoming traffic was such a surprise. Now, I
wish you would explain how you discerned that you identified the
oncoming vehicle before the driver to your front. It's ESP, ain't it?
Boy, I wish I had it...

> >Do you decelerate every time a vehicle approaches from the opposite
> >direction (or might you be the victim of a headlight phobia)...?

> Only when I get the feeling that the situation could turn nasty,
> which, considering the truck driver ran the other driver off the road,
> it could have been. Threat assessment; learn it, live it, love it.

Wow! You sure are smart! What leads to "the feeling that the
situation could turn nasty"? Is it the surprise headlights suddenly
appearing, off in the distance, through the trees, before the curve,
and knowing that you saw them first?

> >Do you just do that whenever you encounter a driver to your front
> >operating near the speed limit and are surprised by oncoming
> >headlights, since operating near the speed limit is such a reliable
> >indicator that the driver is incompetent and likely to demonstrate just
> >how incompetent within the next few seconds?

> I don't always slow down when I encounter oncoming traffic, regardless
> of my position in a given line of traffic. I ALWAYS slow down when I
> perceive a situation to potentially lead to an accident, as I did on
> the way home this evening.

But... HOW did you perceive that situation developing long before the
other vehicles even approached the curve?

> >Has anyone ever told you that you are a ****-poor constructor of lies?

> Nope.
>
> >Maybe your parent has mentioned it...?

> Actually, what my parents have both mentioned, independently, is that
> I'm the most honest person they know.

So, your parents are idiots and tend to know the poorest liars on the
planet, but among those, you're the best?

Ok, now I've got -that-... thank you for your patience.

BUHWAHAhahahaha...!
-----

- gpsman

Old December 29th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks

Someone wrote:
>Ted Kennedy wrote: <brevity snip>
>> Someone wrote:
>> >Ted Kennedy wrote: <brevity snip>

>> >What convenient timing of your example of your exceptional driving
>> >skills! Perhaps you could favor us with some details, you know, while
>> >your memory is so fresh:

>> It was convenient timing, indeed! This happened within a mile or so of
>> the house, so after the incident, I arrived at home, fed the dog,
>> refreshed headers, and saw that I had the wonderful opportunity to
>> share my experience with you guys.
>>
>> >Why were oncoming headlights (UNEXPECTED)? That really seems to be an
>> >exceptionally high degree of surprise, with those caps and all.

>> They would have been had one of your fellow trolls, Mr. Taylor, had
>> encountered them. I'm smart enough to realize that headlights are
>> usually attached to cars.

>So... you were surprised that a -car- approached from the opposite
>direction...?

No, I wasn't. Where did I write that I was surprised?

>OK. WHY were you surprised that -a car- approached from the opposite
>direction?

I wasn't surprised. Your inability to read is not a failure on my
part.

>> >I'm certain I am not alone in being anxious to learn from your
>> >obviously superior collection of skills and knowledge.

>> It's really quite simple (which, in part, explains why it's way over
>> your head): pay attention. I identified an oncoming vehicle before the
>> driver in front me did. I guess the retard driving the truck is one of
>> those morons who thinks "safe" == "legal",

>Ad hominum, quite the effective argument.

Works for me. Keeps me from getting involved in accidents.

>But that doesn't delve quite as deeply as I had hoped. I had hoped you
>might share how and why oncoming traffic was such a surprise. Now, I

It wasn't a surprise. Show me where I said it was

>wish you would explain how you discerned that you identified the
>oncoming vehicle before the driver to your front. It's ESP, ain't it?
>Boy, I wish I had it...

Hell, you'd be lucky if you had the ability to read at a third grade
level. I think ESP is far beyond your grasp.

>> >Do you decelerate every time a vehicle approaches from the opposite
>> >direction (or might you be the victim of a headlight phobia)...?

>> Only when I get the feeling that the situation could turn nasty,
>> which, considering the truck driver ran the other driver off the road,
>> it could have been. Threat assessment; learn it, live it, love it.

>Wow! You sure are smart! What leads to "the feeling that the
>situation could turn nasty"? Is it the surprise headlights suddenly
>appearing, off in the distance, through the trees, before the curve,
>and knowing that you saw them first?

Foremost, I wasn't surprised by the headlights, but I observed the
driver in front me was. That's one of the benefits of proper driving.
Perhaps if you learned to read, your ignorance wouldn't be so high.

>> >Do you just do that whenever you encounter a driver to your front
>> >operating near the speed limit and are surprised by oncoming
>> >headlights, since operating near the speed limit is such a reliable
>> >indicator that the driver is incompetent and likely to demonstrate just
>> >how incompetent within the next few seconds?

>> I don't always slow down when I encounter oncoming traffic, regardless
>> of my position in a given line of traffic. I ALWAYS slow down when I
>> perceive a situation to potentially lead to an accident, as I did on
>> the way home this evening.

>But... HOW did you perceive that situation developing long before the
>other vehicles even approached the curve?

As I've said in this group time and time again, driving ahead. An
observant driver is going to recognize "threats" long before an
incompetent one will. That's why I was able to recognize the oncoming
vehicle before the driver of the pick-up truck, who, incidently, was
going the speed limit and did manage to run the oncoming vehicle off
the road due to his ineptitude.

>> >Has anyone ever told you that you are a ****-poor constructor of lies?

>> Nope.
>>
>> >Maybe your parent has mentioned it...?

>> Actually, what my parents have both mentioned, independently, is that
>> I'm the most honest person they know.

>So, your parents are idiots and tend to know the poorest liars on the
>planet, but among those, you're the best?
>
>Ok, now I've got -that-... thank you for your patience.

I answered your questions truthfully; I'm sorry you don't like the
answers. Now be a good little boy and go bury your head in the sand
with your pals Carl and SADDAM; ya'll make a cute trio.

---

Don't steal; the government hates competition!
Old December 29th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Steve B

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message ups.com...

> Steve B wrote:
>> How many people really know the responsibility and liability they hold in
>> their hands when driving a car?
>>
>> Or using a gun?
>>
>> Not a lot, in my experience.
>>
>> I would actually say that people who own and handle guns have a better
>> grasp
>> of the parameters of their experience than people who drive cars. You
>> can
>> be an idiot in a car a lot more times than you can be an idiot with a gun
>> before something gets messy.

> It's not stupidity, it's psychopathy. People like cars precisely
> because it enables them to kill innocent people and get away with it.
> Like Laura Bush did.

................... yawn ....................

Old December 29th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks

Someone wrote:
>> >Why were oncoming headlights (UNEXPECTED)? That really seems to be an
>> >exceptionally high degree of surprise, with those caps and all.

>> They would have been had one of your fellow trolls, Mr. Taylor, had
>> encountered them. I'm smart enough to realize that headlights are
>> usually attached to cars.

>So... you were surprised that a -car- approached from the opposite
>direction...?

Hey GPSman,

I see how you could be so easily confused, now. I wasn't surprised by
the oncoming headlights. The reason I emphasized (UNEXPECTED) is
because that's a favorite term of another of those "legal" -- "safe"
morons who post in this group, Carl Taylor. Sorry the sarcasm was lost
on you, retard.

By the way, enjoying life at the fry vat, loser?

---

My book on pointers was delivered to the wrong address.