The most weird aspect of the Mel Gibson DUI case

Old August 1st 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

Default The most weird aspect of the Mel Gibson DUI case

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:24:33 -0500, "Cliff and Linda Griffith"
> wrote:

> I alsways kinda liked Mel, because he had so many children and went to
>Daily Mass. I had heard that his father was a weirdo when it came to the
>Holocaust, but I thought, "That's not Mel; its just his father." Now I'm
>questioning his core beliefs. As some recovering alcoholics have said on
>this newsgroup, one doesn't say what he doesn't mean, while drunk. They put
>forth their actual beliefs. I hate to hear that about Mel Gibson; but that
>will now be a part of my belief, having heard it here.
>
>Linda

What did mel say that was so bad?. If he had said muslims start all
the wars, would you have objected? This taboo against criticising
Israel or jews while all other religions are fair game is just
another form of bigotry

Old August 1st 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver any clue to the following address: laura bush - VEHICULAR
HOMICIDE >

>What did mel say that was so bad?. If he had said muslims start all
>the wars, would you have objected? This taboo against criticising
>Israel or jews while all other religions are fair game is just
>another form of bigotry

Claims the queer of hypocrisy. ROTFLMAO.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old August 1st 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GK

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

> On 29 Jul 2006 23:15:49 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:
>

>>is that Gibson choose to drive a (relatively) crappy Lexus SUV instead
>>of a Porsche or BMW
>>or Mercedes SUV.

> What's weird is that a guy who was charged with both DUI and doing 87
> in a 45 was let out on bail. If the charges are true then he is a
> deadly psychopath.

Shouldn't be any bail because there shouldn't be any charges.
I didn't see him do anything wrong.

I guess the cops needed some income and/or the news media needed some
material.

GK
Old August 1st 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:31:45 GMT, GK >
wrote:

>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jul 2006 23:15:49 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:
>>

>>>is that Gibson choose to drive a (relatively) crappy Lexus SUV instead
>>>of a Porsche or BMW
>>>or Mercedes SUV.

>> What's weird is that a guy who was charged with both DUI and doing 87
>> in a 45 was let out on bail. If the charges are true then he is a
>> deadly psychopath.
>>

>Shouldn't be any bail because there shouldn't be any charges.
>I didn't see him do anything wrong.

You have just been unanimously elected into the Criminal Coddler Hall
of Fame.
Old August 2nd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GK

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:31:45 GMT, GK >
> wrote:
>

>>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

>>>What's weird is that a guy who was charged with both DUI and doing 87
>>>in a 45 was let out on bail. If the charges are true then he is a
>>>deadly psychopath.
>>>

>>Shouldn't be any bail because there shouldn't be any charges.
>>I didn't see him do anything wrong.

> You have just been unanimously elected into the Criminal Coddler Hall
> of Fame.

Oh thank you. When and where is the induction ceremony?

BTW, most of the time there's no such thing as a criminal, just someone
who is judged politically incorrect.
GK
Old August 2nd 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.usenet.kooks
I am a MO

--
I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and

A Guthrie

Go **** your cat in the ass.

Old August 2nd 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I-49

"GK" > wrote in message
> laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:31:45 GMT, GK >
>> wrote:

>>>Shouldn't be any bail because there shouldn't be any charges.
>>>I didn't see him do anything wrong.

>> You have just been unanimously elected into the Criminal Coddler Hall
>> of Fame.

> Oh thank you. When and where is the induction ceremony?
>
> BTW, most of the time there's no such thing as a criminal, just someone
> who is judged politically incorrect.

So Ken Lay was no criminal, merely politically incorrect? What about Saddam
Hussein? What about Stalin?

Old August 3rd 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GK

I-49 wrote:

> "GK" > wrote in message
>
>>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

>>>You have just been unanimously elected into the Criminal Coddler Hall
>>>of Fame.

>>Oh thank you. When and where is the induction ceremony?
>>
>>BTW, most of the time there's no such thing as a criminal, just someone
>>who is judged politically incorrect.

> So Ken Lay was no criminal, merely politically incorrect? What about Saddam
> Hussein? What about Stalin?

Exactly correct, now you have it.
The latter two of these where in their own country doing their own thing
which we really had no right to point fingers at or interfere, even
though you and I may disagree with them.

Ken Lay did absolutely positively nothing wrong. Many other CEO's are
hard at work doing the same exact thing and well respected for it.
Nobody is out there to guarantee stock market speculators a profit. You
roll the dice, you take your chances. Otherwise work like the rest of us
and quit whining if you lose money on the market.

GK
Old August 3rd 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Free Lunch

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 01:34:34 GMT, in misc.transport.road
GK > wrote in
<KocAg.2288$nU1.2261@trndny03>:
>I-49 wrote:
>
>> "GK" > wrote in message

>>>Oh thank you. When and where is the induction ceremony?
>>>
>>>BTW, most of the time there's no such thing as a criminal, just someone
>>>who is judged politically incorrect.

>> So Ken Lay was no criminal, merely politically incorrect? What about Saddam
>> Hussein? What about Stalin?
>>

>Exactly correct, now you have it.
>The latter two of these where in their own country doing their own thing
>which we really had no right to point fingers at or interfere, even
>though you and I may disagree with them.
>
>Ken Lay did absolutely positively nothing wrong.

He. Was. A. Thief.

>Many other CEO's are
>hard at work doing the same exact thing and well respected for it.

Then they are thieves, too.

>Nobody is out there to guarantee stock market speculators a profit. You
>roll the dice, you take your chances. Otherwise work like the rest of us
>and quit whining if you lose money on the market.

Kenny Boy was running a crooked table.
Old August 3rd 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Bo Raxo[_1_]

So an Australian guy turned out to be a mean drunk.

Wow, I'm shocked. Shocked!

There is one interesting angle I saw in the coverage. The early
stories had the arresting officer saying Gibson's
I-own-Malibu-I'll-get-even-wth-you rant made him feel "frightened" -
his word. Prompting him to radio ahead and have others waiting to meet
him.

Now I wouldn't blame him a bit. Somebody worth, oh, probably a couple
of hundred million dollars threatens you, take it seriously. The guy
could pay ten million bucks to kill you, kill the guy that killed you,
and laugh off the cost. It's worth thinking about.

But a few days later, I see the cop quoted as saying it was just the
booze talking, he didn't take it seriously, etc. Did he get ribbed by
others? Did he just change his mind? Were the first words aimed at an
eventual lawsuit against Gibson?

Don't know, but it's an interesting shift. Of course, these are
selective quotes we see, he could have said both things in the same
breath. But they strike me as contradictory, and a change in his
story.

Anyway, that's the one interesting thing I see coming out of the story.
The rest is just pathetic: that he believes such crap, that he would
try and pretend that the stuff he said just tumbled out at random and
didn't reflect any inner thoughts, that he could just make a vague
apology and not address the anti-semitism head on.

There still is a streak of anti-Semitism in the U.S., maybe this will
spur a discussion on it. It's not as bad as many other ethnic
prejudices, but then they are all of the same stripe, really.

And no, commenting on the Australian drinking culture is not the same
thing as saying Jews started all the wars. But I know some moron won't
see the difference.

Bo Raxo