Alfa returns to the USA

Old July 26th 06, 02:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
alfistagj

Default Alfa returns to the USA

After many months of speculations, the descision has been made !!
Alfa Romeo will retunr to the USA market has been confirmed by Alfa Romeo
Italy.
Starting 2009 (!) Afla will attack the USA with 3 modells, the 159, Brera
and Spider; all three with a GTA version as top modell (!!).
Specially the expectations for the Spider are high.
eturn to the USA will coinside with Alfa's 100th anniversary.
Sales through the Maserati dealerships. (for a start)
--
Ciao from The Netherlands
alfistagj (aka Gert-Jan)

Old July 26th 06, 09:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
George Graves

In article >,
"alfistagj" > wrote:

> After many months of speculations, the descision has been made !!
> Alfa Romeo will retunr to the USA market has been confirmed by Alfa Romeo
> Italy.
> Starting 2009 (!) Afla will attack the USA with 3 modells, the 159, Brera
> and Spider; all three with a GTA version as top modell (!!).
> Specially the expectations for the Spider are high.
> eturn to the USA will coinside with Alfa's 100th anniversary.
> Sales through the Maserati dealerships. (for a start)

I'll believe it when I see it, but you obviously haven't heard the
latest. In late 2008, US Maserati dealers (all 47 of them) will start
selling the fabulously expensive (US$200K?) Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
coupe, to be followed a few months later by the 8C Spider. Alfa says
that they plan on selling 500 of each in the USA. Just three months ago,
Alfa announced that 1) they would return in late 2007 with the Brera
Coupe, Spider and 159 Saloon, and 2) that they would NOT be selling the
8C in this country at all.

They have pushed the debut date for the return of the marque to the USA
back so many times, that now most Alfisti here just yawn at each new
announcement because on this subject, they have no credibility. Lets
look at the record. in 1998 Alfa announced a comeback to the US market.
They initially set 2000 as the year. As Y2K approached, they pushed it
back to 2003. Seems that parent Fiat was in some financial difficulties
and couldn't afford to expand at that time. Then in 2002, they rolled
the debut bac once again to 2005 and said that the cars would be sold by
General Motors through the latter's Saab dealerships. When the GM deal
fell through, they rolled the date back again to late 2006. Then they
moved it to late 2007 earlier this year and this was to be FOR SURE. Now
they're saying late 2009 as 2010 models (to coincide with Alfa Romeo's
100th birthday) for their "affordable" models with the high-end 8Cs
coming a bit sooner. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Alfa Romeo
EVER returns to the North American market.

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men
Old July 28th 06, 07:44 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
RPichler

"George Graves" > wrote in message news:gmgraves-

> I'll believe it when I see it, but you obviously haven't heard the
> latest. In late 2008, US Maserati dealers (all 47 of them) will start
> selling the fabulously expensive (US$200K?) Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
> coupe, to be followed a few months later by the 8C Spider. Alfa says
> that they plan on selling 500 of each in the USA. Just three months ago,
> Alfa announced that 1) they would return in late 2007 with the Brera
> Coupe, Spider and 159 Saloon, and 2) that they would NOT be selling the
> 8C in this country at all.
>
> They have pushed the debut date for the return of the marque to the USA
> back so many times, that now most Alfisti here just yawn at each new
> announcement because on this subject, they have no credibility. Lets
> look at the record. in 1998 Alfa announced a comeback to the US market.
> They initially set 2000 as the year. As Y2K approached, they pushed it
> back to 2003. Seems that parent Fiat was in some financial difficulties

> --
> George Graves
> The health of our society is a direct result of the men
> and women we choose to admire.

Well, I read an interview with mr. Marchionne in Quattroruote and the plan
is to comeback to USA in the 2007 with the 159, 159 SW, Brera, Spider and
part of the 500 8c Competizione. It will be placed in the Maserati
showrooms. I belive it will be the exact date. They are now out of financial
problems and they are hugely popular in the whole Europe.

Robert

Old July 28th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
George Graves

In article >,
"RPichler" > wrote:

> "George Graves" > wrote in message news:gmgraves-
> >
> > I'll believe it when I see it, but you obviously haven't heard the
> > latest. In late 2008, US Maserati dealers (all 47 of them) will start
> > selling the fabulously expensive (US$200K?) Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
> > coupe, to be followed a few months later by the 8C Spider. Alfa says
> > that they plan on selling 500 of each in the USA. Just three months ago,
> > Alfa announced that 1) they would return in late 2007 with the Brera
> > Coupe, Spider and 159 Saloon, and 2) that they would NOT be selling the
> > 8C in this country at all.
> >
> > They have pushed the debut date for the return of the marque to the USA
> > back so many times, that now most Alfisti here just yawn at each new
> > announcement because on this subject, they have no credibility. Lets
> > look at the record. in 1998 Alfa announced a comeback to the US market.
> > They initially set 2000 as the year. As Y2K approached, they pushed it
> > back to 2003. Seems that parent Fiat was in some financial difficulties

> > --
> > George Graves
> > The health of our society is a direct result of the men
> > and women we choose to admire.

> Well, I read an interview with mr. Marchionne in Quattroruote and the plan
> is to comeback to USA in the 2007 with the 159, 159 SW, Brera, Spider and
> part of the 500 8c Competizione. It will be placed in the Maserati
> showrooms. I belive it will be the exact date. They are now out of financial
> problems and they are hugely popular in the whole Europe.
>
> Robert

That's been pushed back to 2010 since that interview appeared.