Starforce again

Old January 11th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Starforce again

XP/XP Dualboot with a seperate gaming/simming partition will limmit the
sideeffects of Starforce. Tripple boot would probably be best. Productivity,
gaming/simming and gaming/simming with SF.

Jone T.

Old January 11th 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

In article >, "Jone T." <jone> says...

> XP/XP Dualboot with a seperate gaming/simming partition will limmit the
> sideeffects of Starforce. Tripple boot would probably be best. Productivity,
> gaming/simming and gaming/simming with SF.
>
> Jone T.

Starting with Vista, you will no longer have the ability to boot
multiple OS's from the same hard drive (or system?) that contains Vista.
Old January 11th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Damn, I think I might have this problem with my cd burner. I just bought
some cd-r's from newegg and they were 48x but only would burn at 32x, could
this be the cause? GTR is the only starforce protected game I own, is there
a fix or a way to bypass it?

Old January 11th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Easy enough to test... Just remove the SF drivers from your pc (using
the Starforce Removal Tool - available on the Starforce website). Then
see if your CDs burn at 48x. I'd recommend a system boot after
uninstalling

Next time you start GTR, the Starforce drivers will be automatically
re-installed (you will know it when you are asked to reboot your
machine before GTR will play).

If you find that Starforce IS the culprit, it's up to you whether or
not GTR is worth the SF hassle(s).

Old January 11th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Well now. That sucks.

I suspect that's a side-effect of the image-installation process it will
have.

-Larry

Old January 14th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Easy enough to test... Just remove the SF drivers from your pc (using
> the Starforce Removal Tool - available on the Starforce website). Then
> see if your CDs burn at 48x. I'd recommend a system boot after
> uninstalling
>
> Next time you start GTR, the Starforce drivers will be automatically
> re-installed (you will know it when you are asked to reboot your
> machine before GTR will play).
>
> If you find that Starforce IS the culprit, it's up to you whether or
> not GTR is worth the SF hassle(s).

Made no difference, must be bad cd-r's.. I wonder what the Texas AG would
think of Star-force.

Old January 14th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>I assume they've also gotten rid of the possibility to boot off a CD /
>DVD, network PROM or floppy then? Oh wait, that's a BIOS feature, I
>wonder if they'll pressure BIOS makers into removing that feature in the
>name of "security", too. ;-)
>
>All the best, uwe

Your sarcasm is not lost on me Uwe, but your assumption is correct.
Google "trusted platform module" or "palladium BIOS". Whether any of
it becomes accepted/mainstream to the point of "their" intent remains
to be seen. But make no mistake, the intent exists, as do the efforts
to fulfill that intent.

This progresses as per some entities' plans, and Orwell could be
proven correct in "1984", save for the title.

/tinfoil hat off

....but just within reach here on my desk, along with my favorite Linux
distros.

Have a great day,

Brett

GTR and Starforce Engineer Simulators 87 January 17th 06 07:51 PM
Starforce again mike Simulators 0 January 11th 06 04:15 AM
SO, GTL? Starforce cause hard reboots? Sting32 Simulators 30 August 22nd 05 09:59 AM
Boycott Starforce reggie white Simulators 8 August 20th 05 05:50 AM
Starforce Mike Beauchamp Simulators 1 October 17th 04 11:55 PM