GN70 Mod is Out

Old November 19th 05, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GN70 Mod is Out

The Pits has finally released the 1970 Grand National mod for NR3K3.

http://theuspits.com
Old November 19th 05, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Wow! I've got used to amazing mods but horseracing!! Can't wait to try the
Aintree track, Beecher's Brook, the Chair...

I've got it wrong, haven't I?

Old November 19th 05, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Yes, I picked this up late last night and didn't go to bed until after 1:30
this morning!
An excellent mod which made me reinstall N2003.
I spent several hours racing the AI at Riverside, Bridgehampton, Daytona
1970...............fabulous!

Thanks, The Pits, and a very Happy 10th. Birthday to you all.

Bruce.

Old November 19th 05, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Site unavailable. Somebody restart the hamster!!! :>

Old November 19th 05, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

In article >, says...
> Site unavailable. Somebody restart the hamster!!! :>
>

> "John Simmons" > wrote in message
> > The Pits has finally released the 1970 Grand National mod for NR3K3.

http://theuspits.com

Their web host stops all access to the site once their bandwidth has
been exceeded. Looks like it happened sometime this morning.
Old November 19th 05, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

There were other mirors available last I checked.

Old November 20th 05, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Brian Tate wrote:

> Site unavailable. Somebody restart the hamster!!! :>
>
> "John Simmons" > wrote in message
> > The Pits has finally released the 1970 Grand National mod for NR3K3.
> >
> > http://theuspits.com

www.tptcc.com

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy

"When two or more people are gathered together in my name,
they shall perform the Parrot Sketch..."

--Our Lord John Cleese--
Old November 20th 05, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Goy I've also mirrored the files at http://www.gmss.org. If you want to add
it to the listing @ tptcc or not is up to you.

Mike Horton

Old November 20th 05, 07:40 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

If anyone is the slightest bit interested, I have created the 48-event .INI
season file for 1970.
Some tracks are either not obtainable (to my knowledge, after several
searches) and I have, therefore, substituted my own stand-ins.
I have included the information as to the veracity of the track being used
for each of the 48 events, as per the following examples..............
==============================

[ Event7 ]
day = 15 ; Day of the event [1-31]
month = 3 ; Month of the event [1-12]
name = Savannah 200 ; Name of the event
numberOfLaps = 80 ; Number of laps for the race
session
trackDirectory = ontario ; Directory for the track data - actual Savannah
startingGrid = 1 ; Starting grid: grid_2x2_InLinePoleOnLeft

[ Event8 ]
day = 29 ; Day of the event [1-31]
month = 3 ; Month of the event [1-12]
name = Atlanta 500 ; Name of the event
numberOfLaps = 325 ; Number of laps for the race
session
trackDirectory = atlanta ; Directory for the track data -
actual Atlanta
startingGrid = 1 ; Starting grid: grid_2x2_InLinePoleOnLeft

It took me a couple of hours to create it, downloading tracks, obtaining
race-date and track info and getting the race lengths correct in each case.
As the TXT file is only 21Kb in size and if anyone would like it....in order
to save creating your own....just email me.

That was certainly a bloody long season back in those days....started on
January 18th. and finished on 22nd. November!!

Old November 20th 05, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

John Simmons wrote:
> The Pits has finally released the 1970 Grand National mod for NR3K3.
>
> http://theuspits.com

Anyone else get a major frame rate hit using this mod? It is around
20-30 les fps than the other mods. (Cup, BGN, CTS, etc.)

Thanks,

Kerry