Just how many online sim mods are out there now?

Old November 16th 05, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Just how many online sim mods are out there now?

We were moaning the dilution of the sim community a few days ago in our
little corner of it (GPL FV) and we were trying to count all the
"current" sims and their mods. Forget about any of the previous
generations before the current ones (like NR3), or mods that have been
superseeded by later versions of the same mod ie GTP 1.0 vs GTP 1.1
but just the current crop:

I count 9 variations on NR2003:

Busch, Truck, Iroc,TPTCC,PWF transam,Ferrari P330,AD67,GTP,Areo88? I'm
sure I'm missing some.
Not to mention 1st/iracing.

GPL has 3 distinct classes before GEM added FD, FV and F?
Multiply that by F65 and soon F69 and maybe even CanAm

LFS has what 8 -10 distinct types of cars?

GT Legends has half a dozen?

Netkar?

And I frankly never did undstand the parentage (incest?) amongst:
rfactor, GTR, F1C but they likely adds a LOT more,
and then there's online rally games (seems like an oxymorn to me).

What am I forgetting?

Don't get me wrong, I'm greatfull to all the people who released these
tittles and mods, and I'm not suggesting a monopoly or that everybody
should switch to <insert biased pick here> but maybe we've got too much
of a good thing?

No wonder it's hard to find a decent size grid in your particular
favourite anymore.

End rant.

Old November 17th 05, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

mcewena wrote:

> Busch, Truck, Iroc,TPTCC,PWF transam,Ferrari P330,AD67,GTP,Areo88? I'm
> sure I'm missing some.
> Not to mention 1st/iracing.

I have the Modified beta (hope it gets completed as I love that series),
and the Late Model mod. Both are interesting to play around with. My
best experience with the latter has been with BristolBR. The down side
is if you run the full field, your fps will probably suffer.

-Will
Old November 18th 05, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Well, I want to add to the NR03 list of mods, hehehe

there is a mod for "late models" and then 2 open wheels mods, 1 is 'indy/f1'
ish cars, plus I see at OWR they have Sprint cars... Grin! but F1RST has
once again attacked with the lawyers... you'd think they need the Cash for
developement, but No, they rather funnel the goddam money into the lawyers
pockets... I shoulda been a lawyer, jeebus.
mcewena enlightened us with:

Old November 19th 05, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Mod List - ( noT complete )
PWF - Bgn
PWF - CTS
PWF - IROC
PWF - TPTCC
AD67
AERO88
ARCA / REMAX
ASA
ASRGV8
Late Model V1 and V2
Economy Stock Car V8
OWR V1 and V2
OWR Sprint Cars
Bronte Topless
IMCA Modified ( colby jacks )
NR2005
TVC Dirt series Car and Truck
PTA
Ferrari 330
GTP V1 and V2
Kids Mod
AussieV8
In the works: 70's mod and whelen modifieds
Go-Cart mod - never released. Only a small race league has it and I lost
it..grrrr

Old November 19th 05, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"vze1pgsd" > wrote in news:Phuff.72$PC2.34
@trnddc03:

> Mod List - ( noT complete )
> PWF - Bgn
> PWF - CTS
> PWF - IROC
> PWF - TPTCC
> AD67

One slight correction The last PWF mod should be called the TA or T/A
mod.
The TPTCC mod was made not by PWF but by theUSPITS.com. Both shared the
same Papyrus TA physics but had different graphics, sounds, and pov.
The AD67 mod was a replacement for the 330 mod which had unique physics but
due to FirstRAcing/iRacing, the new version had to make due with the same
TA physics.

dave henrie