The shocking truth about electric cars

Old September 1st 11, 03:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
J R[_2_]

Default The shocking truth about electric cars

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=312840

We aren't ready for electric cars yet.
cuhulin

Old September 2nd 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ben91932

On Sep 1, 7:00*am, (J R) wrote:
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=312840
>
> We aren't ready for electric cars yet.
> cuhulin

I read the 'article'
Like everything else on liberty post its right wing hogwash.
Not a bit of truth in it.
Old September 3rd 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J R[_2_]

hehe,,,,,
cuhulin

Old September 3rd 11, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

ben91932 > wrote in news:6167a73e-07e8-4689-bd47-
:

> On Sep 1, 7:00*am, (J R) wrote:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=312840

>> We aren't ready for electric cars yet.
>> cuhulin

> I read the 'article'
> Like everything else on liberty post its right wing hogwash.
> Not a bit of truth in it.

Then it must be full of errors or lies.

Please tell us what statements in that article are erroneous or false.

--
Tegger
Old September 3rd 11, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hachiroku

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:42:02 -0700, ben91932 wrote:

> On Sep 1, 7:00*am, (J R) wrote:
>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=312840
>>
>> We aren't ready for electric cars yet.
>> cuhulin

> I read the 'article'
> Like everything else on liberty post its right wing hogwash.
> Not a bit of truth in it.

Yeah, take a Prius apart wrong and if you live, tell us all about it...

Old September 3rd 11, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 09/02/2011 07:24 PM, hachiroku wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:42:02 -0700, ben91932 wrote:
>
>> On Sep 1, 7:00�am, (J R) wrote:
>>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=312840
>>>
>>> We aren't ready for electric cars yet.
>>> cuhulin

>> I read the 'article'
>> Like everything else on liberty post its right wing hogwash.
>> Not a bit of truth in it.

> Yeah, take a Prius apart wrong and if you live, tell us all about it...

do emergency services or even the average auto workshop disqualify
people who are colorblind? i'm interested to know whether the color
schemes used to identify high voltage and explosive [airbag] systems in
modern vehicles work with the percentage of the population who have this
trait.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old September 4th 11, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"hachiroku" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:42:02 -0700, ben91932 wrote:
>
>> On Sep 1, 7:00 am, (J R) wrote:
>>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=312840
>>>
>>> We aren't ready for electric cars yet.
>>> cuhulin

>> I read the 'article'
>> Like everything else on liberty post its right wing hogwash.
>> Not a bit of truth in it.

> Yeah, take a Prius apart wrong and if you live, tell us all about it...

Take any car apart wrong and you could be facing eternity.

Right wing means what??? That you have thought something out and
perhaps researched it and found that it was phallacy??

Left wingers bitch and moan but seldom consider the consequences of
their plans and desires.

Old September 5th 11, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Roger Blake[_2_]

On 2011-09-03, hls > wrote:
> Left wingers bitch and moan but seldom consider the consequences of
> their plans and desires.

They expect us to run an advanced, industrial civilization on
magical fairy dust.

Electric cars will never be practical until the battery problem
is solved. Period. When they come up with batteries that will power
the car for 300 miles or more with lights and air conditioning on,
can be recharged in a few minutes, and will either last the life
of the car or be inexpensive to replace - then I'll be willing
to listen. Until then the greenies are just farting in the wind.

"Climate policy has almost nothing to do anymore with environmental
protection... the next world climate summit in Cancun is actually
an economy summit during which the distribution of the world's
resources will be negotiated." -- Ottmar Edenhofer, IPCC
Old September 5th 11, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J R[_2_]

Who would want to pay Sky High prices for a new battery, or batteries,
for a used electric car?
Not me!
cuhulin

Old September 5th 11, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-09-05, Roger Blake > wrote:
> On 2011-09-03, hls > wrote:
>> Left wingers bitch and moan but seldom consider the consequences of
>> their plans and desires.

> They expect us to run an advanced, industrial civilization on
> magical fairy dust.

Only the useful idiots do. The agenda at the top is to extinguish
industrial civilization and impoverish most people and return them to a
state of serfdom.

Industrial civilization has allowed poor people to live better than even
the ruling classes could have dreamed just two centuries ago for
themselves. Even kings didn't have automobiles. Now even the poor can
usually afford a car of sort. Sure it's old and might not be in the best
shape, but they can drive. They have mobility. The middle class.... well
there didn't use to be one of significance and it collectively the
middle class (outside of those who are dependent on the state) is a
threat to the ruling class.

Those who would prefer the old order are offended that the poor live so
well and that the productive middle class even exists let alone so
large. The mobility, the freedom, the time that is available beyond
basic survival. This isn't good for those who want to rule. They prefer
a world where goods are very expensive. Finely crafted and very
expensive. Just like the good old days. Raise the minimum price of
things and people will just have to go without.

So how to achieve this return to this pre-industrial revolution economy?
Regulate, inflate, and otherwise destroy the capital of the middle class
and make the goods available incredibly expensive. It doesn't matter
that electric cars work well or not. What matters is that they are
-very- expensive and out of reach of most people.

I expect that once there is breakthrough and there are good affordable
electric cars the attack will change focus and go after the battery
construction, the roads, something else that will make driving too
expensive for "lesser" people.

PS, there's no left and right at the top. Just them, and everyone else.

Shocking photo brad herschel Driving 0 June 10th 10 02:13 PM
Top Three Best Electric Cars [email protected] Saturn 0 November 27th 07 03:15 PM
Diesel-Electric Cars N8N Driving 6 July 19th 05 12:04 AM
shocking whipers Dano Audi 1 July 14th 04 07:40 PM