Think Small

Old December 31st 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

Default Think Small

OT but Aircooled and small. I saw in interesting article about a new
3 wheel vehicle that is like a car, but has a 650cc 2 cyl engine
mounted under the seat and will go about 70 mph. That is probably
close to the top speed of early Beetles. It has a steering wheel like
a car an used a 4 speed manual gear box. It is registered as a
motorcycle and you have to have a motorcycle endorsement to drive it.
Here is the link to the article if interested.
http://www.mlive.com/grpress/busines...orffjerry.html
Old December 31st 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Dec 31, 9:52*am, Bill Berckman > wrote:
> OT but Aircooled and small. * I saw in interesting article about a new
> 3 wheel vehicle that is like a car, but has a 650cc 2 cyl engine
> mounted under the seat and will go about 70 mph. *That is probably
> close to the top speed of early Beetles. *It has a steering wheel like
> a car an used a 4 speed manual gear box. It is registered as a
> motorcycle and you have to have a motorcycle endorsement to drive it.
> Here is the link to the article if interested.http://www.mlive.com/grpress/busines.../press_photosk...

I kind of like that.
I wonder who makes the engine & trans for it.

Randy
Old December 31st 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Gloves off.............................
Looks like someone put a box over a trike.
$6500 sounds like it costs too much but maybe it is the norm for the cost of
a low-end motorcycle.
90 day warranty sounds a little small but the 2 year on the engine and trans
sounds good.

I wonder how the heater works in the $9500 model!

Gloves back on.................
Interesting and cute though!

Hope it does well since it could be a solution to saving energy!
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

Old January 1st 09, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John J[_3_]

There are a LOT of similar vehicles in the world. Someday the USA might
even let some be imported. Minicars, all that.
Old January 1st 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I would like to try the 'air car' that I keep hearing about.

Old January 1st 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 07:11:55 +0100, Jan Andersson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-A3XHFT5qc
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIwropRMME
>> Tata Nano:
>> http://jalopnik.com/343003/the-2500-...eiled-in-india
>>

> Actually I was referring to the you-know-what car that we all love here

That would be sort of wishfull thinking, yes? :-]

Happy New Year!!

J.