Business Week: Air-Powered Green Car in U.S. in 2010

Old March 9th 08, 01:05 AM posted to talk.environment,alt.activism,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
EconomicDemocracy Coop

Default Business Week: Air-Powered Green Car in U.S. in 2010

From Businessweek.com

Zero-Pollution Car Coming to U.S.

The Zero-Pollution MDI Air Car, invented in France and licensed by
India's Tata Motors, will go on sale in the U.S. by 2010

The Zero-Pollution MDI Air Car, invented in France and licensed by
Tata Motors in India, is coming to American shores. Zero Pollution
Motors have announced they will begin taking reservations for the
first U.S. deliveries in the next couple of months, but it will be
2010 before Americans get their first taste of the ingenious
compressed-air motor, which runs to 35 mph entirely on air, or uses a
trickle of petrol to heat and compress more air to reach higher speeds
up to 90 mph. It'll cost next to nothing to run (how do 30,000 km
service intervals sound?), have a range of up to 1000 miles, and
retail for well under $20,000.

We've written before about the promising potential of compressed air
as the next energy storage medium for road cars, and it seems the
concept is starting to gather some serious momentum. After signing a
mass-production agreement with India's largest auto manufacturer, Zero
Pollution has announced the beginning of a marketing push into the
U.S.A.

Pre-orders for the air car will be taken in early 2008 on the Zero
Pollution website, and initial U.S. deliveries for a 6-seater, 4-door,
75 hp, dual-energy MDI Air Car are anticipated for 2010.

The air car has also been one of the first entries in the multi-
million dollar Automotive XPrize competition, which aims to reward
innovators and inspire a new generation of super-efficient, 100 mph+
vehicles to help free mankind from its oil addiction.

Provided by Gizmag.com--ideas, innovation, invention

Via Businessweek.com tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/243ue2

=============

DON'T MOURN, ACT! WEBSITES FOR ACTION:

http://www.earthshare.org/get_involved/involved.html
http://www.greenhousenet.org/
http://www.solarcatalyst.com/
http://www.campaignearth.org/buy_green_nativeenergy.asp

Overview and local actions you can take: http://www.PostCarbon.org
=============

= = = =
STILL FEELING LIKE THE MAINSTREAM U.S. CORPORATE MEDIA
IS GIVING A FULL HONEST PICTURE OF WHAT'S GOING ON?
= = = =
Daily online radio show, news reporting: www.DemocracyNow.org
More news: UseNet's misc.activism.progressive (moderated)
= = = =
Sorry, we cannot read/reply to most usenet posts but welcome email
For more information: http://EconomicDemocracy.org/wtc/ (peace)
And http://EconomicDemocracy.org/ (general)

** Email Note: "info" and "map" etc DON'T work. Now:
econdemocracy(at)gmail

Old March 9th 08, 01:15 AM posted to talk.environment,alt.activism,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Vaughn Simon

"EconomicDemocracy Coop" > wrote in message
> From Businessweek.com
>
> Zero-Pollution Car Coming to U.S.

Bull****.

This particular car has been "coming" for years. As a going concern, it will
never arrive in the U.S. or anywhere else because the basic concept of an
efficient air-driven car with decent range and performance defies (or at least
seriously strains) the laws of physics. In the case of the Aircar, their
continuing claims to have contracts and factories in place defy the laws of
human credibility.

Vaughn

Old March 9th 08, 02:06 AM posted to talk.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Eeyore

EconomicDemocracy Coop wrote:

> The Zero-Pollution MDI Air Car, invented in France and licensed by
> India's Tata Motors, will go on sale in the U.S. by 2010

It's NOT zero pollution.

The compressed air that powers it has to be compressed using an electric
compressor and the electricity generation creates pollution.

It's a POS car anyway.

Graham

Old March 9th 08, 02:08 AM posted to talk.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Eeyore

EconomicDemocracy Coop wrote:

> We've written before about the promising potential of compressed air
> as the next energy storage medium for road cars, and it seems the
> concept is starting to gather some serious momentum.

It's a MISERABLE way to store energy. It's very inefficient (i.e it's very
lossy thermodynamically) and has poor energy density.

It's almost a complete waste of time. Suitable only for tiny vehicles and
short journeys. Possibly OK for city delivery runs.

Graham

Old March 9th 08, 06:24 AM posted to talk.environment,alt.activism,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

EconomicDemocracy Coop > wrote in news:0421842f-
:

> We've written before about the promising potential of compressed air
> as the next energy storage medium for road cars,

Where does the energy to compress the air come from?
Old March 9th 08, 03:29 PM posted to talk.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Harry K

On Mar 8, 8:06*pm, Eeyore >
wrote:
> EconomicDemocracy Coop wrote:
> > The Zero-Pollution MDI Air Car, invented in France and licensed by
> > India's Tata Motors, will go on sale in the U.S. by 2010

> It's NOT zero pollution.
>
> The compressed air that powers it has to be compressed using an electric
> compressor and the electricity generation creates pollution.
>
> It's a POS car anyway.
>
> Graham

Actually, it is a non-existant car. I first saw this BS back in the
90s. Back then they were puffing the same crap and in addition
claiming that factories were already contracted in Mexico, South
Africa, etc.

I will admit that they advanced some. Back then, their publicity
photos of the supposed car were obvious models, not even clay but they
type models kids play with.

I love the "trickle of gas to heat the air" bit.

Just a minimum bit of thought shows their claims (1,000 mile range)
for a few pennies is asinine.

Zero pollution? Not even close.

Efficiency? When you compress air, it heats up. At the pressures
they are quoting it would boil water - that heat is wasted. Read
money spent producing heat that can't be recovered. Then as the air
expands driving the pistons, it cools down - fast. Read more loss of
heat.

Air driving vehicles have been and are available all over the world in
mines, factories, etc. They are all very limited range and for
special purpose only.

Harry K
Old March 9th 08, 05:26 PM posted to talk.environment,alt.activism,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Scott in SoCal > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 06:24:14 -0000, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> MURDERERS" > wrote:
>
>>EconomicDemocracy Coop > wrote in news:0421842f-
:

>>> We've written before about the promising potential of compressed air
>>> as the next energy storage medium for road cars,

>>Where does the energy to compress the air come from?

> As noted previously, you generate enough hot air to power one of these
> cars in perpetuity.

Address the issue i raised. Some sort of energy consuming machinery will
have to be used to compress the air. This sounds like another scam. The
way to save energy is with smaller vehicles and lower speeds.
Old March 9th 08, 05:33 PM posted to talk.environmentt,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
Eeyore

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> Some sort of energy consuming machinery will have to be used to compress the
> air. This sounds like another scam.

It IS a scam after a fashion. Mr Guy Negre is simply obsessional about his
idea. He ignores its many weak points.

Graham

Old March 9th 08, 05:57 PM posted to talk.environment,alt.activism,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
necromancer[_4_]

SFB spewed:

>EconomicDemocracy Coop > wrote in news:0421842f-
:

>> We've written before about the promising potential of compressed air
>> as the next energy storage medium for road cars,
>>

>Where does the energy to compress the air come from?

The hot air that pollutes our atmosphere everytime you open your
mouth.

Aunt Judy demonstrates its lack of understanding
of the concept of "</killfile>," and "<killfile>,"
and what a "thread," is:

"Now that takes nerve. You claim to killfile
me TWICE in the same thread and you expect
people to take you seriously???"

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/r5qp9
Old March 9th 08, 05:58 PM posted to talk.environmentt,alt.activism,rec.autos.driving,alt.energy.renewable
necromancer[_4_]

:

>> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 06:24:14 -0000, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
>> MURDERERS" > wrote:
>>
>>>EconomicDemocracy Coop > wrote in news:0421842f-
:

>>>Where does the energy to compress the air come from?

>> As noted previously, you generate enough hot air to power one of these
>> cars in perpetuity.
>>

>Address the issue i raised.

Scott did. You are just too stupid to comprehend what he said.

>Some sort of energy consuming machinery will
>have to be used to compress the air. This sounds like another scam. The
>way to save energy is with smaller vehicles and lower speeds.

Starting with sending your beater to the crusher - with you still
behind the wheel.

"My tars have been bald for two years.
Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and
everythings cool."

--Laura Buch murdered her boyfriend
/ laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
/ Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS

10/25/05

Message ID:
http://tinyurl.com/7p7xq

2010 Mustang Big Al[_2_] Ford Mustang 13 December 27th 07 01:52 AM
Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities elie Driving 0 August 21st 07 08:12 AM
2010 Acura NSX Under Way? sjmassey Honda 2 June 1st 07 07:45 PM
Business Week magazine calls for coddling of drunk drivers Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 21 December 18th 06 02:02 AM
2010 Mustang Đavīd Ford Mustang 19 November 23rd 06 07:35 PM