Latest on the street-racing tragedy that killed 8 - Killer was NOT in the race

Old February 19th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

Default Latest on the street-racing tragedy that killed 8 - Killer wasNOT in the race

On Feb 18, 8:56*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:21:44 -0800 (PST), "
>
> > wrote:
> >Interesting projection. *I'd be curious to learn how old you are, with
> >how quick you are to label people "geezers" so quickly. *It reminds me
> >of the homophobe trying so hard not to acknowledge his own homosexual
> >thoughts. *Are you afraid you might be a geezer, Scott? *Is that what
> >the vette's about, mid life crisis?

> LOL!! I'm in my early 40s - not even close to mid-life, let alone
> geezerdom. I drive a Corvette because I like fast cars that handle
> well - always have, and probably always will.
>
> Any other cockamamie theories, Mr. Armchair Analyst?
> --
> Please don't give financial rewards to trolls -
> DO NOT CLICK on any URLs containing "calrog.com"

Sounds like you expect to live past 90 given the midlife reference.

Early 40s? Pup! I'm in my *mid* 40s. Then again, CahRah may
consider both of us (and several mtr vets) geezers.
Old February 20th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
David Poole

Scott in SoCal wrote:
>On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:53:23 -0800 (PST), Harry K
> wrote:
>
>>On Feb 16, 7:33*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:

>>> Crown Vic == a geezer's car. It's certainly no surprise that a
>>> doddering old fool would drive right into a cloud of blinding smoke
>>> instead of safely stopping before he even got to it.

>>Making a wild leap of assumption there aren't you?

>Call it an educated guess.
>
>The only young people I have ever seen driving Crown Vics are cops or
>cop wannabe impersonators. The giveaway is the driver's side A-pillar:
>if the CV in the story had a spotlight, then the probability swings to
>the cop/wannabe side.

Decades ago, a teen "friend" of a "friend" of mine purchased one
because he was trafficking as well as driving around on a license that
had been suspended numerous times because of extreme speeding
violations he had committed with earlier vehicles. Once he bought the
crown vic, he stopped having legal problems. =))

--

People don't confuse me with someone who cares.
Old February 20th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Feb 19, 7:26*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:31:48 -0800 (PST), MLOM >
> wrote:
>
> >Sounds like you expect to live past 90 given the midlife reference.

> I'm shooting for at least 100. Maybe more, depending on what advances
> in health care take place between now and then.
>
> >Early 40s? *Pup! *I'm in my *mid* 40s.

> Geezer!

Keep that up and I'll knock that pacifier out of your mouth with my
cane.

> >Then again, CahRah may consider both of us (and several mtr vets) geezers..

> Maybe, but nobody gives a **** what he thinks.
> --

Makes sense...he hasn't cared what we think either.

Old March 12th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim

hmmm, imagine that, speed doesn't kill after all, running into things kills