Accord coupe - washer fluid container

Old January 22nd 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

Default Accord coupe - washer fluid container

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in message

> "Tony Harding" > wrote
>
>> In the hot dog example, you have to buy 3 packages of franks and 2
>> packages of buns to come out even. It's a conspiracy at the highest
>> level, I tell you!

> Yeah..but check it out:
>
> If you remove the 2.5L reservoir bottle and mount a 4.5L replacement under
> the bumper, then one would have room to install a little area for putting
> hot dogs and buns together in that same area. Maybe a small toaster oven
> that's been hollowed out, to simply hold the items in a metal container
> that can heat up from the engine's heat. Cooks his dinner there on the way
> home...you've seen it before...but at least now there will be a definite
> space for this side project under the hood.
>
> Only problem is that I think that most recipes for hot dogs use US
> measurements, and if the engine puts out B.T.U.'s or heats up in Celcius
> then there's gonna be calculators involved.
>
> Not to mention that IIRC, only 1 package of buns and 1 1/2 packs of hot
> dogs will fit U.S. model Accords....so there's gonna be at leat 1/2
> package of hot dogs that will be left over. And a package of buns.
>
> Why can't Oscar Myer design a hot dog package with *6* hot dogs in it, not
> 4? Is it so hard to include the extra 2 hot dogs?
>
> And why hasn't Honda considered changing the front bumper engineering to
> allow space to go ahead and cook the extra two hot dogs, even if we would
> have no bun for them?
>
> You can CLEARLY see that Honda DOES NOT CARE about the public or else they
> would design an Accord that could *nourish* the driver after he completes
> a trip.
>
> Whew...I'm gonna go get something to eat...
>
> Peace,
> Polfus

Ah, go have a hot dog... Speak of hot dogs, buns, etc... Ever notice how
hot dogs, whether "Jumbo", "Large" or regular happen to have the same weight
on the package? Maybe it's jumbo due to extra air pockets in the hot dogs?

-Dave

Old January 22nd 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Dave L" > wrote in message . ..
> Nah, not in my routine unless I find myself using it more through a snow
> storm. When running low, buy a few gallons on sale - I'd rather not have to
> buy some at a gas station for a premium price! City/suburb is most of my
> driving as well.

Well, this 2 dollars once a month or two is not really a big deal.
For me it is convenience over the storage space which is sparse here...
Old January 22nd 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

"Pszemol" > wrote in message
> "Dave L" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Nah, not in my routine unless I find myself using it more through a snow
>> storm. When running low, buy a few gallons on sale - I'd rather not have
>> to buy some at a gas station for a premium price! City/suburb is most of
>> my driving as well.

> Well, this 2 dollars once a month or two is not really a big deal.
> For me it is convenience over the storage space which is sparse here...

Good point! Heck, people pay more than this for bottled municipal water...
I'll take tap water.

-dave

Old January 22nd 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Dave L" > wrote in message ...
> Ah, go have a hot dog... Speak of hot dogs, buns, etc... Ever notice how
> hot dogs, whether "Jumbo", "Large" or regular happen to have the same weight
> on the package? Maybe it's jumbo due to extra air pockets in the hot dogs?

This is probably just an illusion...

Compare examples from www.Peapod.com:

Oscar Mayer Wieners - 10 ct, 16 OZ PKG
Oscar Mayer Wieners Jumbo - 8 ct, 16 OZ PKG

So as you can see 8 jumbo oscar mayers weight the same as 10 regular ones.
Does it make sense? Of course... A different, even better example:

Vienna Beef Franks - 8 ct, 12 OZ PKG
Vienna Beef Franks Jumbo - 6 ct, 16 OZ PKG

Mistery solved ;-)
Old January 22nd 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in message ...
> Wow...I never knew they were under there like that..the 2.5L just fits in
> the engine compartment, IIRC...not big enough to require the "under the
> bumper" housing.

I saw couple older model on junkyard here west from Chicago
and they were actually behind the bumper.

Old January 22nd 08, 10:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Pszemol wrote:
> "Tony Harding" > wrote in message
>> Here is the key to this entire thread, "should". You're insisting the
>> universe should be other that it is, which is known as "musterbating"
>> by Al Ellis (RIP) and his followers.
>>
>> This is not to say Honda couldn't or wouldn't change things in
>> subsequent models - we know they do, but an existing model is a fait
>> accompli.

> Tony, what forces you to participate this boring thread?
> Can't find "ignore thread" feature in your newsreader or smthing?

"smthing", definitely.

Do you think a person has to agree with everything posted to follow a
thread?
Old January 22nd 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in
:

> "Tegger" > wrote
>
>> Here's my Canadian one-gallon bottle.
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/...uid_bottle.jpg
>> Bumper has been removed.
>>
>> It's tighter than tight in there with the bumper on.

> Wow...I never knew they were under there like that..the 2.5L just fits
> in the engine compartment, IIRC...not big enough to require the "under
> the bumper" housing.
>
> Thanks for that pic...very illustrative and specific. You didn't take
> that obviously just for this thread...

No. I took that two years ago when I replaced the power steering oil
cooler (rusty).

> And I shall go so far as to say that it appears that there is NO WAY
> that will fit inside the engine compartment of Pz's 2007 Accord.

It must. The Canadian bottle for his Accord holds 4.8 qt.

>>> I admit I don't have a clue especially since my car is
>>> in a parking lot a few buildings away from me. Its 27 degrees and I
>>> shall not be venturing outside to check a windshield wiper fluid
>>> reservoir this evening, if you know what I mean.

>> It's 5 degrees right now as I type. Not fun out there.

> I feel like someone is slapping me around when I go out in this
> weather..I swear if I could hibernate....
>
>> The most I've done in the last two months is drill some holes in the
>> wife's right-front signal light to let out the moisture that's
>> suddenly been accumulating in it. This is a Toyota by the way...

> Then drill *more* holes in it...heh.

Had to do the same thing to the same light on my car last summer.

> FWIW: the scariest car I ever drove was a 1987 or so Toyota Supra.
>
> I actually pulled over and told the dude I didn't wanna drive it any
> more.
>
> And another quick Toyota story is I always liked the way the original
> Corollas felt with the old stick shift..that was a fun car.

The RWD Corollas had a stick that went straight into the box with no
outside linkage. There were three solid rods which engaged a nylon-
covered ball on the end of the stick. The action was slick and very
precise.

When I bought my car (brand-new in 1991), I was shocked how vague and
sloppy the shifter felt compared to my '82 Corolla's, which had
something like 175,000 miles on it at the time.

> Where are you anyway? Near the border I would imagine? Minnesota?
> Michigan? ( hope I spelled 'em right )

I'm in Ontario, Canada, a couple of hours from the border.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 22nd 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Pszemol" > wrote in
:

> "Tegger" > wrote in message
>> Here's my Canadian one-gallon bottle.
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/...uid_bottle.jpg
>> Bumper has been removed.
>>
>> It's tighter than tight in there with the bumper on.

> This is what I saw on the junkyard here in Chicagoland...
> Do not remember which year I saw exposed like this, but
> it had bumber taken out and I was bending the wheel
> compartment skirt down to take a look at the bottle...
> Did not see any float switch, so it was obviously US version.
>
> What is interesting on your picture - I sew two gizmos like
> pumps there... Do you have headlight sprinkler nozzles or
> back window wiper nozzle? My accord coupe has only one pump
> as far as I know...

The second motor on my bottle is for the rear window washer. I've got a
hatchback Integra with a rear wiper.

Old January 22nd 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Pszemol" > wrote in
:

> "Tegger" > wrote in message

>> Dom's Auto Parts in Courtice Ont. tends to have a a good selection of
>> newer cars. I could check there first. They're big so they tend to
>> get first pick from the insurance writeoffs.

> Appreciate the offer... it would be great if you find one.
>
> I am very serious about it, but before I would bother you with such
> a search I want to wait for the weather to get little warmer and try
> to see if there is some room there behind the bumper. If I'd not find
> the 7th gen accord on junkyard I will remove wheel skirt from mine to
> see.
>
> Let's keep in touch...
> Thanks!

Contact me via email if you wish to go ahead with this when the weather
gets warmer. I don't want to be crawling around a cold, wet, muddy wrecking
yard just now either.

Old January 22nd 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in message ...
>> I saw couple older model on junkyard here west from Chicago
>> and they were actually behind the bumper.

> Cool...Im just trying to stimulate conversation and like I said..I ain't
> going utside to check to see 'cause its too damn cold here in NYC.
>
> I will when I can though! So mine's *under* the front bumper?

Well, I should say under the engine compartment metal floor
and behind the bumper. There is a hole in the metal floor and
the bottle neck is sticking up to let you fill the bottle from
under the hood. But the fluid is going down in the low corner.

Washer Fluid Anyroadup BMW 17 October 23rd 07 02:56 PM
Window washer fluid fix. J J Technology 0 November 23rd 06 07:48 PM
Pls help - Quick Q about washer fluid for 530 Dizzy Bird via CarKB.com BMW 0 April 4th 05 12:17 AM
Washer fluid low Geir R.Pettersson Jeep 9 January 18th 05 07:28 AM
Best washer fluid for bugs? Sanjay Punjab General 0 July 4th 04 10:12 PM