Rush hour isn't pretty in Atlanta!

Old December 11th 07, 12:49 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
MLOM

Default Rush hour isn't pretty in Atlanta!

On Dec 10, 6:41 pm, necromancer > wrote:
> Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver:
>

> > Carl Rogers wrote:
> > >Hi Viatologists,

> > >Courtesy of the Tennessean, a Nashville-based newspaper, here's a look at
> > >rush-hour traffic in Atlanta:

> > >http://tinyurl.com/3ycy6m

> > >I foresee many grimaces, teeth-grinding and stressed folk even though this
> > >metro-area has expanded the expressway into multiple through lanes.
> > >Widening on surrounding beltways and arterials may be the next step in
> > >keeping traffic moving forward.

> > Teaching people how to drive would keep traffic moving forward. Since
> > the average individual can't be bothered with such trivial processes,
> > though, let's just add more freakin' lanes.

> > >As many of you may know, and on a related note, Atlanta's Interstate 75/85
> > >duplex is one of the most congested thoroughfares--per capita--in the United
> > >States.

> > NFS, Sherlock?

> Is it just me, or does anyone else envision a high squeeky voice (much
> like Mickey Mouse's) when they read the words, "Hi viatologists?"
>
> --
> necromancer
>
> Official Overseer Of Kooks And Trolls In rec.autos.driving- Hide quoted text -

Yer not alone nec....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d33gDhiBGe4

---

Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM) admits to being a
pedophile coddler:

"The biggest threat to your kids is not pedophiles, but speeders and
drunk drivers."

Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM), 28 October 2007
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...220f0f9eb0c3bf
Old December 11th 07, 12:59 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_2_]

MLOM:

> > Is it just me, or does anyone else envision a high squeeky voice (much
> > like Mickey Mouse's) when they read the words, "Hi viatologists?"

> > --
> > necromancer

> > Official Overseer Of Kooks And Trolls In rec.autos.driving- Hide quoted text -

> Yer not alone nec....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d33gDhiBGe4

Good. Its nice to know that I'm not going any crazier than I already
am....

BTW, I hear you guys got a little weather up that way.

Here's a little something to keep warm by:
http://www.weatherunderground.com/cg...ast?query=kbqk

--
F ools
E gomaniacs &
Old December 11th 07, 01:34 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 10, 6:59 pm, necromancer > wrote:
> MLOM:
>
> > > Is it just me, or does anyone else envision a high squeeky voice (much
> > > like Mickey Mouse's) when they read the words, "Hi viatologists?"

> > > --
> > > necromancer

> > > Official Overseer Of Kooks And Trolls In rec.autos.driving- Hide quoted text -

> > Yer not alone nec....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d33gDhiBGe4

> Good. Its nice to know that I'm not going any crazier than I already
> am....

Or anyone else.

> BTW, I hear you guys got a little weather up that way.

Mostly south; we in KC just got the appetizer over the weekend. We're
due for the full meal tonight through tomorrow (though not expected to
be as bad as in ought-deuce). Guess I better get some Pepto-Bismol,
as that kind of weather can cause indigestion. It did provide me a
chance to perform a successful function check of the transfer case on
my Jeep.

> Here's a little something to keep warm by:http://www.weatherunderground.com/cg...etForecast?que...

OK, rub it in.

I'm not worried about getting around, as far as handling the
conditions per se. However, it's the other drivers that concern
me...their IQ and sanity level is somewhere between that of S&DDAM and
that of GPSTroll. I know, not a wide range there.

In about 3 weeks I'll be taking a 5-day break from the mess by
escaping to Texas (D/FW & SA).

--

C an
H ardly
Old December 11th 07, 01:48 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

MLOM wrote:
> On Dec 10, 6:59 pm, necromancer > wrote:
>> MLOM:

>>> Yer not alone nec....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d33gDhiBGe4

>> Good. Its nice to know that I'm not going any crazier than I already
>> am....
>>

> Or anyone else.
>
>> BTW, I hear you guys got a little weather up that way.

> Mostly south; we in KC just got the appetizer over the weekend. We're
> due for the full meal tonight through tomorrow (though not expected to
> be as bad as in ought-deuce). Guess I better get some Pepto-Bismol,
> as that kind of weather can cause indigestion. It did provide me a
> chance to perform a successful function check of the transfer case on
> my Jeep.

Sounds like tonight is going to be your turn. We've been getting it
since Saturday, and this afternoon it finally warmed enough to give us a
bit of a break. The worst is from Wentzville west and north. Wright
City, Warrenton, Moscow Mills and Troy are all basically without power.
I-70 was shut down in Montgomery County for a while on Sunday because
of power lines down across the highway.

The Spfld, MO, Tulsa and OKC folks have been getting hammered pretty
good, too

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
That's one of the problems in this country
The nuts don't know they're nuts.

--Jeff Foxworthy
Old December 11th 07, 01:52 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
lkjlkjlkj

> Shows how much I know about the ATL, I guess. My
> experience with the
> place being either passing through on 75/85

here's some shots of the downtown connector (75/85
duplex):

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2...age693935x.jpg
http://bp3.blogger.com/_d9q1ZhPUK6s/...traffic_10.jpg

both those shots are headed south.

Old December 11th 07, 02:25 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_2_]

MLOM:

> I'm not worried about getting around, as far as handling the
> conditions per se. However, it's the other drivers that concern
> me...their IQ and sanity level is somewhere between that of S&DDAM and
> that of GPSTroll. I know, not a wide range there.

I've oft wondered how SFB can handle that beater in the CO winters -
especially with the bald tires....

> In about 3 weeks I'll be taking a 5-day break from the mess by
> escaping to Texas (D/FW & SA).

Drive safely make sure to post some pics.....

--
C orny
A lmanac of
Old December 11th 07, 02:39 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
US 71

"Rich Piehl" > wrote in message

> The Spfld, MO, Tulsa and OKC folks have been getting hammered pretty good,
> too

Last report out of Springfield was the worst was north of I-44

Old December 11th 07, 03:05 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 10, 8:25 pm, necromancer > wrote:
> MLOM:
>
> > I'm not worried about getting around, as far as handling the
> > conditions per se. However, it's the other drivers that concern
> > me...their IQ and sanity level is somewhere between that of S&DDAM and
> > that of GPSTroll. I know, not a wide range there.

> I've oft wondered how SFB can handle that beater in the CO winters -
> especially with the bald tires....

I doubt that the sandpaper treadwork helps traction much if at all.

> > In about 3 weeks I'll be taking a 5-day break from the mess by
> > escaping to Texas (D/FW & SA).

> Drive safely make sure to post some pics.....

Certainly. Possibly YouTube additions as well.

> > --

> > C an
> > H ardly
> > I nitiate
> > E xpert
> > F ootball
> > S uccessfully

> --
> C orny
> A lmanac of
> L eftcoast
> R oads
> O btuse &
> G rainy

V ery
I rritating
A ddition
T o
O nline
L and-travel
O pinion
G roups
I ncluding
S ome
T rolling
Old December 11th 07, 03:21 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
My Land of Misery

On Dec 10, 8:39 pm, "US 71" > wrote:
> "Rich Piehl" > wrote in message

> > The Spfld, MO, Tulsa and OKC folks have been getting hammered pretty good,
> > too

> Last report out of Springfield was the worst was north of I-44

We're getting hammered right now in Kansas City. The freezing rain
started about an hour ago and is expected to last through tomorrow
with up to 2" ice accumulation, and possible snow tomorrow night of up
to 1" on top of that. Just entering a vehicle may not be a viable
option, let alone operating it to get to work.
Old December 11th 07, 03:35 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

necromancer wrote:

> Here's a little something to keep warm by:
> http://www.weatherunderground.com/cg...ast?query=kbqk

It's pretty much the same here

http://www.weatherunderground.com/cg...luefield%2C+VA.
In fact, it's supposed to get up to 70F tomorrow, so I'm going to get
some riding in

corvette in Rush Hour 1 and 3 robert Corvette 14 August 15th 07 08:32 PM
Road Atlanta fun Jim Behning[_1_] VW water cooled 7 July 30th 07 01:23 AM
Kansas City rush hour question? Jonathan Grobe Driving 19 October 23rd 05 06:23 AM
Cindy Does Atlanta Larry Simulators 10 July 14th 05 02:36 AM
Elevated Engine temperature on Hot days or rush hour traffic tarzan Ford Mustang 25 June 7th 05 11:39 PM