Trust the 'expert' cop fails again.

Old December 4th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

Default Trust the 'expert' cop fails again.

On Dec 3, 2:07 pm, Jim Yanik > wrote:
> "Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote :
>
> > "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." wrote:

> > [snip]

> >> Then there's still the additional issue of whether this guy should
> >> even have a driver's license, if his disabilities prevent him from
> >> walking in a straight line and probably also prevent him from driving
> >> in a straight line. Florida DMV should demand an immediate license
> >> retest and revoke the license if they determine sufficient impairment
> >> to drive safely.

> > I don't disagree with this, but if this happens, that town will be
> > inviting an ADA suit and the wrath of the AARP.

> Well,that's where a competent Judge should toss the suit as having no
> merit.
> After all,it's only "reasonable regulation"...
>

> > I've heard our cops on scanners pursuing 'impaired' drivers reported
> > over the radio. Its not unusual to hear them break off pursuit and
> > report. "Its just an old guy".

> GREAT....an old guy who's physical abilities have deteriorated to the point
> he's a hazard;yeah,give him a pass.(NOT)
>
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

Right. Can't prosecute for DUI but his lic. should be pulled.

Harry K
Old December 4th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein):
> necromancer wrote:
> > Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein):

> >> Uh, this is Florida we're talking about here.

> >FloriDUH.

> That's what I get for trying to be nice (for once!). ;-)

FloriDUH doesn't deserve nice..... ;-P

--
necromancer

Criminal Coddler. And Proud of it, Man!!
Old December 5th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein):
> necromancer wrote:
> >
> >Just ask Senator Edward Kennedy......

> Nice. :-)

Thanx...

> >--
> >For the benefit of the nsa, cia and other goon squadss:
> >
> >suitcase nuke mall cleveland allah comes alive at midnight
> >george w bush antichrist incompetent boob warmonger
> >anthrax ebola ecoli ecommerce etrade emortgage ebankrupt
> >911 inside job patriot act hates freedom wtc pulled
> >fifty nine million americans dumb texas mexico return

> Somehow or another, I'll bet that makes sense to SADDAM and GPSTard

They do seem to think on that level, don't they?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to
purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve
neither Liberty nor Safety."
--Benjamin Franklin
Old December 6th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein):
>> necromancer wrote:
>> >
>> >Just ask Senator Edward Kennedy......

>> Nice. :-)

>Thanx...
>
>> >--
>> >For the benefit of the nsa, cia and other goon squadss:
>> >
>> >suitcase nuke mall cleveland allah comes alive at midnight
>> >george w bush antichrist incompetent boob warmonger
>> >anthrax ebola ecoli ecommerce etrade emortgage ebankrupt
>> >911 inside job patriot act hates freedom wtc pulled
>> >fifty nine million americans dumb texas mexico return

>> Somehow or another, I'll bet that makes sense to SADDAM and GPSTard

>They do seem to think on that level, don't they?

"think"? Is that what they do? =))

--

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Admiral Hyman Rickover, U.S. Navy
Old December 6th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 5, 10:05 pm, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
(Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
> necromancer wrote:
> > Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein):

> >> Nice. :-)

> >Thanx...

> >> Somehow or another, I'll bet that makes sense to SADDAM and GPSTard

> >They do seem to think on that level, don't they?

> "think"? Is that what they do? =))
>
> --

They seem convinced of it...especially as many times as SADDAM has
told others to THINK.

Old December 6th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Brent P > wrote:

>http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...?storyid=68874
>
>No Drugs, No Booze, busted for DUI
>By: Mike Deeson

[...]
>Despite the fact that Errichiello blew 0.00 on the breathalyzer test and
>the Florida Highway Patrol confirms he had a 0.00 on the urinalysis the
>State Attorney's Office is still prosecuting him for DUI and he can't
>understand why.

I'm sorry, Brent, this is too Kafkaesque and therefore cannot be
believed.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old December 6th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Scott in SoCal wrote:

> Unlike a Kafka novel, this story makes perfect sense. There is no
> doubt the guy is impaired and unable to drive safely.

And your proof is exactly what? Are we going to say next if you can't do
that vulcan split-finger greeting that you must not be able to drive
safely? The ability to do these motor skills tests has little if any
relationship to being able to drive safely even if they were good
indications of alcohol or drug use.

These motor-skills tests are about as relevant to safe driving as being
able to achieve a good score at pac-man or doing gymanstics moves.

> The only error
> is the cops' assumption that alcohol or drugs are the cause of the
> impairment.

The error is in the entire system. The only impairment he apparently
displayed were with regard to silly motor skills tests, not actual driving.

Old December 6th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
John David Galt

Brent P wrote:
> Errichiello who was pulled over by the Florida Highway patrol in a DUI
> checkpoint failed all the field sobriety tests on his lack of
> coordination and the mental agility test.

Anyone who takes "field sobriety tests" is an idiot.

You have to take a blood, breath, or urine test for alcohol/drugs if
asked. You do NOT have to attempt any of the acrobatic hogwash known
as field sobriety tests, and they are so unreliable that doing so is a
dumb idea.
Old December 7th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Scott in SoCal wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:02:17 -0600,
> (Brent P) wrote:
>
>>In article >, Scott in SoCal wrote:
>>
>>> Unlike a Kafka novel, this story makes perfect sense. There is no
>>> doubt the guy is impaired and unable to drive safely.

>>And your proof is exactly what?

> Because he failed multiple sobriety tests, and keeps getting pulled
> over for driving that appears to be impaired.

I gpstroll is rubbing off on you.

The first was at a checkpoint, the second is undefined. The second, if
not a checkpoint may be because of first and nothing more.

>>Are we going to say next if you can't do
>>that vulcan split-finger greeting that you must not be able to drive
>>safely?

> Once again your hatred of authority blinds you. If this guy had been
> reported to the DMV by his doctor, you'd be one of the people shouting
> for his license to be taken away as he is obviously unsafe on public
> roads.

I actually think the doctor reporting the guy who liked to kick back a
few beers at home was completely wrong and smells of a eastern bloc
police state if not oceania. Anyway you're dead wrong there. The article
didn't indicate his driving isn't any worse than masses out there.

>>The ability to do these motor skills tests has little if any
>>relationship to being able to drive safely

> I can't believe you're saying something so ridiculous. Next you'll be
> saying that geezers should be allowed to keep driving past their
> expiration dates despite their obviously failed motor skills.

I have big feet... this means big shoes. A line on pavement can actually
narrower than my shoe in some parking lots. If I was forced to walk it
stone cold sober I could easily place my feet down in such a way that the
cop could decide I was impaired. After all, I have to hit the line dead
center each time or it looks like I am much further off than say a woman
with small feet that easily stay in boundries of the line with room to
spare. The whole thing is perception based. and perception often isn't
reality.

Driving skill should be based on driving skill, not goof ball motor
skills tests with subjective interpetations.

>>even if they were good indications of alcohol or drug use.

> Honestly, I think your posts in this thread are pretty solid evidence
> of drug use.

Your's are evidence of a slave mentality. I won't be property of
government.

>>These motor-skills tests are about as relevant to safe driving as being
>>able to achieve a good score at pac-man or doing gymanstics moves.

> May 1000 Errichiellos drive all around you with their failed motor
> skills.

They couldn't be any worse than the asshole MFFY in the BMW this morning.

As far as the subject of the article, his driving probably isn't worse
than 'average'.

Old December 7th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 6, 9:54 pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 20:43:47 -0600,
>

> (Brent P) wrote:
> >In article >, Scott in SoCal wrote:

> >> Because he failed multiple sobriety tests, and keeps getting pulled
> >> over for driving that appears to be impaired.

> >I gpstroll is rubbing off on you.

> >The first was at a checkpoint, the second is undefined. The second, if
> >not a checkpoint may be because of first and nothing more.

> As I said, the DUI charges should be dismissed, but there is enough
> evidence here to pull this guy in for a DMV re-test. If he fails, he
> should lose his license.
>
> Do you have any objections to that position?

I'd certainly agree. DMV testing at regular intervals, say every
second renewal until age 69, would make a vast majority of drivers re-
think their nasty habits. I doubt that the oil companies or the auto
industry would put up with a severe drop in demand if 98% of the
drivers were removed from the road.

> >> Once again your hatred of authority blinds you. If this guy had been
> >> reported to the DMV by his doctor, you'd be one of the people shouting
> >> for his license to be taken away as he is obviously unsafe on public
> >> roads.

> >Anyway you're dead wrong there. The article
> >didn't indicate his driving isn't any worse than masses out there.

> It said he couldn't pass simple field sobriety tests. I don't know any
> drivers who can't walk a straight line.

That depends on the case.

> >> I can't believe you're saying something so ridiculous. Next you'll be
> >> saying that geezers should be allowed to keep driving past their
> >> expiration dates despite their obviously failed motor skills.

> >I have big feet... this means big shoes. A line on pavement can actually
> >narrower than my shoe in some parking lots. If I was forced to walk it
> >stone cold sober I could easily place my feet down in such a way that the
> >cop could decide I was impaired. After all, I have to hit the line dead
> >center each time or it looks like I am much further off than say a woman
> >with small feet that easily stay in boundries of the line with room to
> >spare. The whole thing is perception based. and perception often isn't
> >reality.

> So let the DMV test him then. I'm willing to accept their conclusion.

Sounds good.