Install O/S mirror on 63 early?

Old September 13th 07, 03:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

Default Install O/S mirror on 63 early?

I see that the correct mirror ( longbase)is specific to my 63E. Does the
interior door panel need to be removed to install a mirror correctly or is
it done externally? The driver side has been replaced with a generic
mirror.I am considering replacing it and doing a new install on passenger
side for better vision in traffic. Is there a specific mounting bolt/screw
spacing that the replacement hardware would need to match up to the generic?
If so what would that spacing (on center) be, or where could I find that
info. Thanx- lib

Old September 13th 07, 04:47 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"lib" > wrote in message
.. .
>I see that the correct mirror ( longbase)is specific to my 63E. Does
>the interior door panel need to be removed to install a mirror
>correctly or is it done externally? The driver side has been replaced
>with a generic mirror.I am considering replacing it and doing a new
>install on passenger side for better vision in traffic. Is there a
>specific mounting bolt/screw spacing that the replacement hardware
>would need to match up to the generic? If so what would that spacing
>(on center) be, or where could I find that info. Thanx- lib

Yes, the door needs to have the interior removed and a new reinforcing
plate put under the right side mirror. Location should match the left
side as right side was not factory, although there may be some
dimensional instructions out there I don't know of them.
http://www.riksvet.com/ Site will show you the required plate and the
early long base looks as if you could use it on both sides. For $60 a
pop I'll never have more than one. ;-))

You got some pictures of your efforts for us yet?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old September 13th 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

Default Install O/S mirror on 63 early? Foto posting?

Thanx for info, once again, Dad. Yes, I have fotos of car during project and
also on run back home. I know I can't post them on this NG and I don't have
a website of my own, so am a bit in the dark about where or how to post them
for interested parties to view. Any simple solution for this issue would be
appreciated- lib

Old September 13th 07, 04:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Easy. All you need is a photo hosting spot and then put the links here.

For example, you can go to tinypic.com and upload pictures free and put the
links here. The first one gives you the tinypic page and the second one
gives you one the picture.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4q84m4k&s=1

http://i3.tinypic.com/4q84m4k.jpg

.. .

Old September 13th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"lib" > wrote in message
.. .
> Thanx for info, once again, Dad. Yes, I have fotos of car during
> project and also on run back home. I know I can't post them on this
> NG and I don't have a website of my own, so am a bit in the dark
> about where or how to post them for interested parties to view. Any
> simple solution for this issue would be appreciated- lib

One added note, if you change the drivers side mirror it should
already have a backer plate with holes threaded in it which will save
you removing the interior. Rik's have been a good outfit to work with
and ship quickly.

Put you photos up on http://photobucket.com/ and attach the link, like
this.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../082607005.jpg

Tip, put a space in front of the link so a reply won't kill it's
function.

Old September 13th 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

I posted fotos of project today at Photoworks. It was successful, in my
opinion. Check it out at;
http://www.photoworks.com/util/xferS...b=PW&svr=web12

.. .

Old September 14th 07, 01:05 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

Project on car worked, but previous link I posted didn't. Link that works
(hopefully):
http://www.photoworks.com/members/in...=m&sv r=web27

.. .

Old September 14th 07, 02:32 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

Link appears to work best when pasted into browser address- lib

.. .

Old September 14th 07, 02:24 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"lib" > wrote in message
.. .
> Link appears to work best when pasted into browser address- lib
>

> "lib" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Project on car worked, but previous link I posted didn't. Link that
>> works (hopefully):
>> http://www.photoworks.com/members/in...=m&sv r=web27

First link worked fine, great looking job on the mechanicals and I can
see why you didn't redo the body, looks great. Ride back will be
something to remember for a long time, pictures won't tell that story
nearly as well.

Old September 15th 07, 03:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

I appreciate the response, Dad. The entire project and driving the car back
home were an enjoyable event. Now, if I could just get the rings to
seat..... lib

.. .