Vehicles of 2010 may move only with hydrogen

Old July 18th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
virig[_2_] virig[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Vehicles of 2010 may move only with hydrogen

The water moved vehicles in 2010 thanks to fuel cells…
http://cooldreamcars.googlepages.com...fuel_cars_2010
Old July 24th 08, 11:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jon Jon

I'd rather have a real car that has performance.

Old July 28th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Ever get the feeling that the only alternative gas that is truly powering
the auto industry is methane? (as in hot air, farts, bullsh*t....). GM (and
Saturn) has what it needs in it's european vehicles, starting with the
ecotec engine. Hopefully they will get back on track before Ford beats them
to it.

--
marx404

_________________

Old August 1st 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Gyzmologist[_2_]

marx404 wrote:
> Ever get the feeling that the only alternative gas that is truly powering
> the auto industry is methane? (as in hot air, farts, bullsh*t....). GM (and
> Saturn) has what it needs in it's european vehicles, starting with the
> ecotec engine. Hopefully they will get back on track before Ford beats them
> to it.

I'm not impressed with the ecotec engine. My wife has an '07 Saturn Sky
with the ecotec 2.4L and 5-speed automatic. Performance wise 170HP out
of 2.4L is pretty lame, but for my wife it is adequate. For economy the
best we have gotten with it is 27 MPG highway, 25 MPG is typical. My '98
Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6 gets 27 MPG commuting to town with AC, and it has
142K miles on it! I like the Sky itself, just not the engine,
transmission, and differential (all the GM parts). Since it is really an
Opel GT (ignoring GM marketing hype), I wonder what engine the Opel
version has?

--
Gyz

If a man is speaking in the middle of the forest and there is no woman
around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Old August 1st 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Jul 31, 10:36*pm, Gyzmologist > wrote:
> marx404 wrote:
> > Ever get the feeling that the only alternative gas that is truly powering
> > the auto industry is methane? (as in hot air, farts, bullsh*t....). GM (and
> > Saturn) has what it needs in it's european vehicles, starting with the
> > ecotec engine. Hopefully they will get back on track before Ford beats them
> > to it.

> I'm not impressed with the ecotec engine. My wife has an '07 Saturn Sky
> with the ecotec 2.4L and 5-speed automatic. Performance wise 170HP out
> of 2.4L is pretty lame, but for my wife it is adequate. For economy the
> best we have gotten with it is 27 MPG highway, 25 MPG is typical. My '98
> Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6 gets 27 MPG commuting to town with AC, and it has
> 142K miles on it! I like the Sky itself, just not the engine,
> transmission, and differential (all the GM parts). Since it is really an
> Opel GT (ignoring GM marketing hype), I wonder what engine the Opel
> version has?
>
> --
> Gyz
>
> If a man is speaking in the middle of the forest and there is no woman
> around to hear him, is he still wrong?

try an ecotec in a normal saturn as verses the sky which was designed
for style and performance unlike an ion. I get 37mpg hiway and 28-30
city driving, plus driving habits have a lot to do with mpg
Old August 1st 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
PerfectReign[_1_]

Gyzmologist turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

My '98
> Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6 gets 27 MPG commuting to town with AC, and it has
> 142K miles on it! I like the Sky itself, just not the engine,
> transmission, and differential (all the GM parts). Since it is really an
> Opel GT (ignoring GM marketing hype), I wonder what engine the Opel
> version has?

had.

AFAIK, the opel GT hasn't been around for 30+ years. It had a 1L four
cylinder engine. Not bad looking, but I'd rather have a stingray...

....wir sind die Jungs von der Opel-Gang
wir haben alle abgehängt....

powered by the lizard: www.opensuse.org
Old August 8th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
bo peep

On Jul 31, 9:36*pm, Gyzmologist > wrote:
> I'm not impressed with the ecotec engine. My wife has an '07 Saturn Sky
> with the ecotec 2.4L and 5-speed automatic. Performance wise 170HP out
> of 2.4L is pretty lame, but for my wife it is adequate. For economy the
> best we have gotten with it is 27 MPG highway, 25 MPG is typical.

That's actually slightly better than the EPA estimate for the 2007
Sky, which is 19/24 mpg. But compare it to the 2007 Ion with the
optional 2.4L engine - the EPA estimate is 34 mpg combined driving. I
have a 2006 2.4L Ion and I get about 29 mpg combined commuting.

I would guess that the drivetrain gearing, engine management computer
program, and transmission shift points in the Sky are probably
optimized for snappy acceleration, while the Ion is tuned for more
sedate and economical driving. But they both use what is basically the
same ecotec engine, with almost exactly the same hp rating.
Old August 9th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Love the discussion I've done a review on the Mazda RX-8 on my href=
"http://www.hydrogengineblog.com">Hydrogen Engine </a>Blog

Vehicles of 2010 may move only with hydrogen [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 July 18th 08 01:25 PM
Vehicles of 2010 may move only with hydrogen [email protected] Chrysler 0 July 18th 08 01:12 PM
Vehicles of 2010 may move only with hydrogen virig[_2_] Audi 0 July 18th 08 01:05 PM
hydrogen for nothing RichD Technology 88 March 4th 07 09:37 AM
Hydrogen car Peter Technology 60 September 12th 05 09:03 PM