Strange idle problem - Audi 100 2.2 1985

Old February 3rd 06, 06:47 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Strange idle problem - Audi 100 2.2 1985

Hey group

Well, having sorted the coolant leak problem (see earlier posts) by way of a
new water pump there's another strange thing, although it's not a major
problem; the car starts from cold and idles with absoulutely no problem at
all. Next thing, if we turn the motor off and the restart after a short
while then it won't idle at all - dies every time; other than this, the
engine runs perfectly....

There's no sign of a misfire and the engine sounds as good as any 5-cyl Audi
I've ever heard.

Any ideas?

--
Chris
: )

Old February 3rd 06, 02:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Chris,
Sounds like the ol' 5 cylinder hot start problem rearing it's ugly head.
There are a number of checks you can do - vacuum leaks/fuel delivery/spark -
they can be found at:
http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/tuning-cise.htm
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

. ..

Old February 4th 06, 06:14 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

is the re a way of posting to a newsgroup in jog format?

. ..

Old February 4th 06, 07:53 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

The message >
from "pdpass" > contains these words:

> is the re a way of posting to a newsgroup in jog format?

Is that like a picture that's gone all sweaty?

If you want to post a picture, put in on your website and post a link to it.

--
Skipweasel
Old February 7th 06, 06:49 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Guy King" > wrote in message
> The message >
> from "pdpass" > contains these words:
>
>> is the re a way of posting to a newsgroup in jog format?

> Is that like a picture that's gone all sweaty?
>
> If you want to post a picture, put in on your website and post a link to
> it.
>
> --
> Skipweasel
> Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Nice job. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about.

You can post pictures he
http://www.theimagehosting.com/
I like it because you don't have to sign up or anything. You just hit the
browse button and find your picture on your hard drive. Then they give you a
link can use. It's as simple as using tinyurl.com. Once the pic is uploaded
you have no control over it. Probably not good for personal stuff, but it's
great for getting a pic up for the newsgroups.

--Art