GTL: Needles on my guages gone

Old November 16th 05, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL: Needles on my guages gone

Don't know what happened, but all the needles are kaput...
Old November 16th 05, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

G. Patricks wrote:
> Don't know what happened, but all the needles are kaput...

When you say gone, have they disappeared or are they not moving? If the
latter try the 4 key which toggles between functioning and non
functioning needles.

Cheers
Tony
Old November 17th 05, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Gone! And the readout for the Lap Timer is gone too!

Going to try newer NVidea drivers, see what happens..

Old November 17th 05, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

get back in there!

it is the 3 or 4 key, some cockpits remove the needle if this key is hit
some freeze them.

Old November 17th 05, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

The instruments were probably made in China and simply fell apart.
Never buy cheap stuff....it's false economy, really.

BK

Old November 17th 05, 08:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

G. Patricks wrote:
> Gone! And the readout for the Lap Timer is gone too!
>
> Going to try newer NVidea drivers, see what happens..

There is an issue where 16bit colour stops the LCD, but you have
probably tried this. 32bit is fine. Shouldn't affect the needles though
so sounds a bit more involved!

Tony
Old November 17th 05, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Thanks, that was it! Why in the world would I want the ability to turn
off the guages and timer?

Thanks again, back to work on the RSR!
GP

>On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 02:02:48 GMT, "Sting32" > wrote:
>get back in there!
>
> it is the 3 or 4 key, some cockpits remove the needle if this key is hit
>some freeze them.
>
>G. Patricks wrote:
>> Gone! And the readout for the Lap Timer is gone too!
>>
>> Going to try newer NVidea drivers, see what happens..
>>
>>> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:39:26 GMT, Tony Rickard
>>>
>>> When you say gone, have they disappeared or are they not moving? If
>>> the
>>> latter try the 4 key which toggles between functioning and non
>>> functioning needles.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Tony

Old November 17th 05, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

G. Patricks > wrote in
:

> Thanks, that was it! Why in the world would I want the ability to turn
> off the guages and timer?
>
> Thanks again, back to work on the RSR!
> GP

my only GUESS and it's just that, would be for frame-rate
considerations. Other than that...it would be like removing
the steering wheel or driving behin....naw...lol...I
won't go there.

Don't know....have fun
dave henrie
Old November 17th 05, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

As I run with full realism and "assume" that redlining the motor for
each shift of a race may be detrimental I kind of need to see the tach
needle, just like real life... hehehe

Thanks
GP

:

Old November 18th 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Real racers dont use Tach's though (lol) the tach is used for pitting and
for diagnosis (teltale needles in them for like highest revs)... least of
the few (very few, by no means pro or seen on tv) racers I know tell me,
that in reality you dont have time to look at the tach, "you use your ears,
and your butt." of course once you have a little bit of "used to the car"
time. again not many racers I know drive let alone own what, 20 different
cars like I have in "my Garage in GTL... so feeling and hearing your way
around a track is albiet easier when you only have one car to learn,
hehehee.

G. Patricks enlightened us with:
> As I run with full realism and "assume" that redlining the motor for
> each shift of a race may be detrimental I kind of need to see the tach
> needle, just like real life... hehehe
>
> Thanks
> GP
>
>> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:41:05 -0600, Dave Henrie
>> > wrote: G. Patricks
>> > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Thanks, that was it! Why in the world would I want the ability to
>>> turn off the guages and timer?
>>>
>>> Thanks again, back to work on the RSR!
>>> GP
>>>

>> my only GUESS and it's just that, would be for frame-rate
>> considerations. Other than that...it would be like removing
>> the steering wheel or driving behin....naw...lol...I
>> won't go there.
>>
>> Don't know....have fun
>> dave henrie

99 cabrio weird problems: spinning meters/ guages + throttle sensor bettyellen VW water cooled 4 July 19th 05 11:18 PM
Dials (needles) disappeared in Escort mod V \fnugen\ Simulators 4 July 13th 05 11:41 AM
Tire Gauge? Elle Navorski Honda 25 January 29th 05 03:25 PM
Tire Gauge? Elle Navorski Technology 24 January 28th 05 05:23 PM
Installed heater and windshield wipers and now no guages... [email protected] Ford Mustang 4 January 2nd 05 07:15 PM