Repair manual for 2000

Old October 18th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bob Chappuis

Default Repair manual for 2000

I can find a repair manual (Haynes) for models thru 97 only. Is this of any use
on a 2000? Does anyone know of a repair manual for a 2000 other than the Factory
book?

Thanks
Old October 19th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Natman

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:29:16 -0500, Bob Chappuis >
wrote:

>I can find a repair manual (Haynes) for models thru 97 only. Is this of any use
>on a 2000? Does anyone know of a repair manual for a 2000 other than the Factory
>book?
>
>Thanks

There is none. Factory or nothing. Sorry.

The engine is considerably different from 97 to 2000.
Old October 19th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Natman wrote:

> There is none. Factory or nothing. Sorry.

There is a factory service manual for the 2000 Miata. It isn't cheap,
but it is available at the link below.

http://tinyurl.com/9pwcp

> The engine is considerably different from 97 to 2000.

There were changes, but my 1991 miata has a 1999 head bolted onto a 1994
block, so there are also a number of areas where the parts are compatible.

Pat

Old October 19th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Dana Rohleder

I got one from here on CD-ROM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda...QQcmdZViewItem

There are even some used hard-copy manuals currently available on eBay.
--
Boreal
2001 LS 6 speed Silver/tan, Sport Suspension w/hard rear sway bar

Old October 19th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bob Chappuis

Thanks

Old October 19th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Natman

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 05:09:20 GMT, pws > wrote:

>Natman wrote:
>
>> There is none. Factory or nothing. Sorry.

>There is a factory service manual for the 2000 Miata. It isn't cheap,
>but it is available at the link below.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/9pwcp
>
>> The engine is considerably different from 97 to 2000.

>There were changes, but my 1991 miata has a 1999 head bolted onto a 1994
>block, so there are also a number of areas where the parts are compatible.

Sure the engines are similar, but a 97 manual won't help when it comes
time to adjust the valves on a 99, for example.
Old October 19th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Natman wrote:

> Sure the engines are similar, but a 97 manual won't help when it comes
> time to adjust the valves on a 99, for example.

I was just pointing out that the engines do share many features as a
side remark.

The topic of the thread was a person looking for a repair manual for a
2000 Miata.
You stated that, "There is none. Factory or nothing. Sorry."
This is untrue, as I pointed out with a link to a very expensive Mazda
factory service manual for the 2000 Miata.

If service manuals were not available for the 1999+ miatas, we would
have seen a lot of complaints about it here.
I do seem to remember complaints about the price of the service manual,
but nothing about one not being available.
I am surprised that Haynes does not have one for the NB yet, I think
that they would do well.

I wish that someone would do a NB enthusiast's manual. I find this book
for the NA to be far more useful than a Haynes or the factory service
manual for almost everything I do to the miatas I work on, which are
mostly NA's.

Pat
Old October 20th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Natman

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:53:12 GMT, pws > wrote:

>Natman wrote:
>
>> Sure the engines are similar, but a 97 manual won't help when it comes
>> time to adjust the valves on a 99, for example.

>I was just pointing out that the engines do share many features as a
>side remark.
>
>The topic of the thread was a person looking for a repair manual for a
>2000 Miata.
>You stated that, "There is none. Factory or nothing. Sorry."
>This is untrue, as I pointed out with a link to a very expensive Mazda
>factory service manual for the 2000 Miata.

The phrase "There is none" refers to aftermarket manuals, such as
Haynes or Chilton. The phrase "Factory or nothing" means that there is
no alternative to the factory manual. I hope this clears things up.

>If service manuals were not available for the 1999+ miatas, we would
>have seen a lot of complaints about it here.
>I do seem to remember complaints about the price of the service manual,
>but nothing about one not being available.
>I am surprised that Haynes does not have one for the NB yet, I think
>that they would do well.
>
>I wish that someone would do a NB enthusiast's manual. I find this book
>for the NA to be far more useful than a Haynes or the factory service
>manual for almost everything I do to the miatas I work on, which are
>mostly NA's.

I agree. An NB version of the Enthusiast's Manual would be most
welcome.

Old October 20th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Natman wrote:

> The phrase "There is none" refers to aftermarket manuals, such as
> Haynes or Chilton. The phrase "Factory or nothing" means that there is
> no alternative to the factory manual. I hope this clears things up.

It sure does. If we had been talking in person instead of writing, I
probably would have picked up on it right away. :-)

Thanks,

Pat
Old October 29th 06, 09:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

The Chilton/Haynes are better than nothing-- The factory manuals for the MBs
can be gotten, but cost.
(And the factory manuals are not 100% accurate either, just a lot better
thant the Chilton/Haynes )
A major complaint concerning the factory manuals is that they rely on dealer
only tools and testers.

"pws" > wrote in message
> Natman wrote:
>
> > The phrase "There is none" refers to aftermarket manuals, such as
> > Haynes or Chilton. The phrase "Factory or nothing" means that there is
> > no alternative to the factory manual. I hope this clears things up.

> It sure does. If we had been talking in person instead of writing, I
> probably would have picked up on it right away. :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pat

Official Factory Repair Manual on CD-ROM BmanGman Audi 4 February 4th 07 06:32 PM
Repair Manual on CD-ROM BmanGman Audi 1 October 9th 06 08:29 PM
Parts manual for 67 Type 1 - not repair manual Derek Palmer VW air cooled 0 August 1st 06 11:39 PM
325iX Repair Manual Dean Dark BMW 0 February 18th 06 05:11 PM
!!! Volkswagen Golf 1 Repair manual Needed !!! help [email protected] VW water cooled 0 January 4th 05 07:34 AM