NAPA vs. Autozone vs. O'Reilly... price and quality?

Old March 18th 10, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default NAPA vs. Autozone vs. O'Reilly... price and quality?

Some neighbors next door to me have an older model Saturn and an older
model Chevrolet Lumina and an older model Jeep parked on the dirt in
their back yard.Two of those vehicles, the Chevrolet and the Jeep have
been sitting there for about a year, or more.Sooner or later, the city
is going to haul those vehicles off to the impound yard.I think the
Saturn car does run though.A year ago, their garbage can tipped over and
spilled some garbage onto my yard, he blamed it on me! They are the
reason about a year ago I had to build a fence along the side of my yard
to keep them from driving and parking on my yard.They 'think' they own
everything!
cuhulin

Old March 18th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

On Mar 18, 1:53*pm, "C. E. White" > wrote:
> "N8N" > wrote in message

> > Warm weather officially started Tuesday, at least here. *Time to go
> > shopping for a convertible...

> I feel your pain. I am trying to be responsible for once, but I am
> suffering from my wish I had a convertible itch. I haven't had one for
> over three years and I still miss them. I was thinking I could pick up
> a Saturn Sky cheap....

I think this bad boy would look OK with a little sawzall treatment,
whaddaya think?

http://members.cox.net/njnagel2/2008..._06_01_003.JPG

Too bad Studebaker never saw fit to offer a K-body convertible...

nate
Old March 19th 10, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I would like to find a good old Studebaker to fix up.I like the ones
that had the venetian blinds in the rear window.
cuhulin

Old September 4th 15, 10:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 9:29:16 AM UTC-7, /dev/phaeton wrote:
> Using online catalogues, i've priced out the parts to rebuild the
> front end on my truck. (In-store pricing might be slightly different)
> This will mean 2 upper control arm assys, 2 lower ball joints, control
> arm bushings all around, and inner and outer tie rod ends for both
> sides.
>
> At NAPA, it's about $450 for parts, at Autozone about $370, and
> O'Reilly will be just under $300. These are all using store-branded
> parts, not the generic (in NAPA's case) or Moog brand (in O'Reilly's
> case). Is there any significant reason for this, or any major quality
> differences? We're talking about a bunch of machined metal and
> rubber, not microcontrollers. For all I know they could all be made
> by the same contractor.
>
> Tempting as it it is, I see entire kits of everything listed above on
> eBay for under $100. They're generic names, but no more generic
> sounding to me than the store brands.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks.

I'm looking for an A/C condenser on my 2004 Chrysler Sebring. AutoZone for $162 O'Reilly's for $172 Napa for $241 Which is my best bet?
Old September 4th 15, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 9/4/2015 4:12 AM, wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 9:29:16 AM UTC-7, /dev/phaeton wrote:
>> Using online catalogues, i've priced out the parts to rebuild the
>> front end on my truck. (In-store pricing might be slightly different)
>> This will mean 2 upper control arm assys, 2 lower ball joints, control
>> arm bushings all around, and inner and outer tie rod ends for both
>> sides.
>>
>> At NAPA, it's about $450 for parts, at Autozone about $370, and
>> O'Reilly will be just under $300. These are all using store-branded
>> parts, not the generic (in NAPA's case) or Moog brand (in O'Reilly's
>> case). Is there any significant reason for this, or any major quality
>> differences? We're talking about a bunch of machined metal and
>> rubber, not microcontrollers. For all I know they could all be made
>> by the same contractor.
>>
>> Tempting as it it is, I see entire kits of everything listed above on
>> eBay for under $100. They're generic names, but no more generic
>> sounding to me than the store brands.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks.

> I'm looking for an A/C condenser on my 2004 Chrysler Sebring. AutoZone for $162 O'Reilly's for $172 Napa for $241 Which is my best bet?

Rockauto.com
Old September 8th 15, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 11:13:01 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 9:29:16 AM UTC-7, /dev/phaeton wrote:
> > Using online catalogues, i've priced out the parts to rebuild the
> > front end on my truck. (In-store pricing might be slightly different)
> > This will mean 2 upper control arm assys, 2 lower ball joints, control
> > arm bushings all around, and inner and outer tie rod ends for both
> > sides.
> >
> > At NAPA, it's about $450 for parts, at Autozone about $370, and
> > O'Reilly will be just under $300. These are all using store-branded
> > parts, not the generic (in NAPA's case) or Moog brand (in O'Reilly's
> > case). Is there any significant reason for this, or any major quality
> > differences? We're talking about a bunch of machined metal and
> > rubber, not microcontrollers. For all I know they could all be made
> > by the same contractor.
> >
> > Tempting as it it is, I see entire kits of everything listed above on
> > eBay for under $100. They're generic names, but no more generic
> > sounding to me than the store brands.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks.

> I'm looking for an A/C condenser on my 2004 Chrysler Sebring. AutoZone for $162 O'Reilly's for $172 Napa for $241 Which is my best bet?

Your best bet is to buy all three, compare them, keep the best one, and return the others. You might want to also buy the condenser from the dealer and also a $60 part from eBay. My guess is that they'll be pretty much the same. Please be the guinea pig and find out if this is really true.

Old January 6th 16, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I just ant to say that it is very important. Would you buy cheap parts on ebay?