Good GM/Bad GM

Old April 19th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm
Canuck57[_2_]

Default Good GM/Bad GM

"Clams Canino" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message news-
>
>> Yep, the Gods you elected and it is still a "loan". Yes, I expected
>> them to pay it back until the government decided they should run it,
>> can you say POSTOFFICE, they do well running that, don't they.

> Only if you consider that it's operated at a loos more years than at a
> profit. If you define that as doing well -- you outta run GM.
>
> -W

And from what I read about VW, GM is now #3, not #1 or #2. #3 and falling.
VW and Toyota are now in the race for #1.

Old April 19th 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Comments4u > wrote in
:

> That leaves Chevrolet and Cadillac as the "least bad". Can they
> survive?
>
> Interestingly, both are highly truck oriented brands,

Cadillac sells trucks huh? Have you ever even seen a truck, you idiot.
Old April 19th 09, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm
Canuck57[_2_]

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message .70...
> Comments4u > wrote in
> :
>

>> That leaves Chevrolet and Cadillac as the "least bad". Can they
>> survive?
>>
>> Interestingly, both are highly truck oriented brands,

> Cadillac sells trucks huh? Have you ever even seen a truck, you idiot.

Going to have fun with this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/3...e3b17c.jpg?v=0

A sissy (but real) version:

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/....jsp?model=ext

Old April 19th 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm
Dad[_1_]

"Canuck57" > wrote in message
news

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> news
Snip
> You were saying how wonderful government health care was going to
> be, perhaps I misread. Maybe you were being sarcastic?

Maybe? You really do catch on slowly. Have another beer.

Old April 19th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Clams Canino

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message

> Cadillac sells trucks huh? Have you ever even seen a truck, you idiot.

Caddy has a "high end" SUV that's been gropwing in sales every year.

-W

Old April 19th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
necromancer - ECHM[_2_]

SFB spewed:

:

Ever hear of the Cadillac Escalade, you ****ing moron?

--
S&DDAM admits to being drunk and to possible drunk driving by way of
a sentence with the poor grammar of the double negative:

"I ain't not never been drunk none in my life. "

--Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS," a.k.a. LBMHB, lb-VH,
Pride of America, aunt millie, Judy Diariya etc...
May 1, 2007, 1331 hrs EDT

Ref: http://snipurl.com/1j04u
Message ID: et
Old April 19th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Nate Nagel[_2_]

necromancer - ECHM wrote:
> SFB spewed:
>
>> Comments4u > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> That leaves Chevrolet and Cadillac as the "least bad". Can they
>>> survive?
>>>
>>> Interestingly, both are highly truck oriented brands,

>> Cadillac sells trucks huh? Have you ever even seen a truck, you idiot.

> Ever hear of the Cadillac Escalade, you ****ing moron?

I can't remember the last time I saw a recent Cadillac that wasn't some
flavor of truck. Sad.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old April 19th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Andrew Chaplin

"John David Galt" > wrote in message
> Comments4u wrote:
>> Recent Obama Administration statements indicate a willingness to try to
>> save some of GM, but not all of it, an obvious solution for a company so
>> buried in debt, bad products, obsolete factories, and legacy costs that aid
>> for the whole would mean subsidies to the end of time. The bad parts would
>> be liquidated; the good parts would be helped. But that raises the
>> question of how to tell the good from the bad, or, perhaps more accurately,
>> the really bad from the not quite so bad.

> That's easy. Declare GM bankrupt. The parts that get bought at auction
> by other car companies are the good parts.

At this point, I think that's the only logical way to proceed.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old April 19th 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Andrew Chaplin wrote:
> "John David Galt" > wrote in message
>> Comments4u wrote:
>>> Recent Obama Administration statements indicate a willingness to try to
>>> save some of GM, but not all of it, an obvious solution for a company so
>>> buried in debt, bad products, obsolete factories, and legacy costs that aid
>>> for the whole would mean subsidies to the end of time. The bad parts would
>>> be liquidated; the good parts would be helped. But that raises the
>>> question of how to tell the good from the bad, or, perhaps more accurately,
>>> the really bad from the not quite so bad.

>> That's easy. Declare GM bankrupt. The parts that get bought at auction
>> by other car companies are the good parts.

> At this point, I think that's the only logical way to proceed.

Well, the only companies in a position to buy are foreign, so that means
that likely only the actual plants that aren't to out of date would be
bought.

nate

Old April 19th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
John David Galt