Hud display fading and CD error

Old August 26th 04, 03:11 AM
Josh

Default Hud display fading and CD error

Hello.

I have a 2000 A6 2.7T and am experiencing two annoying problems.

The HUD display fading out in the warmer weather. Is this a common problem.?

My in dash CD changer is reading Err 01 when I put in a disk.

Any help is appreciated.

Old August 26th 04, 08:33 AM
Mike

> The HUD display fading out in the warmer weather. Is this a common
problem.?

What do you mean by 'HUD'? My DIS display (between the two dials on a TT)
fades out towards the sides in particularly warm weather.

Mike

Old August 26th 04, 11:08 AM
kenny

"Josh" > schreef in bericht
k.net...
> Hello.
>
> I have a 2000 A6 2.7T and am experiencing two annoying problems.
>
> The HUD display fading out in the warmer weather. Is this a common

problem.?

> My in dash CD changer is reading Err 01 when I put in a disk.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Hi, i have the same problem on my 2000 A4 1.9 TDI

I have a concert system, i think that the errors are from using copied
discs. (i only have a 6 disc cd changer in the trunk)

the HUD display fading from the left side with warm weather, i don't know
the cause of that. I already asked my dealer and he told me to replace the
whole display, unfortanately this is very expensive.

kind regards

Old August 26th 04, 06:24 PM
JP Roberts

Same fading on my trip computer display. Let me know if you guys find out a
cheaper solution than to replace the whole dashboard.

This is a problem that should be covered by Audi as it's very frequent and
can only be attributed to bad quality manufacturing components and or
materials.

JP Roberts

Old August 27th 04, 06:53 AM
JPB357

This is a common error in home made CDs. What I do is burn them at a very
low speed such as 4X or 8X and they will work fine. Above that burn speed
I start getting error messages.

k.net...

Old August 27th 04, 02:25 PM
JP Roberts

Disk errors also happen regardless of CD quality. A typical situation is
when you hit a bumpy road, then the lens goes mad. Sometimes, when I still
had the old, presumably "Bose", but-in-fact Panasonic CD player, getting off
the car and ejecting and reinserting the CD box would solve the problem.
Alternatively, it may also be a temporary condensation problem; in that
case, waiting is the answer.

JP Roberts

Old August 27th 04, 03:14 PM
Kyle Tucker

In article t>,
"Josh" > writes:
> Hello.
>
> I have a 2000 A6 2.7T and am experiencing two annoying problems.
> The HUD display fading out in the warmer weather. Is this a common problem.?

I have a 2000 A4 and my panel is starting to loose luminesence is spots
as times.

> My in dash CD changer is reading Err 01 when I put in a disk.

My player gets errors as soon as it seemingly heats up. I get to
play about 1 CD or less and then the errors start and I can't play
another one until the next time the car sits for an extended period.
I don't recall if it says ERR 01 or CD ERR or CD ERR01 as I haven't
even tried in a couple months being so frustrated with it.

--
- Kyle