car fax and condition request

Old March 20th 13, 01:05 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ralphee

Default car fax and condition request

I looked at an 04 stored outside car.. 17k miles. sucked. seats were shot. engine corrosion, rotors rusty etc. I walked.

today I found a beutiful red (the metallic one, not fire engine) with custom exhaust, k&m cold air induction. seats were great etc.

I look for perfect car fax and this has 2 issues. \
one.. mileage is down every year or so.
one year says like 29K the next year says 131K then it says right after that 31K he told me he had to have the car reinspected because they put a 1 down in front of the 31K. I see the car. it obviously has the 34K miles.

second was accident. he has the damage report and repair receipts. front side panel. no mechanical or suspension..

also has a short shift which is good. .i guess.. I found the throws great and short.. but definitely notchy.

car rode as it should. sounded good.

So what do you think about the accident and car fax.

Old March 20th 13, 04:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Unquestionably Confused

On 3/19/2013 7:05 PM, ralphee wrote:
> I looked at an 04 stored outside car.. 17k miles. sucked. seats were shot. engine corrosion, rotors rusty etc. I walked.
>
> today I found a beutiful red (the metallic one, not fire engine) with custom exhaust, k&m cold air induction. seats were great etc.
>
> I look for perfect car fax and this has 2 issues. \
> one.. mileage is down every year or so.
> one year says like 29K the next year says 131K then it says right after that 31K he told me he had to have the car reinspected because they put a 1 down in front of the 31K. I see the car. it obviously has the 34K miles.
> second was accident. he has the damage report and repair receipts. front side panel. no mechanical or suspension..

Is it more likely that he put 102,000 miles on the car and conspired
with somebody at the DMV to alter the records or more likely that the
DMV drones screwed up and then corrected the official record as soon as
he discovered their mistake?

> also has a short shift which is good. .i guess.. I found the throws great and short.. but definitely notchy.

You like the shift? It'll grow on you and the notchiness will fade

> car rode as it should. sounded good.

Okay

> So what do you think about the accident and car fax.

What do YOU think about the accident? If you've examined the car and
the receipts covering the repair you have a much better handle on this
that anyone here.

What were the questions again?