Possible to have 15" tires on Camry 2007?

Old August 21st 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
cimetiere

Default Possible to have 15" tires on Camry 2007?

Hi! I own a Camry 2007 which has a 16" michelin tires on it. Since I had
previously a Camry 2002 with brand new winter tires on it, however, 15"
only, I was told that it is possible to buy 15" rims and put my 15" tires on
it. Would this fit my 2007 Camry? Is it something you would not recommend
me or is this ok? Any advise?

Many thanks!!

Daniel
http://perso.dromadaire.com/cimetiere/spirituel.html
http://perso.dromadaire.com/cimetiere/psychophilo.html

Old August 21st 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
morticide

cimetiere wrote:
> Hi! I own a Camry 2007 which has a 16" michelin tires on it. Since I had
> previously a Camry 2002 with brand new winter tires on it, however, 15"
> only, I was told that it is possible to buy 15" rims and put my 15" tires on
> it. Would this fit my 2007 Camry? Is it something you would not recommend
> me or is this ok? Any advise?
>
> Many thanks!!

> Daniel
> http://perso.dromadaire.com/cimetiere/spirituel.html
> http://perso.dromadaire.com/cimetiere/psychophilo.html

If buying the rims, just be sure to get the width right for the tires.
Most tire shops and rim dealers should set you up right.

Also be sure the outside diameter of the tires for the 15" rims are the
same (or fairly close) to the ones on the existing 16" rims. Otherwise
it would affect fuel mileage and the accuracy of the speedometer.

Old August 21st 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

"cimetiere" > wrote
> Hi! I own a Camry 2007 which has a 16" michelin tires on it. Since I had
> previously a Camry 2002 with brand new winter tires on it, however, 15"
> only, I was told that it is possible to buy 15" rims and put my 15" tires
> on
> it. Would this fit my 2007 Camry? Is it something you would not
> recommend
> me or is this ok? Any advise?

If you have a set of 4 tires, you *might* be able to buy a set of 4 rims and
put them on. It appears that all new Camrys come with 16" rims (older
models had 15 or 16 depending upon trim/model). So it depends upon
whether they kept the same bolt pattern and wheel offsets, and if your
15" tires are the same overall diameter as the new 16" tires.

I'd call tirerack.com and talk to them.

FloydR

Old August 21st 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
C. E. White[_1_]

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message
> "cimetiere" > wrote
>> Hi! I own a Camry 2007 which has a 16" michelin tires on it. Since I
>> had
>> previously a Camry 2002 with brand new winter tires on it, however, 15"
>> only, I was told that it is possible to buy 15" rims and put my 15" tires
>> on
>> it. Would this fit my 2007 Camry? Is it something you would not
>> recommend
>> me or is this ok? Any advise?

> If you have a set of 4 tires, you *might* be able to buy a set of 4 rims
> and
> put them on. It appears that all new Camrys come with 16" rims (older
> models had 15 or 16 depending upon trim/model). So it depends upon
> whether they kept the same bolt pattern and wheel offsets, and if your
> 15" tires are the same overall diameter as the new 16" tires.
>
> I'd call tirerack.com and talk to them.
>
> FloydR

Hvve the brakes been resized so that they won't fit in the smaller wheels?

Ed