Car entertainment system.

Old December 24th 04, 11:05 PM
Antonio MichaelDe Palma

Default Car entertainment system.

Hi everyone!... just taking the occasion to wish you all
a happy xmas and a fantastic 2005.
It is said that we should be all more generous during
the xmas period, well I have donated my car's sound system.
In fact, I had it stolen from my alfa 156. I suppose I had to expect it
I fitted in a DvD system with a powerful set of speakers and relative
amplification. I didn't bother fitting an antitheft system in the car
because I used to live
in a quite secure area with my own garage. Now that I've moved to a more
central area
I have to park outside my house, and after only a couple of months, the car
has become
an excellent target to go after.
I'm about to get an antitheft system fitted but I would like some advice on
what make
and model can help me to sleep more during the night. )

If anyone would like some pix of how the system looked, just ask for them.

Tony (Italy)
Alfa 156 1.9jtd

Old December 24th 04, 11:48 PM
Antonio Michael De Palma

Please ask for photos in the Newsgroup, I won't be able to receive
e-mails.

Tony (Italy)
Alfa 156 1.9jtd

Old December 25th 04, 12:37 AM
Catman

Antonio MichaelDe Palma wrote:

> Hi everyone!... just taking the occasion to wish you all
> a happy xmas and a fantastic 2005.

And to you

> It is said that we should be all more generous during
> the xmas period, well I have donated my car's sound system.
> In fact, I had it stolen from my alfa 156. I suppose I had to expect it
> I fitted in a DvD system with a powerful set of speakers and relative
> amplification. I didn't bother fitting an antitheft system in the car
> because I used to live
> in a quite secure area with my own garage. Now that I've moved to a more
> central area
> I have to park outside my house, and after only a couple of months, the
> car has become
> an excellent target to go after.
> I'm about to get an antitheft system fitted but I would like some advice
> on what make
> and model can help me to sleep more during the night. )

I have a Metasytem alarm / immobiliser in my Giulietta. Seems pretty good,
but whether it would actually stop anyone is another matter......

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 26th 04, 12:56 PM
Mr.Parol

Antonio conosci il club Alfasport?
Magari qualcuno puņ darti una mano....
Vai sul forum!!!!
Ciao!!

Carollo 2.4 JTD - Socio 0017
CLUB ALFASPORT
www.alfasport.net
1999 A.R. 156 2.4 JTD Azzurro Fantasia
Trento - Trentino A.A.

Old December 26th 04, 01:19 PM
Zathras

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:37:51 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

<Snip>
>I have a Metasytem alarm / immobiliser in my Giulietta. Seems pretty good,
>but whether it would actually stop anyone is another matter......

I've wondered about this for some time..but does anyone actually ever
steal Alfas? I've never heard of one! A half decent immobiliser will
stop a joyrider. I suppose the next owner of mine will be stealing it
from me but that's just the cr@p Alfa residuals!!

Hope you had a good Christmas and have a good New Year etc etc.. I was
working AND had the Mother-In-Law to stay. 8-(

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old December 26th 04, 03:48 PM
Zathras

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:56:40 GMT, "Mr.Parol" >
wrote:

<snip>
>Azzurro Fantasia

...il mio colore preferito!
Ciao!

Old December 27th 04, 10:54 AM
Catman

Zathras wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:37:51 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>>I have a Metasytem alarm / immobiliser in my Giulietta. Seems pretty
>>good, but whether it would actually stop anyone is another matter......

> I've wondered about this for some time..but does anyone actually ever
> steal Alfas? I've never heard of one! A half decent immobiliser will
> stop a joyrider. I suppose the next owner of mine will be stealing it
> from me but that's just the cr@p Alfa residuals!!

I dunno about stealing, but there have been plety broken into. My 75 for
example, has a rogered passenger lock cos of (I assume) a
scrote+screwdriver scenario.

I always try to park next to something more 'desireable' as well. Adn I
*have* to set the alarm, cos we have no external locks on the Giulietta,
and it's the only way to lock it

> Hope you had a good Christmas and have a good New Year etc etc.. I was
> working AND had the Mother-In-Law to stay. 8-(

Yippeee

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

147 "Motor Control System Failure" - Problem Juan Tanameara Alfa Romeo 0 December 19th 04 08:40 PM
156 Alarm System Martyn Alfa Romeo 0 October 18th 04 01:53 AM
Evans NPG+ cooling system... Jacopo Alfa Romeo 0 June 22nd 04 04:35 PM