CJ8 front springs & stabilizer bar removal

Old July 2nd 04, 01:04 AM
Michael Pomeroy

Default CJ8 front springs & stabilizer bar removal

Got the replacement rear springs on. Not without incident and I'll report
later when project is completed.

Now the front -- old spring is off and new spring is in place.

But I cannot remove the top connecting link pin holding the connecting link
to the stabilizer bar!

The instructions that came with the lift kit just say to "remove" it. The
actual CJ shop manual indicates the same thing and seems to show it in a
diagram as a sort of sleeved bolt (calls it a "connecting link pin").

I cannot get the new spring mounted in place until I get this connecting
link pin removed. I'm stuck; dead in the water.

How do I do this -- help please ....

Thanks.

Mike

Old July 5th 04, 05:01 PM
burntkat

sawzall?

BFH and attitude problem?

cutting torch?

"Michael Pomeroy" > wrote in message
> Got the replacement rear springs on. Not without incident and I'll report
> later when project is completed.
>
> Now the front -- old spring is off and new spring is in place.
>
> But I cannot remove the top connecting link pin holding the connecting

link
> to the stabilizer bar!
>
> The instructions that came with the lift kit just say to "remove" it. The
> actual CJ shop manual indicates the same thing and seems to show it in a
> diagram as a sort of sleeved bolt (calls it a "connecting link pin").
>
> I cannot get the new spring mounted in place until I get this connecting
> link pin removed. I'm stuck; dead in the water.
>
> How do I do this -- help please ....
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

88 Suzuki - Front end problem xyzzy 4x4 14 March 13th 04 07:43 PM
Q:Right-Lock lockers Zenteren 4x4 16 January 16th 04 08:57 AM
Hum/Vibration in front of of '95 Explorer Mr. Knowitall 4x4 0 December 17th 03 11:28 PM