Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

Old April 18th 09, 05:40 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124091

I agree that the Accord is still the gold standard, hard to beat in
the midsize group. The new GM Hydramatic 6T/6L series is a very good
transmission, but Malibu's ergonomics need a few iterations, like the
way of Cadillac CTS. I wouldn't get the old 4-speed and certainly
didn't care for the low slanting windshield. Sure, Camry sells more
because it's always been the cheapest in this group. It's adequate but
you also get what you paid for. I guess Toyota doesn't build them like
they used to.

1st Place: 2008 Honda Accord LX-P
2nd Place: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
3rd Place: 2007 Toyota Camry LE
Old April 18th 09, 07:26 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Canuck57[_2_]

> wrote in message
> http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124091
>
> I agree that the Accord is still the gold standard, hard to beat in
> the midsize group. The new GM Hydramatic 6T/6L series is a very good
> transmission, but Malibu's ergonomics need a few iterations, like the
> way of Cadillac CTS. I wouldn't get the old 4-speed and certainly
> didn't care for the low slanting windshield. Sure, Camry sells more
> because it's always been the cheapest in this group. It's adequate but
> you also get what you paid for. I guess Toyota doesn't build them like
> they used to.
>
> 1st Place: 2008 Honda Accord LX-P
> 2nd Place: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
> 3rd Place: 2007 Toyota Camry LE

I test drove an Accord once, very nice ride. Didn't buy it as back then you
couldn't get leather without a sunroof, and I needed the headroom. A friend
owns a Camry, and will not part with it. Sister in-law owns a Malibu, can't
get anything for it.

Old April 18th 09, 08:01 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
sharx35

> wrote in message
> http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124091
>
> I agree that the Accord is still the gold standard, hard to beat in
> the midsize group. The new GM Hydramatic 6T/6L series is a very good
> transmission, but Malibu's ergonomics need a few iterations, like the
> way of Cadillac CTS. I wouldn't get the old 4-speed and certainly
> didn't care for the low slanting windshield. Sure, Camry sells more
> because it's always been the cheapest in this group. It's adequate but
> you also get what you paid for. I guess Toyota doesn't build them like
> they used to.
>
> 1st Place: 2008 Honda Accord LX-P
> 2nd Place: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
> 3rd Place: 2007 Toyota Camry LE

Bull****. Up here Honda is the car for ricers and other Asian gang members.
It ride too rough and is too noisy. HELL will freeze over before I buy one.
I will keep an eye on the Malibu, though.

Old April 18th 09, 10:07 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Sharx35 wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124091
>>
>> I agree that the Accord is still the gold standard, hard to beat in
>> the midsize group. The new GM Hydramatic 6T/6L series is a very good
>> transmission, but Malibu's ergonomics need a few iterations, like the
>> way of Cadillac CTS. I wouldn't get the old 4-speed and certainly
>> didn't care for the low slanting windshield. Sure, Camry sells more
>> because it's always been the cheapest in this group. It's adequate but
>> you also get what you paid for. I guess Toyota doesn't build them like
>> they used to.
>>
>> 1st Place: 2008 Honda Accord LX-P
>> 2nd Place: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
>> 3rd Place: 2007 Toyota Camry LE

> Bull****. Up here Honda is the car for ricers and other Asian gang
> members. It ride too rough and is too noisy. HELL will freeze over
> before I buy one. I will keep an eye on the Malibu, though.

Rides too rough? You'd hate a real sports car. Most cars seem to pitch
and wallow excessively to me.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old April 18th 09, 10:19 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
sharx35

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> Sharx35 wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124091
>>>
>>> I agree that the Accord is still the gold standard, hard to beat in
>>> the midsize group. The new GM Hydramatic 6T/6L series is a very good
>>> transmission, but Malibu's ergonomics need a few iterations, like the
>>> way of Cadillac CTS. I wouldn't get the old 4-speed and certainly
>>> didn't care for the low slanting windshield. Sure, Camry sells more
>>> because it's always been the cheapest in this group. It's adequate but
>>> you also get what you paid for. I guess Toyota doesn't build them like
>>> they used to.
>>>
>>> 1st Place: 2008 Honda Accord LX-P
>>> 2nd Place: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
>>> 3rd Place: 2007 Toyota Camry LE

>> Bull****. Up here Honda is the car for ricers and other Asian gang
>> members. It ride too rough and is too noisy. HELL will freeze over before
>> I buy one. I will keep an eye on the Malibu, though.

> Rides too rough? You'd hate a real sports car. Most cars seem to pitch
> and wallow excessively to me.
>
> nate
>
> --
> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
> http://members.cox.net/njnagel

4 cyl. Camrys certainly suffered from that, at one time. However, my 6 cyl.
99 Japanese make Camry doesn't pitch and/or wallow.
If I WANTED a sports car I would NOT buy any Honda product.

Old April 18th 09, 10:19 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
sharx35

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article <NrpGl.22730$Db2.12450@edtnps83>,
> "Sharx35" > wrote:
>
>> > you also get what you paid for. I guess Toyota doesn't build them like
>> > they used to.
>> >
>> > 1st Place: 2008 Honda Accord LX-P
>> > 2nd Place: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
>> > 3rd Place: 2007 Toyota Camry LE

>> Bull****. Up here Honda is the car for ricers and other Asian gang
>> members.

> Bull****. Accords aren't. Civics are.

Same dif. A ricer is a ricer is a ricer.

Old April 18th 09, 11:40 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
sharx35

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message

>> > Bull****. Accords aren't. Civics are.

>> Same dif. A ricer is a ricer is a ricer.

> Just like a Corvette is a Chevette.

Both put together, resulting in junk.

Old April 19th 09, 12:30 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"Sharx35" > wrote in

> If I WANTED a sports car I would NOT buy any Honda product.

Then what would you buy in the same price range as an equivalent Honda
product?

--
Tegger

Old April 19th 09, 12:39 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"Sharx35" > wrote in

> > wrote in message
> ..
> .
>> http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124091
>>
>> I agree that the Accord is still the gold standard, hard to beat in
>> the midsize group. The new GM Hydramatic 6T/6L series is a very good
>> transmission, but Malibu's ergonomics need a few iterations, like the
>> way of Cadillac CTS. I wouldn't get the old 4-speed and certainly
>> didn't care for the low slanting windshield. Sure, Camry sells more
>> because it's always been the cheapest in this group. It's adequate
>> but you also get what you paid for. I guess Toyota doesn't build them
>> like they used to.
>>
>> 1st Place: 2008 Honda Accord LX-P
>> 2nd Place: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
>> 3rd Place: 2007 Toyota Camry LE

> Bull****. Up here Honda is the car for ricers and other Asian gang
> members. It ride too rough and is too noisy. HELL will freeze over
> before I buy one. I will keep an eye on the Malibu, though.

Ricers go for Civics and Integras/RSX's, not Accords.

I own what I am certain must be the world's very last unmodified and
unmolested '91 Integra hatch. Every other one I see has been slammed and
aftermarketed and and riced-out past any sort of logic or reason. Bleah.

Accords are one of those kinds of cars that are everywhere for 15 years,
then they turn into "I haven't seen one of those in ages!" cars. Kinda like
a Plymouth Volare, but better made.

--
Tegger

Old April 19th 09, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
sharx35

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> "Sharx35" > wrote in
>

>> If I WANTED a sports car I would NOT buy any Honda product.
>>

> Then what would you buy in the same price range as an equivalent Honda
> product?
>

> --
> Tegger

Hmmm. My Camry is only ten years old so I won't be in the market for at
least another SEVEN years. Hypothetically, though, instead of the 99CE 6
cyl. I have, I might go for a new, closer to the top of the line Camry. To
me, Honda is overpriced.