2003 Pilot EGR P0401

Old March 20th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2003 Pilot EGR P0401

Of course it always a day late.

My 2003 Pilot is giving an EGR failure. We found out about the 80,000
warranty but I am at 82,500 and the dealership/Honda says sorry, we
will fix it for a price ($300).

I have seen lot of discussion about the older Accords and one comment
about the Pilot should not have the same problems as the ports were
enlarged. I do know that a TSB was published in 2005 on the Pilot and
the EGR but I do not know what it says.

Does anyone have the TSB so that I can correct this error.

Old March 21st 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

wrote in news:1174426235.648372.211370
@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> Of course it always a day late.
>
> My 2003 Pilot is giving an EGR failure. We found out about the 80,000
> warranty but I am at 82,500 and the dealership/Honda says sorry, we
> will fix it for a price ($300).

EGR is not covered by the 80K federal warranty, only by your car's
drivetrain warranty. Some people with good relationships with their dealer
are getting the fix for free even though the car is out of warranty.

> I have seen lot of discussion about the older Accords and one comment
> about the Pilot should not have the same problems as the ports were
> enlarged. I do know that a TSB was published in 2005 on the Pilot and
> the EGR but I do not know what it says.
>
> Does anyone have the TSB so that I can correct this error.

Go he
http://search.ebscohost.com/

Login with
username: lib
password: access

Choose Auto Repair Reference Center from menu at left.

Navigate to your car, then to the "Emissions Controls/Vacuum Hoses"
section.

This is a long TSB covering several models with this problem, so make
certain you follow the portions relevant to your vehicle.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old March 22nd 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

Call Honda customer service and complain. Many have got it covered that way.
The number should be in your owners manual.

oups.com...

Old April 19th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
OldRoads

You'll find summaries of Honda Pilot TSBs he
http://autosmash.com/tsb/TSB_HONDA_PILOT.html

On Mar 21, 7:20 pm, "Woody" > wrote:
> Call Honda customer service and complain. Many have got it covered that way.
> The number should be in your owners manual.
>
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > Of course it always a day late.

> > My 2003 Pilot is giving an EGR failure. We found out about the 80,000
> > warranty but I am at 82,500 and the dealership/Honda says sorry, we
> > will fix it for a price ($300).

> > I have seen lot of discussion about the older Accords and one comment
> > about the Pilot should not have the same problems as the ports were
> > enlarged. I do know that aTSBwas published in 2005 on the Pilot and
> > the EGR but I do not know what it says.

> > Does anyone have theTSBso that I can correct this error.- Hide quoted text -

2003 honda pilot transmission noise ben[_2_] Honda 1 September 17th 06 01:20 AM
FS: 2003 Honda Pilot LX Kevin Strasser Honda 0 September 8th 06 09:18 PM
I bought a 2003 Pilot LX Rocky Honda 1 August 17th 05 04:30 PM
2003 Pilot Clunking Calipers John Casey Honda 11 February 12th 05 04:50 PM
2003 Honda Pilot - battery dies Lori A. Campoli Honda 12 November 29th 04 02:43 PM