Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

Old March 8th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

Default Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:52:23 -0600,
(Brent P) puked:

>In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
>> Hemi Cuda will appear.

>How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?

Ever heard of a Plymouth Neon? I'll never forget seeing one parked
right next to a Dodge Neon and doing a double take...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old March 8th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
>> Hemi Cuda will appear.

> How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?

If I were D-C I would rebrand it a Dodge in a second. There's too much
marketing power behind the name to ignore, IMO. Much more than the name
Challenger. Would you really care if it were a Dodge or a Plymouth Hemi
Cuda with 450+ hp? I sure wouldn't.
Old March 8th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>> In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
>>> Hemi Cuda will appear.

>> How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?

> If I were D-C I would rebrand it a Dodge in a second. There's too much
> marketing power behind the name to ignore, IMO. Much more than the name
> Challenger. Would you really care if it were a Dodge or a Plymouth Hemi
> Cuda with 450+ hp? I sure wouldn't.

Marketing power will fall off with only part of the name. I don't think
'Ford Cougar' would work in grabing the power of the name.

If they wouldn't care if was called a plymouth they wouldn't care if was
called a Cuda either. It could be the Dodge Coelacanth....
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/InNews...toric2006.html

Old March 8th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Joe wrote:

>> If they wouldn't care if was called a plymouth they wouldn't care if
>> was called a Cuda either. It could be the Dodge Coelacanth....
>> http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/InNews...toric2006.html

> "'Cuda" means everything; Plymouth is simply not a factor.

Probably close to what the marketeers thought about GTO over at GM.

Old March 8th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Joe wrote:
>
>>> If they wouldn't care if was called a plymouth they wouldn't care if
>>> was called a Cuda either. It could be the Dodge Coelacanth....
>>> http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/InNews...toric2006.html

>> "'Cuda" means everything; Plymouth is simply not a factor.

> Probably close to what the marketeers thought about GTO over at GM.

It wasn't the name that killed the GTO it was the car they put it on.
If D-C markets a Hemi Cuda worthy of the name it will sell regardless of
whether it is a Dodge or Plymouth. Like Joe said, I don't remember
hearing Plymouth Hemi Cuda much just Hemi Cuda.
Old March 8th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Brent P" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article <0hYHh.21274$as.2043@trnddc04>, My Name Is Nobody wrote:
>>
>> "Brent P" > wrote in message

>>> How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?
>>>

>> Well you could start selling a DODGE Hemi Cuda. They were always the
>> same
>> thing anyway...

> That would be a challenger.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Barracuda

My point was it is a Chrysler, who really cares... :-)

Old March 8th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Brent P" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article >, Michael
> Johnson wrote:
>> Brent P wrote:

>>> How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?

>> If I were D-C I would rebrand it a Dodge in a second. There's too much
>> marketing power behind the name to ignore, IMO. Much more than the name
>> Challenger. Would you really care if it were a Dodge or a Plymouth Hemi
>> Cuda with 450+ hp? I sure wouldn't.

> Marketing power will fall off with only part of the name. I don't think
> 'Ford Cougar' would work in grabing the power of the name.
>
> If they wouldn't care if was called a plymouth they wouldn't care if was
> called a Cuda either. It could be the Dodge Coelacanth....
> http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/InNews...toric2006.html

I disagree...

Old March 8th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Joe" > wrote in message
>I guess it's both bad and good news...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ypofdq

Hello?
Someone needs to tell George Pipas, Ford Motor Co.'s top sales analyst to
make more damn Shelby GT500's and sell them at MSRP!