2001 mustang convertible

Old February 13th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
len rominger

Default 2001 mustang convertible

I have a 2001 mustang convertible that drips water from the fold near the
back window. Took it into the shop and they said when water sits in the fold
after a number of years it has rotted the fabric. To fix it, requires new
fabric which has the rear window attached for about $1000 plus labor. Has
anyone had this problem, is there an after market part or a quick fix?
Thanks
Len

Old February 13th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnV@nn

On Feb 12, 7:41 pm, "len rominger" > wrote:
> I have a 2001 mustang convertible that drips water from the fold near the
> back window. Took it into the shop and they said when water sits in the fold
> after a number of years it has rotted the fabric. To fix it, requires new
> fabric which has the rear window attached for about $1000 plus labor. Has
> anyone had this problem, is there an after market part or a quick fix?
> Thanks
> Len

You can replace the whole top for under $200 if you install it
yourself. Check 50resto.com

John

2001 Mustang Bobby Ford Mustang 2 December 7th 06 02:39 AM
2001 mustang convertible rear window leak len rominger Ford Mustang 1 August 29th 06 01:34 PM
Convertible top on 93 mustang Lori Ford Mustang 0 May 7th 06 11:48 PM
WTB: 98-2001 Convertible SO CALIFORNIA redranger69 Corvette 0 December 4th 05 10:30 PM
2001 Mustang headlight issue Tim Mayberry Ford Mustang 4 June 25th 05 05:02 AM