90 GT having window problems....

Old November 29th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 90 GT having window problems....

HI all,

I am having trouble with my power window (passenger side) on my 90 GT.
I have just reaplced the window motor after it stopped working a while
ago. I replaced the motor with a remanufactured one from Napa. The
window was working fine for a while and then just stopped working again
(luckily in the UP position). I am not sure where to start, hoping
that it is not an electrical problem, but not sure what to check first.
Anyone have similar problems??? I have been told that it may just be a
bad switch but I am not sure. Thanks in advance for the help guys, I
love this place!!!

Sean

1990 Mustang GT with 77,000 ORIGINAL MILES
with BRAND NEW bulletproof tranny with about 200 miles!!!

Old November 30th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> HI all,
>
> I am having trouble with my power window (passenger side) on my 90 GT.
> I have just reaplced the window motor after it stopped working a while
> ago. I replaced the motor with a remanufactured one from Napa. The
> window was working fine for a while and then just stopped working again
> (luckily in the UP position). I am not sure where to start, hoping
> that it is not an electrical problem, but not sure what to check first.
> Anyone have similar problems??? I have been told that it may just be a
> bad switch but I am not sure. Thanks in advance for the help guys, I
> love this place!!!
>
> Sean
>
> 1990 Mustang GT with 77,000 ORIGINAL MILES
> with BRAND NEW bulletproof tranny with about 200 miles!!!

My window has cut out on me, from time to time. There must be a short in
there somewhere. When the window fails, pressing the "down" button draws the
battery way down, and nothing happens. But the circuit breaker resets after
a time, and the window works again just fine. This has happened over the
past few years, but never for such an extended period that I've looked into
having it repaired.

I know why you're hoping it's not electrical, but your car is 17 years old.
Wiring fails over time.

And congrats on the new trans.

dwight
twin '93s

Old November 30th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
hank

Sean

Time to pull the door panel and do some testing with a multi meter.
That way you can see if there is power getting to the switch, and if
it is then is irt getting to the motor.

I have the '89 Ford wiring manual. I think the color codes are the
same if you need them.

Hank
Phoenix

On 29 Nov 2006 11:45:37 -0800, "

Old November 30th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Hey Hank,

That would be great if you could get me a copy of that, I am in phoenix
as well so maybe we can meet up somewhere. Let me know and thanks for
the advice.

Sean

Old November 30th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Thanks Dwight, I always enjoy reading your posts about your cars, I
hope to have my car forever so you are definately an inspiration to me!
And thanks for the congrats, I gotta take the car back in today to
have it re-checked after the new tranny but I really love it. Now I
just gotta get some new gears put in....

Old December 1st 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Thanks Dwight, I always enjoy reading your posts about your cars, I
> hope to have my car forever so you are definately an inspiration to me!
> And thanks for the congrats, I gotta take the car back in today to
> have it re-checked after the new tranny but I really love it. Now I
> just gotta get some new gears put in....

Thanks. I guess.

But instead of putting the car back in the shop, you need to DRIVE the
thing.

77,000 miles?!? You sure there isn't a hidden "1" to the left of that? Poor,
sad little neglected pony...

dwight
TFrog 200,800 miles
CFrog 110,000 (garage queen)

Old December 1st 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Hey don't be jealous just because I have a fox body with less than
100,000 miles on it...it is my daily driver now so I have put about
10,000 miles on it in the last year so I am driving it trust me there
is no neglect here.... anyway it is just going back ot the shop for a
tranny check-up, I mean with the lifetime warranty on parts and labor
they gave me they better cover their asses! They just want to
adjust it and make sure it is running smoothly...no problem with me
there... i just can't wait to put the 3.73's in there....and get my new
brakes put on so I can stop

Sean
GT 5OH

Old December 2nd 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey don't be jealous just because I have a fox body with less than
> 100,000 miles on it...it is my daily driver now so I have put about
> 10,000 miles on it in the last year so I am driving it trust me there
> is no neglect here.... anyway it is just going back ot the shop for a
> tranny check-up, I mean with the lifetime warranty on parts and labor
> they gave me they better cover their asses! They just want to
> adjust it and make sure it is running smoothly...no problem with me
> there... i just can't wait to put the 3.73's in there....and get my new
> brakes put on so I can stop
>
> Sean
> GT 5OH

No foolin'! Brakes was the very first upgrade I'd ever made. On any car. The
stock setup was a disaster waiting to happen.

I've thought about replacing my 2.97s, but I decided that I like idling at
75mph on the highway.

1st gear to 40, 2nd to 65, 3rd to 90... I kinda like that range. But I'll be
curious to hear what you think of the 3.73s when you get them in.

dwight

Old December 2nd 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher

On 29 Nov 2006 11:45:37 -0800, "
> wrote:

>HI all,
>
>I am having trouble with my power window (passenger side) on my 90 GT.
>I have just reaplced the window motor after it stopped working a while
>ago. I replaced the motor with a remanufactured one from Napa. The
>window was working fine for a while and then just stopped working again
>(luckily in the UP position). I am not sure where to start, hoping
>that it is not an electrical problem, but not sure what to check first.
> Anyone have similar problems??? I have been told that it may just be a
>bad switch but I am not sure. Thanks in advance for the help guys, I
>love this place!!!
>
>Sean
>
>1990 Mustang GT with 77,000 ORIGINAL MILES
>with BRAND NEW bulletproof tranny with about 200 miles!!!

The switches are fairly cheap. I've repaired more of these model
fords windows with new switches then with new motors. Actually, I've
never had a bad motor, only bad switches and motors where the plastic
gear disintegrated.
Old December 2nd 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I actually have 2.83's (i think) in there now that the previous owner
had put in when he rebuilt the original tranny. So I know what its like
to idle at 75 mph on the highway! I am just sick of little rice
burners being able to take off faster than me, i live in phoenix, az so
i don't spend too much time on the freeway and people are always trying
to race you around here it seems like ( i know be careful and all that)
I liked the gears at first but I just kind of want to see what the
3.73's are like. We'll see... upgrading the brakes to rear disc and
bigger front calipers and new rotors and all new hardware...hopefully
now when some idiot cuts me off on the freeway going 90 i won't have to
hit the brakes so damn hard!

Sean
GT 5OH

electric window problem Vijay BMW 12 August 19th 06 11:10 AM
Window regulator problems? Ed Dodge 3 June 14th 06 05:03 PM
TV Antennas on Rear Window Cause Problems ? klara Technology 7 April 6th 06 02:56 AM
96 Jetta Electric Window Problems LaM VW water cooled 2 March 6th 05 02:49 AM
window clacking noise on 2004 E60 530i Oliver Hui BMW 0 October 25th 04 03:25 AM