What type of car do you drive, a white one?

Old November 28th 06, 06:08 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
The Spanish Inquisition

Default What type of car do you drive, a white one?

greek_philosophizer wrote:

> Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
>> I did consider white paint for the cabrio I was planning to buy 5 years ago
>> but I was advised by various people not do do it as it would affect
>> residuals. Funny thing, as in Europe up to the eighties white was very
>> popular and was promoted by Merc on safety grounds. Plus Merc's very bright
>> Arctic White was not available for this car.
>>
>> So I chose black instead. Almost as 'generic' as silver... :-)

> I wonder if changes in color preferences reflect a change in social
> psychology.
>
> A happy, confident, exuberant group might pick loud colours.
>
> A more cautious group may choose less attention getting colors.
>
> My impression is than in the last couple of decades people have moved
> more muted colours, but I have no data to support that.

And the lease company may prescribe muted colours for resale reasons.
Then there's the observation that loud colors (bright red or yellow)
tend to be the ones that fade long before the car is mechanically ready
for the scrap heap. Faded paint coats look awful and repaint jobs are
very expensive.

Ximinez
http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/paulfitz/spanish/t1.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldlyTjXk9A
Old November 28th 06, 07:15 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Guenter Scholz wrote:

> I beg to differ! Delicious, especially when prepare sweet and sour style

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Old November 28th 06, 08:05 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dori A Schmetterling

Mercedes bright red or yellow, both of which I have seen (well, bright paint
on Mercs, maybe aftermarket), won't fade prematurely... ;-)

DAS
---

Old November 28th 06, 08:08 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Guenter Scholz

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>
>Guenter Scholz wrote:
>
>> I beg to differ! Delicious, especially when prepare sweet and sour style

>De gustibus non est disputandum.

...... could it be malformed tastebuds? :-)

cheers, guenter

Old November 28th 06, 10:07 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Guenter Scholz wrote:

> ...... could it be malformed tastebuds? :-)

Oh, I dunno. I have survived (and enjoyed) an actual "Goat Grab" in a
genuine Bedouin tent with a genuine Bedouin family in the Empty Quarter
of Saudi Arabia. But to this day, I still will not eat sweet potatoes
(or yams) in any form, pudding in any form, or offal. It can wiggle, it
can be strange, peculiar or mysterious, no problem. But those three
things I can detect in any quantity from about any distance, and I
cannot (not a matter of 'will not') eat them. Just won't get past the
plate or onto the fork (or into the right hand as it happens).

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Old November 29th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Roadie wrote:

> Expand your horizons beyond that overly salted and chemically preserved
> Spam and you might find some real dining pleasure.

See yesterday's reply... I have "been around" somewhat.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Old November 29th 06, 09:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dori A Schmetterling

Me, for example.

Yuuuukkkhhhh....bleahhh........

DAS
---

"Roadie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
And who
> could pass up that Pennsylvania delicacy fried scrapple

[...]

viscous fan drive repair? Nate Nagel Technology 18 September 29th 06 02:49 AM
RWD stick shift "family" car... and fairly recent? ray Technology 106 September 5th 06 03:21 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
02 Dodge Neon White 4 Sale 50K Miles 4-cyl 4-door NJ, USA Jimscars36 Chrysler 0 January 28th 05 04:59 PM