I'll NEVER buy another VW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 5th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Joseph Meehan[_1_]

Default I'll NEVER buy another VW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:11:22 +0000, Papa wrote:
>

>>> I'd never by an Asian car, but my next car is going to be good old
>>> Ford, GM or DMC because when taken care of, they run forever and
>>> don't cost an arm and a leg to fix.
>>>

>> You are not willing to buy an Asian car, but you will buy one from
>> Ford or GM? Have you read any Consumer Reports lately?

> With all due respect, Consumer Reports is probably the absolute worst
> source of unbiased information about cars.
>
> There are numerous examples of the exact same car, re-badged, doing
> substantially differently on the tests.

First some of those re-badged cars are not exactly the same. I would
expect differences. In addition if you are talking about differences on the
ratings, you need to remember that some parts of the ratings of cars comes
from owners. I am sure that if you were to get into the data, you would
find that the average owners of two rebadged version of the same original
are themselves different and may well rate or report differences based on
their different perceptions of the exact same experience.

That does not invalidate CR.

Now that you are going after a good old Ford or GM, maybe you should
consider that the most US car this year was a Japanese badged make.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old October 5th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

1- free repair
2- Was a bulletin on it
3- it's a USA thing- in Germany they don't use cars as traveling restaurants
4- May be normal especially when cold. But I don't like the pause either
5- VW is not the only company to use plastic impellers.
6- ???

6 complaints in 63,000 miles and you call it junk?

Good luck with your next ride.

Old October 5th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Matt B.

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in message
> 3- it's a USA thing- in Germany they don't use cars as traveling
> restaurants

well come on though...just because there's a cupholder does not mean we're
having a smorgasbord buffet in there while driving.

when i got to work I have a piping hot travel mug of coffee from home with
me (work coffee is crap) and I need a place to put it and i'm NOT drinking
it while driving...I'll have it at work...but I need to place it somewhere
in the car where it won't spill.

Old October 5th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Joseph Meehan wrote:
> find that the average owners of two rebadged version of the same original
> are themselves different and may well rate or report differences based on
> their different perceptions of the exact same experience.
>
> That does not invalidate CR.

Well, it depends on what you mean by that. There is no doubt they
dutifully report the survey results. And the survey sample is a group
of people that think Asian cars can drive on water. A proper sampled
survey would ask questions OBJECTIVELY (how much money in repairs did
you spend on the following items), but consumer reports asks them
SUBJECTIVELY (have you had major problems with....) and a
scientifically diverse sample group.

The CR survey is heavily biased towards asian manufacturers becuase
thats what their readers drive. I agree with the post that said its
just another tool, and it can be useful, you just need to understand
what its limits are. In the year I bought my GM minivan, CU rated it
the least reliable car on the road. Its had fewer problems then the
Corrolla I bought new in the mid 80's, yes, that would be the one that
gave toyota its reputation for reliability.

Old October 5th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Rico[_1_]

In article . net>, "Papa" > wrote:

>"Charlie" > wrote in message

>>> In your opinion, of course. I find CR to be very reliable and very
>>> accurate.

>> I don't.
>>

>I know you don't. Wasn't that already obvious?

Best part is, he showed ytou reasons why and links to see the what he's
talking about. In short backs up his opinion, what is yours based on?

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.
Old October 5th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Rico[_1_]

In article >, "Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote:
>1- free repair
>2- Was a bulletin on it
>3- it's a USA thing- in Germany they don't use cars as traveling restaurants

Whether they do or don't use cars as traveling resturants, this is an
extremely valid point, IMO. If you plan to sell cars outside your home
market (to non-Germans) get out and see how the product might be used by
those consumers. Consumers in the largest car market in the world do make
use of cup holders on a regular basis, some thought along those lines would
not be out of line nor too expensive to undertake. BMW and Mercedes mange
to get this little detail right. Say aren't they Germans?

Old October 5th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Papa

"Rico" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article . net>, "Papa"
> > wrote:

>>> I don't.
>>>

>>I know you don't. Wasn't that already obvious?

> Best part is, he showed ytou reasons why and links to see the what he's
> talking about. In short backs up his opinion, what is yours based on?

I thought everyone was already informed about such an obvious truth. That
is, that Toyota and Honda have long ago surpassed Ford and GM in quality,
price, reliability, and environmentally friendly characteristics.

However, if you want to continue buying those GM and Ford "products", go
ahead. It's your money and you have the right to waste it in any way you
wish.

Old October 5th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Arrebeest

Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:
> 1- free repair
> 2- Was a bulletin on it
> 3- it's a USA thing- in Germany they don't use cars as traveling
> restaurants 4- May be normal especially when cold. But I don't like
> the pause either 5- VW is not the only company to use plastic
> impellers. 6- ???
>
> 6 complaints in 63,000 miles and you call it junk?
>
> Good luck with your next ride.

Another usa thing: automatic transmission.

--
Nee momenteel effe geen XT

Old October 5th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mike Smith

Rico wrote:
> In article >, "Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote:
>> 1- free repair
>> 2- Was a bulletin on it
>> 3- it's a USA thing- in Germany they don't use cars as traveling restaurants

> Whether they do or don't use cars as traveling resturants, this is an
> extremely valid point, IMO. If you plan to sell cars outside your home
> market (to non-Germans) get out and see how the product might be used by
> those consumers. Consumers in the largest car market in the world do make
> use of cup holders on a regular basis, some thought along those lines would
> not be out of line nor too expensive to undertake. BMW and Mercedes mange
> to get this little detail right. Say aren't they Germans?

I'm very satisfied with the cupholders in my Passat. They hold cups,
which is just what they're supposed to do.

--
Mike Smith
Old October 5th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mike Smith

Arrebeest wrote:
> Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:
>> 1- free repair
>> 2- Was a bulletin on it
>> 3- it's a USA thing- in Germany they don't use cars as traveling
>> restaurants 4- May be normal especially when cold. But I don't like
>> the pause either 5- VW is not the only company to use plastic
>> impellers. 6- ???
>>
>> 6 complaints in 63,000 miles and you call it junk?
>>
>> Good luck with your next ride.

> Another usa thing: automatic transmission.

And VW's DSG is arguably the best automatic transmission in automotive
history.

--
Mike Smith